Things That Are Bullsh*t (8 Viewers)

So I had to drop out because I couldn't afford any more schooling, and they have the audacity to ask for more?

College is broken.

tenor.gif

The hosts on a podcast I listen to are complaining because UofM is giving season ticket holders a hard sell to convert their season ticket payment into a donation.

So I had to drop out because I couldn't afford any more schooling, and they have the audacity to ask for more?

College is broken.

I like mike rowe’s take. His quote: “we are loaning money we don’t have to people that will never be able to pay it back to learn skills that society doesn’t value”

Calling an Uber after having too much to drink, telling him to pull over. (Damn shots got the best of me). He obliged, and then pulled off with my bag of goodies in it. Fricken abandoned me
Uhh...you have the plate number from the app when you requested the ride, right?

File a police report and state that they left you (not cool) and drove off with your stuff.

Calling an Uber after having too much to drink, telling him to pull over. (Damn shots got the best of me). He obliged, and then pulled off with my bag of goodies in it. Fricken abandoned me
That's not cool! What the heck is wrong with people!

But he puked outside the car? And then said driver stole his stuff!
I'm not saying the Uber driver was right... I'm just saying he got a potential puker out of his car... I *understand* why he'd take off. I doubt he was trying to take his stuff, but if it was between a 1-star rating and cleaning someone else's puke out of my own car, I'd at least consider taking off.

Turns out I left my goodies at my buddies place. Oops.

This is awesome.

I'm not saying the Uber driver was right... I'm just saying he got a potential puker out of his car... I *understand* why he'd take off. I doubt he was trying to take his stuff, but if it was between a 1-star rating and cleaning someone else's puke out of my own car, I'd at least consider taking off.

This is awesome.
And leaving someone on the side of the road? What if they *wrong word brain fart* aspirate* their puke?

Correct me if I'm wrong, Mark, but I assume @krafticus sensed the warning signs...he's a professional after all, and this isn't the first time he's been over-served. If he was coherent enough to recognize that, I assume he was able to get out of the car and was upright as he let things cool down --- and his Uber drove off. Gagging on your own puke usually occurs when you are passed out and prone.

Its bullshit that he drove off with Mark's stuff (even if it was only worth $3). Its bullshit that he drove off and left Mark stranded. I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying I understand his motivations (including that he's a shitty Uber driver and needs to find a different profession). I've seen a cab driver get signed in to a dorm after midnight and go up and down the halls looking for the six guys who scattered out of the back seat without paying and the one guy that puked all over the backseat. Scratch that. I heard about it the next morning.

He should've made sure Mark wasn't going to puke, told him he'd pull over as often as necessary and made sure to get him to his destination. But instead, he took the easy way out, as so many do today.

I was over served, but coherent for sure. Enough that I gave my driver plenty of warning to pull over, and he politely obliged. I was out for 2-3 minutes, and would have tipped graciously, as I always do. I’ve got a 4.93 Uber rating after all. I was 5 miles from home too, and ended up getting a ride home.

beer before liquor, never sicker. I was fine before I ended up taking those 2 huge shots of Jamison after drinking a few beers (we started at 2, and drank 2 beers per brewery). This was 10 pm and brewery #4. Sounds like a lot, but it was spaced out... before Mojo declares me a raging alcoholic..

while i was drunk, I wasn’t sloppy. It was just the shots didn’t sit that well after That

Last edited:
That's exactly it... He could've made sure you weren't gonna puke in his car and tell you he's stop as often as necessary... And that kinda extra attention is worth a good tip.

Glad you made it home.

- Animal Cruelty.
- McDonald's that don't serve all day breakfast.
- Smoking (and companies that make money off of it).
- People who drive slow in the fast lane.
- How tax money is spend (Denmark focus).
- Bad beats

Had the cats for 3 days. Of course the rescue doesn't separate sick from healthy, so to the pet hospital we went. Couple hundred bucks, don't worry about it, give em these meds, upper respiratory, they'll be fine.

Another couple days later, now one's sneezing blood everywhere. Back to the vet we go. Might as well have grabbed another bulldog if we were gonna start up the vet bills.....

Had the cats for 3 days. Of course the rescue doesn't separate sick from healthy, so to the pet hospital we went. Couple hundred bucks, don't worry about it, give em these meds, upper respiratory, they'll be fine.

Another couple days later, now one's sneezing blood everywhere. Back to the vet we go. Might as well have grabbed another bulldog if we were gonna start up the vet bills.....
Jeff,
Have you looked over your shoulder to see if a storm cloud of sorts may be following you? :nailbite:Sorry to hear the latest news my friend, crazy shit!

Jeff,
Have you looked over your shoulder to see if a storm cloud of sorts may be following you? :nailbite:Sorry to hear the latest news my friend, crazy shit!
Lol there's good stuff too! Ummm.....the kids met a new friend at the park. And....we got our passes to go swimming today.

I didn't even mention the AC guy is here today repairing and it looks like we'll have to sue the previous owners in small claims court :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Lol there's good stuff too! Ummm.....the kids met a new friend at the park. And....we got our passes to go swimming today.

I didn't even mention the AC guy is here today repairing and it looks like we'll have to sue the previous owners in small claims court :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
You could be a good candidate for a reality tv show if things keep going at this rate. :wow:

You could be a good candidate for a reality tv show if things keep going at this rate. :wow:
If I get robbed at my poker game and my daughter breaks her arm falling from the swing set, I'm blaming you!

edit: most of the bad experiences have come from us either making a poor decision (moving without checking the area well enough) or humans sucking (theft, laziness, cheapness, etc.). Hoping that since we're at the tail end of being forced to make blind decisions, the bad run stops.

That being said, we have to choose somewhere to send our kids for learnin without ever seeing it or stepping foot in it (no tours or anything with Covid). Hoping that doesn't go poorly.

If I get robbed at my poker game and my daughter breaks her arm falling from the swing set, I'm blaming you!

edit: most of the bad experiences have come from us either making a poor decision (moving without checking the area well enough) or humans sucking (theft, laziness, cheapness, etc.). Hoping that since we're at the tail end of being forced to make blind decisions, the bad run stops.

That being said, we have to choose somewhere to send our kids for learnin without ever seeing it or stepping foot in it (no tours or anything with Covid). Hoping that doesn't go poorly.
Well best wishes and luck going forward. The cat sneezing blood just blew me away, couldn’t even imagine. We have a couple rescue cats as well. The one we named Hazel was an absolute mess when my girlfriend brought her home.
We had to quarantine her for 3 months to get rid of the flees and ringworm she had, was a nightmare.
Going to miss seeing you in New Mexico but Florida isn’t too far away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom