The Official Mail Showcase Thread (poker related) (74 Viewers)

The mail was delivered and no package! I was bummed because Informed Delivery said it was arriving today. And then… The mail truck made it’s pass in the other direction and made a left into my driveway. :LOL: :laugh:

Thank you @Tommy ! The passengers arrived safe and sound (and the chips too).

90DD66E1-0DF0-40D8-9901-CA6B7C19F980.png
99FF6AFA-62E2-4450-8A13-36B7DDB12F1E.jpeg

DF1CECF1-5074-42AE-82FD-6B2572552D0B.jpeg
5F4301AC-1F23-436D-AB34-1A9F9CC9CF1A.jpeg
BE51F313-A4A8-4F2A-A0E5-89F37A90557E.jpeg

Attachments

• 93A4511C-4352-497F-8265-2BCBE56A8032.jpeg
    93A4511C-4352-497F-8265-2BCBE56A8032.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 38
Few things are better than walking into your office and seeing an unexpected Indian Blue package on your desk...

ROm3Jfr.jpg

...especially when the contents match!

X9DQF3x.jpg

You're the goat Mike. Truly appreciated beyond words can describe.

Still a ways to go on more $25s, but my personal grail set is this much closer to completion.

Had a good mail day today!

Thanks to @Buge for running the custom cut card order! Now just waiting on my CPC order to run this summer.

Thanks to @Grandmasturkey for these Ambassador Plaza 500s! Not sure if I'll get these in play but they are great back up for the cash bank ;)

Thanks to @ktran for referring me to the Copaq USA site that had cards for the same low price that Amazon did, but with faster shipping (3 days) and if you buy any two decks you get a free WSOP 2020 deck.

13C2FD3C-9833-4357-8A3C-0061D0024339.jpeg

@Ben8257 post incoming...

Probably the most special mail day yet.

1) @Gear @Wifey You guys are absolutely incredible. Thank you for offering your incredible talents to this community at a more than reasonable price.

JqSu2pZ.jpg

2) It was my grandmother's life mission that I get a master's degree. She was the only person in my family to ever go to college and believed in me when I didn't even believe in myself. My mother was addicted to drugs and alcohol since she had me at 17 years old. She died at 39, leaving behind 6 children from 4 different men. Each of these men disappeared shortly after their children were born. After she passed, our grandmother was the only family member alive that was older than me. When I graduated high school, she said "that's good honey, one step closer to your master's." She tried to sound calm, but you can't hide pride like that. When I completed my undergrad, she said the same thing... "that's good honey, one step closer to your master's." She had that same sound in her voice. When I was accepted into the graduate program and called to tell her the news, she said the same thing again, but that time was much harder for her to sound calm. Shortly after that phone call, in May 2020, my grandmother passed away. I was set to start grad school in the Fall, already working full-time, and now the new legal guardian of my younger siblings. The last two years have presented challenges I could never dream of. But if there's one thing life has taught me, it's that character and determination are sufficient when experience is not. It was my goal to make sure my siblings knew they were not alone in this world and playing poker was something we all loved from playing with our grandmother. I came to PCF to find better chips and a better table for us to enjoy together. Little did I know, PCF had much more to offer than that. I found great chips, and I found a great table, but I also found an incredible community of people who unknowingly kept my head above water through incredible friendships.

The last time I heard my grandmother's voice was May 18th, 2020, at 10:08 am.
I will walk the stage and receive my master's diploma on May 21, 2022, at 10:00 am.

I've joked for a year now that our love of the BTP design was because we always saw our lives as some kind of a circus. I guess the BTJ twist is a little more accurate. Thank you all for the friendships and kindness you've shown me over the last year. Never take for granted the impact you can have on another person's life through the smallest of gestures. While I wish I could share this moment with my grandmother, I'm so happy I can share it with you guys.

h5KQHQE.jpg

1) @Gear @Wifey You guys are absolutely incredible. Thank you for offering your incredible talents to this community at a more than reasonable price.

JqSu2pZ.jpg

2) It was my grandmother's life mission that I get a master's degree. She was the only person in my family to ever go to college and believed in me when I didn't even believe in myself. My mother was addicted to drugs and alcohol since she had me at 17 years old. She died at 39, leaving behind 6 children from 4 different men. Each of these men disappeared shortly after their children were born. After she passed, our grandmother was the only family member alive that was older than me. When I graduated high school, she said "that's good honey, one step closer to your master's." She tried to sound calm, but you can't hide pride like that. When I completed my undergrad, she said the same thing... "that's good honey, one step closer to your master's." She had that same sound in her voice. When I was accepted into the graduate program and called to tell her the news, she said the same thing again, but that time was much harder for her to sound calm. Shortly after that phone call, in May 2020, my grandmother passed away. I was set to start grad school in the Fall, already working full-time, and now the new legal guardian of my younger siblings. The last two years have presented challenges I could never dream of. But if there's one thing life has taught me, it's that character and determination are sufficient when experience is not. It was my goal to make sure my siblings knew they were not alone in this world and playing poker was something we all loved from playing with our grandmother. I came to PCF to find better chips and a better table for us to enjoy together. Little did I know, PCF had much more to offer than that. I found great chips, and I found a great table, but I also found an incredible community of people who unknowingly kept my head above water through incredible friendships.

I will walk the stage and receive my master's diploma on May 21, 2022, at 10:00 am.

I've joked for a year now that our love of the BTP design was because we always saw our lives as some kind of a circus. I guess the BTJ twist is a little more accurate. Thank you all for the friendships and kindness you've shown me over the last year. Never take for granted the impact you can have on another person's life through the smallest of gestures. While I wish I could share this moment with my grandmother, I'm so happy I can share it with you guys.

h5KQHQE.jpg
Congrats Triston!!!! Good for you!!!

JqSu2pZ.jpg

h5KQHQE.jpg
Incredible story, Triston. Truly inspirational. I love to hear stories of perseverance and success instead of the all-too-common victim mentality. Congratulations on an excellent accomplishment. I’m sure your grandma will be looking down with an enormous smile.

Not gonna top @ImCrossland's mail day, not that it's a competition--I firmly believe that sharing good news should only increase joy in others, not diminish it. Congrats Triston!

Thank you @liftapint for helping me complete my NCC DB collection. I now have one of each of the designs from the DB GB that @TX_Golf_N_Poker ran. Thanks also for selling me my first TRK NCC frac with the quarter pie 50¢ chip and also the "$1.00" tri-moon (as opposed to the "$1$" version) chip. Not sure I'll ever be able to collect enough of these to be playable, but will gladly use them (in air-tites) as card cappers!

1650588581988.png

(Sorry the colors in this pic are so funky. The lighting in the room I'm in is crap.)

Last edited:

JqSu2pZ.jpg

h5KQHQE.jpg
Amazing story, Triston! Congrats to you! You've got grit, and that will take you as far as you want to go.

JqSu2pZ.jpg

h5KQHQE.jpg
Wow Triston!!!!!! congratulations man
Never give up !!!!

JqSu2pZ.jpg

h5KQHQE.jpg
Truly amazing!!

JqSu2pZ.jpg

h5KQHQE.jpg
Beautiful "Ben Book" brother, although that one is All Tristan! As someone who has lost basically all of my family other than my parents (one of them isn't doing so great either) I just want to say... "she knows and she's damn proud of you!!"

As I always say... "of course it's the chips, but PCF is something else, it's special. If you are not part of it... then you don't understand!"

Be proud you earned it brother and promise one day I will shake your hand and say congratulations IN person! remember "Success is a journey, not a destination!" Keep up the amazing work Tristan!

JqSu2pZ.jpg

h5KQHQE.jpg
1650591214318.gif

JqSu2pZ.jpg

h5KQHQE.jpg

Congrats, man!

Time to do your Ph.D.!

JqSu2pZ.jpg

h5KQHQE.jpg
mPIvoIJ.jpg

RQLQxHI.jpg

@Gear you, sir, are nuts. Okay, back to homework!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom