Thoughts on this Transaction (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously anything is possible, but I just had two great interactions with @VMR911 both buying and selling in the past two weeks, and he never stepped outta line at all…again, anything can happen, and he’s been pretty vocal about his rough patch, but I’m thinking/hoping it’s not him…

Ok, I'll fess up. It's me.

Times have been very tough recently. I had to sell my entire card collection and downsize my chip collection to pay for medical bills because I stubbed my toe on the corner of my bedframe and it's financially ruined me. I was hoping to keep some chips to remind me of the happier days but I felt absolute heartbreak at the broken set......just like my toe.

aww shucks, sorry to hear! I set up a gofundme for your stubbed toe. keep your chippies and cards!

Ok, I'll fess up. It's me.

Times have been very tough recently. I had to sell my entire card collection and downsize my chip collection to pay for medical bills because I stubbed my toe on the corner of my bedframe and it's financially ruined me. I was hoping to keep some chips to remind me of the happier days but I felt absolute heartbreak at the broken set......just like my toe.

I’m no attorney but it sounds like this person could be in seriously deep trouble if this is in fact a scam and I’m assuming you have the persons real name/address - mail fraud, theft, etc. and the onus is on him to make this right and come up with a solution asap.

Obviously anything is possible, but I just had two great interactions with @VMR911 both buying and selling in the past two weeks, and he never stepped outta line at all…again, anything can happen, and he’s been pretty vocal about his rough patch, but I’m thinking/hoping it’s not him…
I want to clarify, I’m only saying this in response to @VMR911 ’s name being called out above. (For anyone who didn’t read the whole thread, or if it gets edited in the future)

First of all, don’t send him any money until you receive the chips.

I will probably wait a few days more hoping the other guy will send up the chips before naming him to the public.

If things remain the same or worse after a few more days, the chances u get your chips back is remotely low, you should name him out in the hope that someone who know him personally or live near his area can help you out.

Good thing is you got the guy addresss and we got PCFer all over US who might be willing to help you knock his door for you

EDITED! (And will do so until I hit bullseye)

Imma start the fire…
Fire Coming In Hot GIF by Sony Pictures

@VMR911
Classy move

How is this a hard decision? Send back the chips and then get your money back.

One of the two parties has to take the risk of being first. The buyer who broke the original deal is the one with the least trust and should be working to remedying the situation.

Yes, it does stink. Someone with bills derived from a medical emergency seems like a poor candidate to be acquiring chips. No way I would be sending him money without chips in hand first. You have to worry that his foot is going to hurt and thus he is delayed in getting the chips to the post office, "Next week for sure"

I am not saying the injuries or bills are fake. I am saying the buyer is on the hook to make things right. The seller has good reasons not to offer more concessions. Just in case the deal goes even worse -=- DrStrange

First of all, don’t send him any money until you receive the chips.

I will probably wait a few days more hoping the other guy will send up the chips before naming him to the public.

If things remain the same or worse after a few more days, the chances u get your chips back is remotely low, you should name him out in the hope that someone who know him personally or live near his area can help you out.

Good thing is you got the guy addresss and we got PCFer all over US who might be willing to help you knock his door for you

I need to start selling pitchforks again....
Ooo… For the wall of the Godfather Club.

Dibs

2)

Should i trust player 1 to send money back first. Who's in the wrong?
The OP isn't super clear on what the agreed upon transaction actually was.

So you agreed to send them chips in exchange for what exactly? Cash and chips? Just chips?

I'm confused about the money part.

All in all, it sounds like you had an agreement and you shipped first as an act of good faith? And while the package was in transit the other party verbally backed out only to receive the package and now he's refusing to send them back to you or hold up their end of the deal?

That's basically fraud. If I were in your position, I wouldn't send them ANYTHING more and I'd be looking at legal options.
I will keep the user's name confidential for privacy
You don't owe this person privacy... and if they value their reputation at all they need to make you whole ASAP.

The OP isn't super clear on what the agreed upon transaction actually was.

So you agreed to send them chips in exchange for what exactly? Cash and chips? Just chips?

I'm confused about the money part.

All in all, it sounds like you had an agreement and you shipped first as an act of good faith? And while the package was in transit the other party verbally backed out only to receive the package and now he's refusing to send them back to you or hold up their end of the deal?

That's basically fraud. If I were in your position, I wouldn't send them ANYTHING more and I'd be looking at legal options.

You don't owe this person privacy... and if they value their reputation at all they need to make you whole ASAP.
I guess you're right. Yes it was cash and chips on his end

We agreed on a trade plus cash on one end. Rack of X chips + $150 for my ~3 racks of chips.

I shipped out first because we had an agreement and we both exchanged tracking numbers, addresses, money was sent etc..

"And while the package was in transit the other party verbally backed out only to receive the package and now he's refusing to send them back to you or hold up their end of the deal?" Correct

I know, I'm not sending anything. I was honestly surprised he asked for the money first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom