Things That Are Bullsh*t (14 Viewers)

$1000 for this thing. Good God. Looks like something out of a proctologist's office.

1723816714446.png

$1000 for this thing. Good God. Looks like something out of a proctologist's office.

View attachment 1373606
price notwithstanding, that actually looks kind of perfect for me!

I’m a man with many talents, but aitting in one position for an extended period of time is certainly not one of them! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I’m a man with many talents, but aitting in one position for an extended period of time is certainly not one of them! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Same - in fact I frequently sit cross-legged or a foot-up/foot-down position. $1000 though, and no backrest to prevent you from sliding backwards off the perch when shifting? Fuhgeddaboudit!

Same - in fact I frequently sit cross-legged or a foot-up/foot-down position. $1000 though, and no backrest to prevent you from sliding backwards off the perch when shifting? Fuhgeddaboudit!
Its the no backrest that gets me. My wonderful wife sits like a shrimp when at work and we're looking at different chairs, this one stood out. Just looks too much like something we'd use once or twice but then get tired of not leaning back. It would strengthen your back and core, but some days I don't feel like strengthening anything. We'll let you two know if it happens.

When I was a kid, we had a kneeling chair...
1723822141773.png

It was awful. Great to strengthen your core or improve your posture I guess, but eventually it went the same direction that standing desks today are no going - into the dumpster.

Pretending that you don't want to just slouch at some point in an 8 hour workday is bullshit.

View attachment 1373657

It was awful. Great to strengthen your core or improve your posture I guess, but eventually it went the same direction that standing desks today are no going - into the dumpster.

Pretending that you don't want to just slouch at some point in an 8 hour workday is bullshit.
My uncle had one of those - good for back pain apparently?

View attachment 1373657

Back in the days when I worked in a real office instead of at home, I had a standing desk, and I loved it. It had a lift, so it was also a sitting desk. But the option to raise it up for an hour or so a couple of times a day was wonderful! Also, on those occasions when my low back would slip out, standing most of the day is far more comfortable than sitting. At least for me. When I started working from home, I had planned on getting one, but time has flown and now I'm only a little over a year from retiring, so I probably won't get one now.

Had a much larger post written, but I'll just leave it at this:

I don't know which thing is bullsh*t.

Derailing - I don't think it's this, derailing is natural
Derailing constantly - Probably this
Toothless mods and admins on the topic of derailing, alongside the usual no one has any clue what moderation actually looks like - Probably this as well

1724433582946.png

Toothless mods and admins on the topic of derailing, alongside the usual no one has any clue what moderation actually looks like - Probably this as well

View attachment 1377513
Mods be like:

fast GIF

I see you complaining a lot about what this place is, and over at the other place. Maybe it's time for BarrieForum? I fully support it.

Mods be like:

fast GIF

I see you complaining a lot about what this place is, and over at the other place. Maybe it's time for BarrieForum? I fully support it.
I see you replying to me everywhere I am, even if you're not active in the threads where I post. Maybe it's time you pay me for all the d*ckriding? My bank account supports it.

View attachment 1377513
I’ve made it pretty clear how much I dislike the derailing. And I especially dislike it when somebody says they’re doing it because the conversation has run its course. Click unwatch, motherfucker! And yeah it would be nice if the mods cracked down on it - since it’s usually the usual suspects, a few temporary bans would probably resolve 90% of the derailing.

All that said, the reason I commented was actually to defend the moderation here. This site has been chugging along pretty well for over ten years. And I’ve watched a lot of those years pretty closely. They do a pretty good job. They certainly don’t over-moderate, but who the heck wants that? This isn’t the Disney family forum. I think they do a pretty good job of moderating here, with minimal interference.

But yeah, final thought:
IMG_1215.jpeg

I’ve made it pretty clear how much I dislike the derailing. And I especially dislike it when somebody says they’re doing it because the conversation has run its course. Click unwatch, motherfucker! And yeah it would be nice if the mods cracked down on it - since it’s usually the usual suspects, a few temporary bans would probably resolve 90% of the derailing.

All that said, the reason I commented was actually to defend the moderation here. This site has been chugging along pretty well for over ten years. And I’ve watched a lot of those years pretty closely. They do a pretty good job. They certainly don’t over-moderate, but who the heck wants that? This isn’t the Disney family forum. I think they do a pretty good job of moderating here, with minimal interference.

But yeah, final thought:
View attachment 1377575
My only issue with on moderation is they appear to only moderate based on social engineering, I.e. the little bit*hes running around who decide what to report.

The derailing at this point is enough that it constantly plugs up the main page and notifications, and again is literally 3-5 people talking at eachother. You have multiple people complaining, lots of folks who used to engage with high quality stuff have fallen by the wayside and are now just on WhatsApp/group chats primarily, etc.

So it was worthwhile to moderate when people were reporting it, but not now when it has an actual large scale impact. To the point where they feel empowered to literally say - “mods don’t have a problem with it”.

So f*ck it I guess. Might as well have a bot that spits out nonsense on every 20th forum wide post, not against tos right?

My only issue with on moderation is they appear to only moderate based on social engineering, I.e. the little bit*hes running around who decide what to report.

The derailing at this point is enough that it constantly plugs up the main page and notifications, and again is literally 3-5 people talking at eachother. You have multiple people complaining, lots of folks who used to engage with high quality stuff have fallen by the wayside and are now just on WhatsApp/group chats primarily, etc.

So it was worthwhile to moderate when people were reporting it, but not now when it has an actual large scale impact. To the point where they feel empowered to literally say - “mods don’t have a problem with it”.

So f*ck it I guess. Might as well have a bot that spits out nonsense on every 20th forum wide post, not against tos right?
Like I said, you’re preaching to the choir on derailing.

FWIW, I was a little bitch who reported the derailing on the Covid conversation - I suspect I was ignored, but I haven’t gone back to check. But hey, it’s somebody else’s website and I don’t pay to use it, so shrug.

Reported.

Like I said, you’re preaching to the choir on derailing.

FWIW, I was a little bitch who reported the derailing on the Covid conversation - I suspect I was ignored, but I haven’t gone back to check. But hey, it’s somebody else’s website and I don’t pay to use it, so shrug.
:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Everyone's a little b*tch once in awhile.

Other than keeping a site or group healthy and avoiding internet/structure/seo reprimanding, I'm not big on moderating adults that aren't causing uncivil discourse or physical harm. So I've never reported anything, but no huge issue with those that have.

People are going to report - it's on admin/moderation to determine how that's handled and utilized.

I would say that I do feel for the pain I've caused mods/admins in that I get reported regularly and they have to deal with nonsense, but then I feel no remorse because they've created the culture in which that's acceptable. If people are reporting nonsense constantly that shouldn't be reported, maybe give warnings and temp bans for that? As mods and admins, they condition their membership to behave how they desire.

The one thing I will say is I'm always surprised to not see more volunteers from the membership. You would think there'd be more mods and admins. Or like I mentioned recently in another thread, you'd think there'd be a Wiki or connected links/resources. The site is fantastic, but there's some definite low hanging fruit out there regarding non admin/mod functionality/resources. Will be interesting to see where the site/group has gotten to 10 years from now!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom