Too late to submit my last set of customs to HOF? (5 Viewers)

Mark,

I respect you and everything you are saying.

I guess if we could just admire the chips and be done I would keep my mouth shut.

There are parties on all sides that have trolled and prodded. All sides fucked up and now we’ve lost the participation of some great chippers (even if some of them have pissed me off something fierce).

My goal here is to put an end to the mudslinging, the trolling and sometimes bullying, and the hurt. I want to preserve the community that two years ago was kick ass.

For my part, I apologize for stirring the pot here. But if history is any indication, the speculation about where these chips come from is laced with “egg” and leads to rifts.

I really appreciate this approach, as I completely agree with the bad impact all the secrets and bad mouthing can have, as we saw from last years "not a GB" (not sure what to call it).

I look forward to hearing the story, but more than that I look forward to admiring the rest of the chips once more pictures are posted! I'm sure there are some stunning chips out there ready for a photo shoot.

I for one don't understand why anyone would oppose full disclosure of anything.... the damage is already done to the community from the first secret GB, I doubt this one causes the same amount of strife. Obviously this thread was created to stir the pot though.

Hopefully some of these will hit the market

As long as the story includes the part where Bergs used a once in a liftetime opportunity to put a photo of his dog on a custom Paulson inlay... it’ll be well worth it.

Because no Hollywood screenwriter could make up that sh*t. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Hey, a Zelda inlay would be outstanding. Just saying.

As long as the story includes the part where Bergs used a once in a liftetime opportunity to put a photo of his dog on a custom Paulson inlay... it’ll be well worth it.

Because no Hollywood screenwriter could make up that sh*t. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

You seem to know everything already, why so mad that banned people aren't "spilling the goods"

Mark,

I respect you and everything you are saying.

I guess if we could just admire the chips and be done I would keep my mouth shut.

There are parties on all sides that have trolled and prodded. All sides fucked up and now we’ve lost the participation of some great chippers (even if some of them have pissed me off something fierce).

My goal here is to put an end to the mudslinging, the trolling and sometimes bullying, and the hurt. I want to preserve the community that two years ago was kick ass.

For my part, I apologize for stirring the pot here. But if history is any indication, the speculation about where these chips come from is laced with “egg” and leads to rifts.
Totally understand. Honestly, I’m not aware of any trolling, so I apologize there. I do agree, many people that used to contribute, both good and otherwise, aren’t here.

Let’s just get the mass production sets pr0n going already! Happy for the guys with their own set but who cares. What do the rest of us get out of all this drama? Lol.

Outsider's take here: if I was in on a super-duper exclusive group buy/private venture for the one thing that anyone with a love of poker chips wants -- fully custom Paulsons --- and I wanted to reveal that to chip fanatics in a positive way, I wouldn't have made an ambiguous post with a teaser photo. But that's what we have here, and we're left to draw our own conclusions. The first conclusion is that this was meant to incite a certain reaction.

I am absolutely jealous, but in a "damn, I wish I could've gotten some too" way not a "I'm going to burn the world down," way. There's nothing wrong with that. Again, the part I don't particularly enjoy is the showboating. (Or, at least that what is seems like so far with just a few teaser pics and a lot of obfuscation.)

I would've done it this way: "Hey guys, I have some amazing news: I was fortunate enough to be apart of an incredible heist, so to speak, but before I get into any of the details, look at these beauties!!!

c8a47281-ce84-461a-b3e3-811e9d29d47c-jpeg.237583

Beats me. You just seem grumpy. And I just hope you’re ok.

I appreciate your fake concern, but I'm fine lol. FYI im sensing (maybe incorrectly but probably not) an us vs. them mentality in this thread (at least by some people). If you'll give me the courtesy to go off on a tangent, I think thats a very dangerous thing that we are seeing more of in all walks of life these days. We're all on this Earth together, whether we like it or not, and I'd be willing to wager we have more things in common than we realize.

Outsider's take here: if I was in on a super-duper exclusive group buy/private venture for the one thing that anyone with a love of poker chips wants -- fully custom Paulsons --- and I wanted to reveal that to chip fanatics in a positive way, I wouldn't have made an ambiguous post with a teaser photo. But that's what we have here, and we're left to draw our own conclusions. The first conclusion is that this was meant to incite a certain reaction.

I am absolutely jealous, but in a "damn, I wish I could've gotten some too" way not a "I'm going to burn the world down," way. There's nothing wrong with that. Again, the part I don't particularly enjoy is the showboating. (Or, at least that what is seems like so far with just a few teaser pics and a lot of obfuscation.)

I would've done it this way: "Hey guys, I have some amazing news: I was fortunate enough to be apart of an incredible heist, so to speak, but before I get into any of the details, look at these beauties!!!

Love your prose, James... brings back memories!

Exactly this 100 percent. It's like a flick off mic drop kick in the nuts on the way out the door imo. The way they were "announced" feels like a screw you.

I am glad he showed that picture of all the chip denoms .... what else do we need to see? I am totally ripping off some of those colors for a clay or plastic set

besides the licence problem, what is the requirement to get one of these types of things rolling? minimum $ investment? asking for a friend...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom