The Bucknuts - cash set (3 Viewers)

Put spots on the $20 but keep it black. Maybe try just Brutus's head?

well, in that case you're limited to reds, whites, grays, and blacks. and you're asking for suggestions but don't really seem to be open to any of them.

well, in that case you're limited to reds, whites, grays, and blacks. and you're asking for suggestions but don't really seem to be open to any of them.

I'm certainly open to suggestions. I didn't see many in your initial post.

I apologize if I'm coming across stubborn here. I certainly appreciate ALL of the input.

The things I'm pretty adamant about on this set are the colors of the 1s and 5s and trying to stay as close as possibly to the Buckeye colors.

buckeye1.png

Yeah -- Woody's face used to turn purple, not yellow. Until he got his ass fired. :rolleyes:
Ouch. I'd mention his five National Championships (and that number being five more than Bo ever took home) but it's been a bit of a rough stretch for ttun.
osuvs.jpg

I think I'm leaning toward the $25 suggestion and making it a green color. Keeping the entire set solids.

Speaking as both a fellow Buckeye and one who has ordered a few custom sets, here's my thoughts...

1. Totally agree w/no yellow as a base color for this set. I generally prefer yellow $20's, but not in *this* set.
2. You might consider just going with the nut vs. Brutus on the sides
3. I like the block Ohio State at the top. If you want an old-school feel, then an old tyme Brutus greyscale/watermark figure might work. Otherwise, consider the block O in the background.
4. Very in favor of the Purple $20 for this set.

I'll be in Columbus in June. If these are ready by then, I'd love to see them!

B-mold ftw.

Ouch. I'd mention his five National Championships (and that number being five more than Bo ever took home)

Oh, Bo was just Woody Lite. Neither one was anything to be proud of.

I have no particular allegiance to Michigan -- or any other university, including the ones I took degrees from. I just don't understand adults displaying such strong allegiance to their childhood affiliations.

Actually, I would root for OSU against either Notre Dame or Alabama -- but pretty much no one else. :cool:

Oh, Bo was just Woody Lite. Neither one was anything to be proud of.

I have no particular allegiance to Michigan -- or any other university, including the ones I took degrees from. I just don't understand adults displaying such strong allegiance to their childhood affiliations.

Actually, I would root for OSU against either Notre Dame or Alabama -- but pretty much no one else. :cool:

You don't understand sports fandom?

I don't think there's any reason to not go with the colors and denoms that you want. Standard colors and standard denoms are great for standard sets, but this is a custom set with a custom table in an outstanding theme.

Gray, Red, and Black for the 1, 5, and 20 are perfectly workable as far as contrast and spotting dirty stacks. You'll be playing with your friends who will love the colors as well, and everyone will get used to the value/color combos in no time. I'm more a fan of $20 in cash games rather than $25 because it mimics the bills. I love Quicksilvers last mockup, miles ahead of the first one you proposed. The space is used much better, and the Ohio State font ties it together with the theme. Courage's idea for spots on the $20 is balls. What's good about spots on just the $20 is that you'll get cool spots, but it won't cost that much more since you'll have the fewest of that denom.

I don't think there's any reason to not go with the colors and denoms that you want. Standard colors and standard denoms are great for standard sets, but this is a custom set with a custom table in an outstanding theme.

Gray, Red, and Black for the 1, 5, and 20 are perfectly workable as far as contrast and spotting dirty stacks. You'll be playing with your friends who will love the colors as well, and everyone will get used to the value/color combos in no time. I'm more a fan of $20 in cash games rather than $25 because it mimics the bills. I love Quicksilvers last mockup, miles ahead of the first one you proposed. The space is used much better, and the Ohio State font ties it together with the theme. Courage's idea for spots on the $20 is balls. What's good about spots on just the $20 is that you'll get cool spots, but it won't cost that much more since you'll have the fewest of that denom.

Good stuff. Thanks.

I think I'm leaning toward a green 25 (or 20). I think the contrast between the charcoal and the black is a legit point that was raised. Also, quicksilver is re-working the inlay design and Buckeye leafs may make it which would add green to the inlay. There is something about all solid sets that appeal to me.

Leaning toward the B-mold too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom