The Official Mail Showcase Thread (poker related) (101 Viewers)

Fun label project for my bromigo @bkl334poker

Thanks for the great deal @AK Chip
IMG_7484.jpeg

This mail day is long overdue. I'm on the record as a big fan of BCC chips. When they got it right, they were some of the best unleaded chips ever made. Through a classifieds listing, an auction for @liftapint and friends, and a trade deal I recently received several awesome sample sets from @harrysallout.

First up, a Samurai Palace sample set with a $1k error chip:
5po5JGy.jpg
NEsOxAw.jpg

Next is a partial Vineyards commemorative sample set:
DsgJz3r.jpg

Following that is a partial High Roller sample set:
A272dMD.jpg

In addition, I received a Silver Dust sample set. This set is one of the few custom sets to have a 50mm no mold chip. The set also did a great job giving each denomination its own artwork:
SFSsVXF.jpg

Finally, here’s a MGK GCR sample set including the error $25 and the custom milled nickel made for @harrysallout. I’ve been keeping an eye out for an error $25 for a while now:
eYyl80R.jpg

The error $25 is a curious chip. The BCC MGK CGR chips matched the color of the printed denomination to an edgespot in every example I have, except for the error $25. In the error $25, it's lighter than the green edgespot that it seeks to match in the non-error $25. Also, if that error $25 looks familiar to you, you’re not alone:
SHuilv2.jpg

That does it for the mail day. Since I'm already talking BCC, it can't hurt to talk some more. If you include error chips, every 39mm denomination of the GCR lineup has a “secondary” option other than the $1:
HYheqND.jpg

However, if you play under a UV light for whatever reason, you could argue the $1 has two versions as well:
XPlYmRC.jpg

This should be a full sample set of all BCC MGK variants produced, including the non-MGK 50mm no-mold $20:
resMMJy.jpg

Does anyone know which version of the quarter and $5 were the original and the add-on? I seem to recall that the darker $5 was the original, but I have no idea for the quarter. I have another sample set that includes both quarters but only the darker (original) $5. Were both quarters offered in the original GB?

On an unrelated note, either the flash I used or the software I'm using to process my RAW images to JPEG is really juicing the reds and pinks. BCC had some excellent reds and pinks, but they're not quite as oversaturated as some of these pics look. Strangely enough, the yellow on the $20 is subdued compared to in person under normal lighting. Hopefully I'll learn how to get things dialed in someday, but this was the best I could do for now.

Thank you for the great chips!

Edit: On PCF, the reds and pinks looks closer to how they appear in person, while the yellow is slightly over-saturated now. Go figure.

Edit 2: I should probably note that the Silver Dust set is a partial set as well. The full set also includes a secondary $1, a secondary $5, a $2, a $3, a $10, and a $25k from an add-on order. At any rate, the set comes from the mind of the incomparable @toad94.

Attachments

• 149A3050_DxO.jpg
    149A3050_DxO.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 149A3049_DxO.jpg
    149A3049_DxO.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 149A3047_DxO.jpg
    149A3047_DxO.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 149A2881_DxO.jpg
    149A2881_DxO.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 149A2879_DxO.jpg
    149A2879_DxO.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 149A2877_DxO.jpg
    149A2877_DxO.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 149A2876_DxO.jpg
    149A2876_DxO.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 149A2875_DxO.jpg
    149A2875_DxO.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 149A2874_DxO.jpg
    149A2874_DxO.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 149A2872_DxO.jpg
    149A2872_DxO.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
wbVIm5N.jpg

6gXshgt.jpg

Quick pit-stop before WaB III. Will look like these soon enough. Could use three more arc yellow singles tho :ninja:
That Arc yellow looks fantastic there, great fit with it being a cali $1 but red $5.

I'm lazy and not artistic, so probably going to copy. Any other colors that you thought about using before landing on that?

That Arc yellow looks fantastic there, great fit with it being a cali $1 but red $5.

I'm lazy and not artistic, so probably going to copy. Any other colors that you thought about using before landing on that?
Originally was thinking peach would be the perfect fit to bridge the Cali chips with Vegas colors gap, but the arc yellow opportunity came up first and I do slightly prefer it overall because, well, it's arc yellow. Canary/yellow is honestly fantastic too and plays really well the couple times we've played the set with them.
lDvvb9X.jpg
FoJvvBO.jpg

Also...
Capture.PNG

Here's another belated mail day of some chips offered as fundraising for @liftapint's friends. I was especially excited to receive these chips.

On 24 August 2010, @abby99 revealed her BCC MGK Lady Luck Club chips on Chiptalk. It's difficult to write about these chips without sounding like I'm using hyperbole. In my opinion, they're one of the top chip sets of all time. The colors are outstanding, the mold is on my short list for best mold ever, the inlay design is flawless, and the spots (and base colors!) follow a progression for those who notice such things. There's not a single weak chip in the lineup, and if I had to pick a favorite it would probably change every time I looked at them. After 13 years, it is a privilege to see these in person, and an even greater privilege to receive them from Marsha herself. They are even more impressive in person, and I can only image what it's like to see them in barrels and racks, never mind in play.

If you want to read more about these chips (and see more pics!), you can check out their hall of fame entry on PCF and even see their reveal thread from CT courtesy of the Wayback Machine:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/resources/the-lady-luck-club.13/

https://web.archive.org/web/2011100...allery/69321-lady-luck-club-cash-set-mgk.html

Since I haven't seen this info elsewhere on PCF, here are the chip colors according to the reveal post:

25¢ chip
Base: TRK Dark Blue
Inserts: Hot Pink, Sherbert Green

$1 chip
3A12
Base: White
Inserts: TRK Lavender, TRK Light Blue, TRK Dark Green
abby99-albums-abby99-s-custom-bcc-mgk-lady-luck-club-picture7674-1-chip-3a12-base-white-inserts-trk-lavender-trk-light-blue-trk-dark-green-chip-started-out-tri-colored-3-moon-but-wouldnt-have-worked-white-base-ive-come-prefer-way-3a12-because-there-more-color-chip-faces-these-chips-joy-play-very-colorful-white-chips.jpg

$5 chip
4D14
Base: TRK Red
Inserts: Hot Pink, Light Pink

$20 chip
3T18
Base: Canary Yellow New
Inserts: TRK Light Turquoise, Day Green, Mauve

$100 chip
4T18
Base: Black
Inserts: Blood Red, TRK Fire, Arc Yellow
abby99-albums-abby99-s-custom-bcc-mgk-lady-luck-club-picture7671-100-chip-4t18-base-black-inserts-blood-red-trk-fire-arc-yellow-inspired-fire-setting-sun-reference-mrticsays-mabuhay-sun-sets-im-thrilled-way-these-turned-out.jpg

@abby99, I didn't notice until looking at the photos, but my quarter has one hot pink edgespot and one light pink edgespot. I don't know how many are like that, but if you want the "error" chip back I'm happy to swap.

wPWgNzW.jpg

So what's left to do after designing one of the all time great cash sets? Knock it out of the park again with a California cash set! @abby99 revealed these on Chiptalk on 19 June 2012. I believe they were produced as part of ASM's second offering of the MD-50 mold. If I have my timelines correct, these were produced after Jim Blanchard sold ASM but while he was working at the factory with Michael Dambach still putting out quality products. This was before the relocation to ASM Vegas where we learned about D. Red Ott and almost lost the last clay chip maker that would take orders for the home market.

I'm a big fan of California sets, this one included. I think the $100 was supposed to be the only direct tribute chip (to the Pick Hobson $100), but the quarter also stood out to me as a match to the quarter used by The Horseshoe Club in Gardena, CA. To me the yellow $5 is one of the most important parts of a California cash set, and this set nailed it. You can find the reveal post (with pics!) from CT on the Wayback Machine here:

https://web.archive.org/web/2013050...y-luck-club-series-ii-add-ons-post-117-a.html

Here are the colors per the reveal post:

(original) 5-cent: Half pie, Purple, Light Green
25-cent: 414, Red with Bright White
$1: 3T16, Light Blue with Retro Blue, Pink, DG Arc Yellow
$5: 3A12, Canary Yellow with Mandarin Red, Green, Blue
$20: 6A14, Black with Retro Lavender, Light Green, DG Arc Yellow
$100: Quarter pie, Bright White, Retro Blue, Retro Red

hPjB2Ab.jpg

idwWSO6.jpg

Thank you for the outstanding chips! These will occupy a special place in my collection.

Edit: To be clear, the ASM chips have a different inlay on each side. I think the inlays work great together, which is difficult to pull off. These are not two different sets, although that would have been cool too.

Attachments

• 149A3060_DxO.jpg
    149A3060_DxO.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 149A3059_DxO.jpg
    149A3059_DxO.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 149A3053_DxO.jpg
    149A3053_DxO.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Here's another belated mail day of some chips offered as fundraising for @liftapint's friends. I was especially excited to receive these chips.

On 24 August 2010, @abby99 revealed her BCC MGK Lady Luck Club chips on Chiptalk. It's difficult to write about these chips without sounding like I'm using hyperbole. In my opinion, they're one of the top chip sets of all time. The colors are outstanding, the mold is on my short list for best mold ever, the inlay design is flawless, and the spots (and base colors!) follow a progression for those who notice such things. There's not a single weak chip in the lineup, and if I had to pick a favorite it would probably change every time I looked at them. After 13 years, it is a privilege to see these in person, and an even greater privilege to receive them from Marsha herself. They are even more impressive in person, and I can only image what it's like to see them in barrels and racks, never mind in play.

If you want to read more about these chips (and see more pics!), you can check out their hall of fame entry on PCF and even see their reveal thread from CT courtesy of the Wayback Machine:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/resources/the-lady-luck-club.13/

https://web.archive.org/web/2011100...allery/69321-lady-luck-club-cash-set-mgk.html

Since I haven't seen this info elsewhere on PCF, here are the chip colors according to the reveal post:

25¢ chip
Base: TRK Dark Blue
Inserts: Hot Pink, Sherbert Green

$1 chip
3A12
Base: White
Inserts: TRK Lavender, TRK Light Blue, TRK Dark Green
abby99-albums-abby99-s-custom-bcc-mgk-lady-luck-club-picture7674-1-chip-3a12-base-white-inserts-trk-lavender-trk-light-blue-trk-dark-green-chip-started-out-tri-colored-3-moon-but-wouldnt-have-worked-white-base-ive-come-prefer-way-3a12-because-there-more-color-chip-faces-these-chips-joy-play-very-colorful-white-chips.jpg

$5 chip
4D14
Base: TRK Red
Inserts: Hot Pink, Light Pink

$20 chip
3T18
Base: Canary Yellow New
Inserts: TRK Light Turquoise, Day Green, Mauve

$100 chip
4T18
Base: Black
Inserts: Blood Red, TRK Fire, Arc Yellow
abby99-albums-abby99-s-custom-bcc-mgk-lady-luck-club-picture7671-100-chip-4t18-base-black-inserts-blood-red-trk-fire-arc-yellow-inspired-fire-setting-sun-reference-mrticsays-mabuhay-sun-sets-im-thrilled-way-these-turned-out.jpg

@abby99, I didn't notice until looking at the photos, but my quarter has one hot pink edgespot and one light pink edgespot. I don't know how many are like that, but if you want the "error" chip back I'm happy to swap.

wPWgNzW.jpg

So what's left to do after designing one of the all time great cash sets? Knock it out of the park again with a California cash set! @abby99 revealed these on Chiptalk on 19 June 2012. I believe they were produced as part of ASM's second offering of the MD-50 mold. If I have my timelines correct, these were produced after Jim Blanchard sold ASM but while he was working at the factory with Michael Dambach still putting out quality products. This was before the relocation to ASM Vegas where we learned about D. Red Ott and almost lost the last clay chip maker that would take orders for the home market.

I'm a big fan of California sets, this one included. I think the $100 was supposed to be the only direct tribute chip (to the Pick Hobson $100), but the quarter also stood out to me as a match to the quarter used by The Horseshoe Club in Gardena, CA. To me the yellow $5 is one of the most important parts of a California cash set, and this set nailed it. You can find the reveal post (with pics!) from CT on the Wayback Machine here:

https://web.archive.org/web/2013050...y-luck-club-series-ii-add-ons-post-117-a.html

Here are the colors per the reveal post:

(original) 5-cent: Half pie, Purple, Light Green
25-cent: 414, Red with Bright White
$1: 3T16, Light Blue with Retro Blue, Pink, DG Arc Yellow
$5: 3A12, Canary Yellow with Mandarin Red, Green, Blue
$20: 6A14, Black with Retro Lavender, Light Green, DG Arc Yellow
$100: Quarter pie, Bright White, Retro Blue, Retro Red

hPjB2Ab.jpg

idwWSO6.jpg

Thank you for the outstanding chips! These will occupy a special place in my collection.

Edit: To be clear, the ASM chips have a different inlay on each side. I think the inlays work great together, which is difficult to pull off. These are not two different sets, although that would have been cool too.

Thank you so much, Matt, for your incredible writeup, for including links to the relevant web pages in the Wayback Machine, and of course for your generous bid to help support Mel's friend Morgan.

Enjoy the chips!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom