The Godfather Club - Minnesota (7 Viewers)

Wednesday check in. Lineup set yesterday.
1729119110471.png

A recent message that hit the 30 deep Rolodex. Wording and tone is everything but reminders like this, especially when intermittently warranted need to go out. You always run the risk of it not landing with some players but those are the ones that either need to hear it or should be more fringey. Enjoy.

Oh, and I promise some pics from 128 (Yeah right…)

Hello Poker Players, it’s Ken at the Executive Game. I want to thank you for helping make and keep our game great and take this opportunity to touch on a few things we do well and how those things have helped keep our game going strong. Nothing major just the basics, all of which we do pretty well.

It’s great that players understand that by taking a seat in the weekly game they’re committing to showing up at the start of the session and playing until at least midnight. If players have an early morning and cannot stay the length of the session they typically pass for that week and let the seat go to someone else. I would never want our game to interfere with personal, family and other commitments. There’s always another session if plans come up that might affect a players ability to put in a full night. That’s one of the advantages of having a weekly game. Take a seat at a future game. We’ve done good in this area and need it to continue.

When it comes to making plans for leaving a session we have also done well. There are a number of thoughts on how to announce one’s departure and while there is no best way there are ways that are less popular. Players should forecast their cash out about two orbits in advance and make that announcement to the table. This is a fairly common practice. The abrupt “this is my last hand” or “I’m leaving in 15 minutes” helps no one and can affect the table vibe. We have also done well in this area and need it to continue.

Our game is a low stakes social affair. The buy-ins are ranged $25-40 and the liberal top off policy provides an opportunity for players to keep their stacks competitive. Again, in the stakes and buy-in department we have done well. For the game to play smoothly players should attend with 2-3 full buy-ins. Again, this is a lower stakes game and players therefore should never expect to win or lose more than about 2-3 buy-ins. When players bank less it can lead to unplanned and early departures and we covered earlier how detrimental that can be.

We have a great game and it’s because of our typical adherence to these basic tenets of home poker. It’s appreciated that players respond quickly, with a yes or a no to text invites, arrive on time and ready to play a full session, and come prepared with, and ready to lose or win, typically no more than 2-3 buy-ins.

One thing I don’t have to mention is the gratuities. The players seem to like having ready access to the cuisine, snacks, and beverages and have done a great job of supporting what goes on in The James Dean Lounge (formerly The Donkey Suite) by tipping the game to keep the food coming. Well done.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making the Executive Game at The Godfather Club the best game I’ve spread in my hosting career.

Well done.
❤️♠️♦️♣️

Put the chips out a day early just because.

128 will debut 140 fracs that are new to the cabinet; the Protégés on the Cigar and Snifter mold.

The heavy lifting will be done by three vintage racks of old Chipcos.

And then the plaques.

Yes, I mix molds, materials, and use $25’s as quarters.

Hey, I made that clear two years ago when I joined and haven’t been banned yet.

IMG_7237.jpeg
IMG_7238.jpeg
IMG_7239.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom