The Official Mail Showcase Thread (poker related) (74 Viewers)

Cool mail day just before Christmas thanks to @BarrieJ3 (yeah he actually put something in the mail!) And @inapinch both, for a sweet pre Christmas package!

Some cool singles: IG, HSBH and Jubilee from @inapinch and some sweet Continental swag from WAB3, shirt, lanyard, pint glass, gold coin, hot stamp custom and he included one of each of the cut cards I designed for the meetup (damn those came out better than stuff info for myself lol) from @BarrieJ3

Thanks to you both and for all the other packages PCF members have sent my way this year! Merry Christmas to everyone and happy chipping and draggin' pots in 2024

PXL_20231223_190052965.MP.jpg

Cool mail day just before Christmas thanks to @BarrieJ3 (yeah he actually put something in the mail!) And @inapinch both, for a sweet pre Christmas package!

Some cool singles: IG, HSBH and Jubilee from @inapinch and some sweet Continental swag from WAB3, shirt, lanyard, pint glass, gold coin, hot stamp custom and he included one of each of the cut cards I designed for the meetup (damn those came out better than stuff info for myself lol) from @BarrieJ3

Thanks to you both and for all the other packages PCF members have sent my way this year! Merry Christmas to everyone and happy chipping and draggin' pots in 2024

View attachment 1244451
Couldn’t fit the rocks glass in properly. Either come out for WaB 24, or I’ll toss it in the next care package!

Got this insanely cool gift from @DirtyTIVA! As someone who has watched F1 since a little kid it’s been a dream to have something as cool as this, possibly attend an event and do I even say.. work with a major company like Mercedes to help create something for F1. Never did I think I’d have that opportunity until I got a call at work one day in October followed by an email. This was the start of helping Mercedes get custom chips made for their giveaway items (or at least that’s what I think they were) during F1 here in Vegas. These were given out for different days at the Mercedes paddock. The three chips I helped create, make sure they’d print fine and got them into production just in time for F1 to come to Vegas. The original plan was to also make custom playing cards too but we ran out of time to make that happen. I had no idea where the chips were going once they were made and I had no idea if i would personally see a set again but luckily I have my own personal set know. This whole package is so nice and I’m thankful to have someone like @DirtyTIVA in my life. Inside he also included a Kings Castle $1 Free Play TRK!

IMG_4769.jpeg
IMG_4770.jpeg
IMG_4772.jpeg
IMG_4773.jpeg
IMG_4774.jpeg
IMG_4775.jpeg
IMG_4776.jpeg

Got this insanely cool gift from @DirtyTIVA! As someone who has watched F1 since a little kid it’s been a dream to have something as cool as this, possibly attend an event and do I even say.. work with a major company like Mercedes to help create something for F1. Never did I think I’d have that opportunity until I got a call at work one day in October followed by an email. This was the start of helping Mercedes get custom chips made for their giveaway items (or at least that’s what I think they were) during F1 here in Vegas. These were given out for different days at the Mercedes paddock. The three chips I helped create, make sure they’d print fine and got them into production just in time for F1 to come to Vegas. The original plan was to also make custom playing cards too but we ran out of time to make that happen. I had no idea where the chips were going once they were made and I had no idea if i would personally see a set again but luckily I have my own personal set know. This whole package is so nice and I’m thankful to have someone like @DirtyTIVA in my life. Inside he also included a Kings Castle $1 Free Play TRK!

View attachment 1245089View attachment 1245090View attachment 1245091View attachment 1245092View attachment 1245093View attachment 1245094View attachment 1245095
@DirtyTIVA what no IWC watch?

Picked up some card caps for my oldest, Ace, as he has started playing live poker.

I picked up this gem from eBay, a chip from the Sequoia Club in Hanford, CA dating back to the 50's:

PXL_20231226_215726129~2.jpg

Pro tip, older chips don't quite fit into the 39mm airtites. Gave him one of my ringed airtites which fit better.

@Godzilla28 was kind enough to send me this chip, which of course between the bright color and the larger inlay, he likes better:

PXL_20231226_215731138~2.jpg

Last edited:
Happy mail day after Christmas!

First Thanks to @Saoliver ! These CPC FDL’s. Former Angie’s Castle. I have already contacted @timinater for some label creations. Excited for these to take shape!

IMG_1287.jpeg

Then while looking for wooden racks, (I love wood [TWSS]) I stumbled across Classic Poker Chips offerings on their vendor page. And also the ASM barrels….

IMG_1288.jpeg

I plan on making some LSU Tribute chips with these Purple FDL’s. Thanks to @David Spragg !

IMG_1290.jpeg

Mud

Picked up some card caps for my oldest, Ace, as he has started playing live poker.

I picked up this gem from eBay, a chip from the Sequoia Club in Hanford, CA dating back to the 50's:

View attachment 1245500

Pro tip, older chips don't quite fit into the 39mm airtites. Gave him one of my ringed airtites which fit better.

@Godzilla28 was kind enough to send me this chip, which of course between the bright color and the larger inlay, he likes better:

View attachment 1245501
This one came today's mail.

PXL_20231227_230832497~2.jpg

Edge spots are more mustard and ketchup in RL. Intentionally, I hope.

Last edited:
Back from Festivus and Christmas activities to a handful of recent items in the mail, mostly additions to the Vegas $1s collection, but also an old-school hot-stamp chip from the 1940s.

AD-mailday-202312-last.jpg

The inlay design on the Durango is as boring and simple as the old SLS chips. I recall making a joke back on CT when those came out that it looked like the inlay was designed by a business intern who was given five minutes and MS Word to design it. Seems like the same thing here. At least they are Paulson chips with an inlay!

The Fontainblah chip is as awful as it looks. It just feels strange and I imagine they handle like garbage in stacks.

The Circus Circus is less bad than I was expecting as the surface feels like it might actually have some grip, but it's still a poor replacement for the older Paulson chips. (It's also a bit larger in diameter as I noticed as I was racking it up with the rest of the ones I have.)

The hub mold is from the Brown Palace in downtown Denver. A cool old-school hotel from the very late 1800s. The hotel is still there but the games this chip were used in are long gone.

Enjoy!

The last mail of the year was also a poker book. (I couldn't win the bid for poker chips.)
books.jpg

Enjoy the holidays and have a great new year!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom