Thoughts on this Transaction (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotus777

Full House
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
I will keep the user's name confidential for privacy, but I would appreciate some input on this matter. Let's call him player 1.

Player 1 reaches out to me regarding a portion of my sale thread, a couple of racks that would ultimately break my set up.

I offer a trade to player 1 and he states the items have sold, okay, i leave it alone.

A week goes by, and player 1 reaches out again asking to purchase the chips in question. I give him a price and the user rejects so i offer a trade again since i understand he's saving up money. Mind you, i don't care too much about breaking up my set. We exchange a few back-and-forth offers and then player 1 gives me a sob story about how he's trying to downsize and my set would fit perfectly.

I give in as this will help him out, so I accept an offer. (I even tossed in some free chips that i made him aware about)

We exchange info and tracking numbers, i drop off my package. Cool, everything is fine.

Pretty much two days after everything was confirmed and my package was dropped off at USPS, he messages me that he needs to back out of the trade because "he doesn't think it's fair" and that "he's stressed out" and "doesn't know what to do".

I notify player 1 that my package is already with USPS and that i have already broken up my set which i took a loss on for breaking it up for him (true story).

I told player 1, whatever man, really sucks i went through all that and you want to back out of a deal i made "Specifically for you".

Player 1 acknowledged that he saw my post get taken down and set was split up, he "felt bad". I don't believe it.

Player 1 offers to give $20 back on the deal, because he feels bad, great, that pays for my shipping to him?

Finally, my chips arrived at player 1's house, now he's demanding that i send him the money back first or he will hold my chips hostage. Wow

First off, he never sent his chips as part of the bargain, he's acting irrationally, and selling everything. Why would I trust him?

Player 1 owes me $450 worth in chips, I'm holding onto barely anything ($130) in cash, and he has my chips that i traded ($720 in value)

TLDR: Player 1 is holding my chips hostage until payment is sent, even though I haven't received my end of the bargain.

SITEasdasddd get GIF

I was initially thinking, "Oh this is easy, you make them pay the shipping and never do business with them again. Naming/shaming and/or negative feedback at your discretion".

Finally, my chips arrived at player 1's house, now he's demanding that i send him the money back first or he will hold my chips hostage.
But then I read this. They are the unreliable member, not you. I have always said, "there are always two sides to a story", so I typically without any judgement until I hear from the other party. As stated, however, this is cut and dry. I'd personally name them if they have refused two offers at them sending back the chips and money as an "amicable" solution.

Edit - :cool

Last edited:
I was initially thinking, "Oh this is easy, you make them pay the shipping and never do business with them again. Naming/shaming and/or negative feedback at your discretion".

But then I read this. They are the unreliable member, not you. I have always said, "there are always two sides to a story", so I typically without any judgement until I hear from the other party. As stated, however, this is cut and dry. I'd personally name them if they have refused two offers at them sending back the chips and money as an "amicable" solution.

Edit - Well that took an entire ten seconds of digging, tops :LOL: :laugh:.
It really is cut and dry, i almost quoted our exchanges in PM, which i won't share out of privacy.

I would gladly send money back to any other reputable user, but player 1 has been dumping and crying about IRL stuff, i just don't feel comfortable until my chips or the "traded" chips are in my hand.

I have notified player 1 that i would not send payment back until i get one of the two items, he's read the message and has ghosted me so far..

Offer to have a 3rd party receive $130 from you in escrow and then return the $ to player 1 once the chips are received back from player 1. It should be on player 1 to pay return shipping but there shouldn’t be any reason for him to believe you’re not going to refund his $…

Offer to have a 3rd party receive $130 from you in escrow and then return the $ to player 1 once the chips are received back from player 1. It should be on player 1 to pay return shipping but there shouldn’t be any reason for him to believe you’re not going to refund his $…
Definitely should be on player 1 to pay for shipping...

I will keep the user's name confidential for privacy, but I would appreciate some input on this matter. Let's call him player 1.
1) I think I speak for many people here when I say I'd like to know who this person is just so I never entertain the notion of transacting with them.

2) What 'input' are you looking for specifically? I don't really see any questions in your post.

It sounds like you got scammed. Many scams start with a sob story. Sorry pal - hope everything works out for you.

I love this idea of an arbitrator kinda escrow person.

Shitty situation, sorry to hear all this :/ he’s definitely in the wrong and needs to ship back these chips asap.

1) I think I speak for many people here when I say I'd like to know who this person is just so I never entertain the notion of transacting with them.

2) What 'input' are you looking for specifically? I don't really see any questions in your post.

It sounds like you got scammed. Many scams start with a sob story. Sorry pal - hope everything works out for you.
2)

Should i trust player 1 to send money back first. Who's in the wrong?

And to go back to the situation. We work on trust here. If someone ships the chips and the other cancels, they should ship back immediately and then receive the refund. The individual who cancels should be the one who holds the risk, but if we are all adults and are doing it from the right place, there is no risk. Just get everything reset and move along.

Ok, I'll fess up. It's me.

Times have been very tough recently. I had to sell my entire card collection and downsize my chip collection to pay for medical bills because I stubbed my toe on the corner of my bedframe and it's financially ruined me. I was hoping to keep some chips to remind me of the happier days but I felt absolute heartbreak at the broken set......just like my toe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom