The Official Mail Showcase Thread (poker related) (77 Viewers)

Huge thanks to @AfterTheFact for what has always been my favorite chip and part of my (seemingly) never-ending chipping goal. Not only did he break this off as someone after the same chips himself, but he gave all the proceeds as an Emma donation without any public acknowledgement. https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/condolences-for-emma-thread.113250/ Let's keep crushing that GoFundMe goal!
ye8uxwS.jpg

QiWnMD3.jpg

Last edited:
Here's another belated mail day of some chips offered as fundraising for @liftapint's friends. I was especially excited to receive these chips.

On 24 August 2010, @abby99 revealed her BCC MGK Lady Luck Club chips on Chiptalk. It's difficult to write about these chips without sounding like I'm using hyperbole. In my opinion, they're one of the top chip sets of all time. The colors are outstanding, the mold is on my short list for best mold ever, the inlay design is flawless, and the spots (and base colors!) follow a progression for those who notice such things. There's not a single weak chip in the lineup, and if I had to pick a favorite it would probably change every time I looked at them. After 13 years, it is a privilege to see these in person, and an even greater privilege to receive them from Marsha herself. They are even more impressive in person, and I can only image what it's like to see them in barrels and racks, never mind in play.

If you want to read more about these chips (and see more pics!), you can check out their hall of fame entry on PCF and even see their reveal thread from CT courtesy of the Wayback Machine:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/resources/the-lady-luck-club.13/

https://web.archive.org/web/2011100...allery/69321-lady-luck-club-cash-set-mgk.html

Since I haven't seen this info elsewhere on PCF, here are the chip colors according to the reveal post:

25¢ chip
Base: TRK Dark Blue
Inserts: Hot Pink, Sherbert Green

$1 chip
3A12
Base: White
Inserts: TRK Lavender, TRK Light Blue, TRK Dark Green
abby99-albums-abby99-s-custom-bcc-mgk-lady-luck-club-picture7674-1-chip-3a12-base-white-inserts-trk-lavender-trk-light-blue-trk-dark-green-chip-started-out-tri-colored-3-moon-but-wouldnt-have-worked-white-base-ive-come-prefer-way-3a12-because-there-more-color-chip-faces-these-chips-joy-play-very-colorful-white-chips.jpg

$5 chip
4D14
Base: TRK Red
Inserts: Hot Pink, Light Pink

$20 chip
3T18
Base: Canary Yellow New
Inserts: TRK Light Turquoise, Day Green, Mauve

$100 chip
4T18
Base: Black
Inserts: Blood Red, TRK Fire, Arc Yellow
abby99-albums-abby99-s-custom-bcc-mgk-lady-luck-club-picture7671-100-chip-4t18-base-black-inserts-blood-red-trk-fire-arc-yellow-inspired-fire-setting-sun-reference-mrticsays-mabuhay-sun-sets-im-thrilled-way-these-turned-out.jpg

@abby99, I didn't notice until looking at the photos, but my quarter has one hot pink edgespot and one light pink edgespot. I don't know how many are like that, but if you want the "error" chip back I'm happy to swap.

wPWgNzW.jpg

So what's left to do after designing one of the all time great cash sets? Knock it out of the park again with a California cash set! @abby99 revealed these on Chiptalk on 19 June 2012. I believe they were produced as part of ASM's second offering of the MD-50 mold. If I have my timelines correct, these were produced after Jim Blanchard sold ASM but while he was working at the factory with Michael Dambach still putting out quality products. This was before the relocation to ASM Vegas where we learned about D. Red Ott and almost lost the last clay chip maker that would take orders for the home market.

I'm a big fan of California sets, this one included. I think the $100 was supposed to be the only direct tribute chip (to the Pick Hobson $100), but the quarter also stood out to me as a match to the quarter used by The Horseshoe Club in Gardena, CA. To me the yellow $5 is one of the most important parts of a California cash set, and this set nailed it. You can find the reveal post (with pics!) from CT on the Wayback Machine here:

https://web.archive.org/web/2013050...y-luck-club-series-ii-add-ons-post-117-a.html

Here are the colors per the reveal post:

(original) 5-cent: Half pie, Purple, Light Green
25-cent: 414, Red with Bright White
$1: 3T16, Light Blue with Retro Blue, Pink, DG Arc Yellow
$5: 3A12, Canary Yellow with Mandarin Red, Green, Blue
$20: 6A14, Black with Retro Lavender, Light Green, DG Arc Yellow
$100: Quarter pie, Bright White, Retro Blue, Retro Red

hPjB2Ab.jpg

idwWSO6.jpg

Thank you for the outstanding chips! These will occupy a special place in my collection.

Edit: To be clear, the ASM chips have a different inlay on each side. I think the inlays work great together, which is difficult to pull off. These are not two different sets, although that would have been cool too.
Agreed on all points. @abby99 ’s MGK BCC set is a top five set for me.

View attachment 1244148

It’s much less common for me to get chips in the mail these days but I was lucky enough to find a matching Paris $20 jeton and another single MT $25. Slow going but keeps things interesting. Willing to pay $$$ for a Paris $50 and $100 jeton with matching spots.
What. Are. These. Jetons.

What. Are. These. Jetons.
You’ve never seen them? I think they’re still live. But they were used for French roulette and then taken out of play. But I think you can cash them at Paris. Either way I have a $5 one and it’s pretty neat. But way lighter and thinner than I thought it would be. They go up to $100 I think.

You’ve never seen them? I think they’re still live. But they were used for French roulette and then taken out of play. But I think you can cash them at Paris. Either way I have a $5 one and it’s pretty neat. But way lighter and thinner than I thought it would be. They go up to $100 I think.
Haven't been used for a looooooong time. They had a single french roulette table where these and plaques were used when they were first issued.

http://www.thechipboard.com/archive...md/read/id/1701155/sbj/the-story-by-bob-orme/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom