Things That Are Bullsh*t (8 Viewers)

Diet culture is f*cking bullsh*t.

I’m overweight, I know exactly why, and it’s entirely my own fault, but the stuff people try to shove down my throat to fix it that doesn’t contain “exercise” or “portion control” is garbage.
They gotta get money out of you somehow :(

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Everyone's a little b*tch once in awhile.

Other than keeping a site or group healthy and avoiding internet/structure/seo reprimanding, I'm not big on moderating adults that aren't causing uncivil discourse or physical harm. So I've never reported anything, but no huge issue with those that have.

People are going to report - it's on admin/moderation to determine how that's handled and utilized.

I would say that I do feel for the pain I've caused mods/admins in that I get reported regularly and they have to deal with nonsense, but then I feel no remorse because they've created the culture in which that's acceptable. If people are reporting nonsense constantly that shouldn't be reported, maybe give warnings and temp bans for that? As mods and admins, they condition their membership to behave how they desire.

The one thing I will say is I'm always surprised to not see more volunteers from the membership. You would think there'd be more mods and admins. Or like I mentioned recently in another thread, you'd think there'd be a Wiki or connected links/resources. The site is fantastic, but there's some definite low hanging fruit out there regarding non admin/mod functionality/resources. Will be interesting to see where the site/group has gotten to 10 years from now!
1724457393149.gif

I’m thinking a gardening forum would be right up his alley. :unsure:

Barrie’sShrubs.net……
View attachment 1377659
I fail to see the humor in continued needling of a host on the topic of a PCFer attending their house and amongst other things, destroying property.

I'm not the king and judge of humor though, so maybe it's hilarious?

I fail to see the humor in continued needling of a host on the topic of a PCFer attending their house and amongst other things, destroying property.

Thought you had me blocked? :unsure:Based on your avatar, seems like it’d still be a topic of discussion for you?

Last edited:

New idea…….

Barrie’sChoppers.net?
1724463401780.gif

My only issue with on moderation is they appear to only moderate based on social engineering, I.e. the little bit*hes running around who decide what to report.
I was a mod for several years during the heyday of 2+2, and while I cannot speak for PCF, this is pretty much how moderation had to work when I did it. It's impossible for volunteer mods to read and react to every single post on a moderately busy forum, so most moderation is triggered by post reports.

When a post gets reported, mods take into account TOS, moderation policy, context, the reporter (because yes, some people will report EVERYTHING), and then handle accordingly. You make it sound like it's a bad thing when users report a post and moderators respond to the report, but that's exactly the way the system is supposed to work.

Probably you and I just have a different understanding of what would constitute over-moderation.
When you have two guys who constantly and repeatedly derail threads with their bizzare long-distance love that dare not speak its name, I feel like if the mods stepped in and told those two chunkies to get a room, that would be an appropriate level of moderation.

But that is a good big bird song.

Probably you and I just have a different understanding of what would constitute over-moderation.
When you have two guys who constantly and repeatedly derail threads with their bizzare long-distance love that dare not speak its name, I feel like if the mods stepped in and told those two chunkies to get a room, that would be an appropriate level of moderation.

But that is a good big bird song.
Jesus. You just keep on whining about it ...

Meh. Blame @Schmendr1ck. I think I was done with it, but he tried to make it look like I was contradicting myself.
I'll just fucking go back to my sub forum. Just block me and him and you can live in fucking peace from us OFFENDING THE ENTIRE FORUM.

You can then talk about covid while people argue about politics. Then you can bitch about those people.

I'll just fucking go back to my sub forum. Just block me and him and you can live in fucking peace from us OFFENDING THE ENTIRE FORUM.

You can then talk about covid while people argue about politics. Then you can bitch about those people.
I think the derailing probably offends more people than you think (although 'offends' probably isn't the most accurate descriptor).

Food for thought or self-reflection.

I think the derailing probably offends more people than you think (although 'offends' probably isn't the most accurate descriptor).

Cool. I'll fuck off for you and him.

So much self reflection.

My only issue with on moderation is they appear to only moderate based on social engineering, I.e. the little bit*hes running around who decide what to report.

The derailing at this point is enough that it constantly plugs up the main page and notifications, and again is literally 3-5 people talking at eachother. You have multiple people complaining, lots of folks who used to engage with high quality stuff have fallen by the wayside and are now just on WhatsApp/group chats primarily, etc.

So it was worthwhile to moderate when people were reporting it, but not now when it has an actual large scale impact. To the point where they feel empowered to literally say - “mods don’t have a problem with it”.

So f*ck it I guess. Might as well have a bot that spits out nonsense on every 20th forum wide post, not against tos right?
Not so sure bitching about low quality content is gonna do much towards creating high quality content. Constant talking isn’t necessarily great communication.

Diet culture is f*cking bullsh*t.

I’m overweight, I know exactly why, and it’s entirely my own fault, but the stuff people try to shove down my throat to fix it that doesn’t contain “exercise” or “portion control” is garbage.
Whilst I agree with the premise that being overweight is ultimately the fault of the individual, living in a culture where consuming a day‘s worth of calories in a single sitting is normalized sure doesn’t help. That’s the real bullshit if you ask me.

Whilst I agree with the premise that being overweight is ultimately the fault of the individual, living in a culture where consuming a day‘s worth of calories in a single sitting is normalized sure doesn’t help. That’s the real bullshit if you ask me.
There does seem to be something regarding culture and foods. When we moved to France, we encountered the same story many Americans have.

We got to eat bread and butter and Chinese and pizzas and pretty much anything we wanted within reason while continually dropping weight.

The fact I don't have a working CNC mill right now is bullshit. Remembering how much I hate slowly shrimping over the drill press

Do you happen to have a good structure for a T1 based tournament for 20-30 people? I'm thinking 3-4 hours in length.

Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom