Video Games? (3 Viewers)

Just finished playing and 100% Metroid Dread. Man that game was awesome. As a fan of the series I'm glad that it is selling good and is actually up for Game of the Year. Now here's hoping it doesn't take another 10+ years for a game to come out.

Anyone remember Syphon Filter? I would love a new age version for the PS5. (I am old fwiw)

That said my kid got me into Disco Elysium, pretty sick if you don't mind reading your game (which I do not, see above). Great writing imo

Just finished playing and 100% Metroid Dread. Man that game was awesome. As a fan of the series I'm glad that it is selling good and is actually up for Game of the Year. Now here's hoping it doesn't take another 10+ years for a game to come out.
I just want the prime series to finally come out on switch. Tired of waiting and don't want to play it on emulator.

So now that my 6yo is finally getting into video games, on Switch we've bought Smash Bros. Ultimate, rebought Dragon Quest 11 (already beat it in PS4), Minecraft, and Luigi's Mansion (for Christmas). If only he could keep his good behavior up to play it as much as he wants.

Though, it did get me to finally finish Breath of the Wild. Which I now think is the best Zelda of all time. 2nd being Link to the Past, and 3rd being Ocarina. Though Ocarina has not aged well IMO.

I just want the prime series to finally come out on switch. Tired of waiting and don't want to play it on emulator.
You are in luck.
Though, it did get me to finally finish Breath of the Wild. Which I now think is the best Zelda of all time. 2nd being Link to the Past, and 3rd being Ocarina. Though Ocarina has not aged well IMO.
Ocarina has been showing its age for quite some time now, as well as Majora's Mask. They both can use a remaster.

If you scroll down it says that Prime 1 remaster will be first, then using that foundation they will recreate Prime 2 and 3. Which means that Prime 4 will be released way down the time line.
I was just saying that the whole trilogy isn't coming all at once.

Just discovered a FPS from 2003 on GOG.com : XIII
I don't even know the comic book but this game seems fantastics and have aged well.

Finally been able to enjoy Hades for this last month on PS5, and I can't put it down!

No other games on my horizon in the near future except for:

I've been addicted to Hades since the day it hit Xbox game pass... I only have 2 prophecies left to fill, post Epilogue, 100 runs in. Never played a roguelite before or cared about 100% completion/Platinum. This game is the tits.

I don't even have a main yet, I still just pick the darkness/gem bonus weapon and experiment with builds. So much fun. I have fists up to 16 Heat and no other weapon below 8 so far.

I've been addicted to Hades since the day it hit Xbox game pass... I only have 2 prophecies left to fill, post Epilogue, 100 runs in. Never played a roguelite before or cared about 100% completion/Platinum. This game is the tits.

I don't even have a main yet, I still just pick the darkness/gem bonus weapon and experiment with builds. So much fun. I have fists up to 16 Heat and no other weapon below 8 so far.

All the weapons are great in their own way. I've done Bow up to 20 heat, Rail to 17, and Sword to 16 (I love Excalibur). Hades is a game that I can keep coming back to for just a few runs and that speaks volumes even after I got the Platinum trophy.

Anyone playing D2R? I've slowed down but I was playing pretty non-stop for the first 1.5 months or so after release.

I will probably pick back up again in earnest once the Ladder season starts.

Wow this thread is a trip down memory lane. I picked up Dead by Daylight free on Epic a while back and have been having a blast. Fun game.

Anyone playing DayZ? (on PC)
I played it some about 6-7 years ago when it was a beta from another game, I don’t remember what was. It wasn’t even really a beta, it was like alphabetless. Me and my son had to disable all kinds of security and install a crap ton of suss software mods, pretty much threw that computer away when we were finished playing that game. It was buggy back then, and of course hacked to shit because of all the disabled security but hopefully it’s stable now. It was fun, occasionally some hacks would get in and start transporting people in cars into the ocean or spawning people in front of their machine gun setups. But when it was clear of all that crap it was pretty cool I thought - for the times. I was still playing Tribes back then.

What’s your opinion?

I played it some about 6-7 years ago when it was a beta from another game, I don’t remember what was. It wasn’t even really a beta, it was like alphabetless. Me and my son had to disable all kinds of security and install a crap ton of suss software mods, pretty much threw that computer away when we were finished playing that game. It was buggy back then, and of course hacked to shit because of all the disabled security but hopefully it’s stable now. It was fun, occasionally some hacks would get in and start transporting people in cars into the ocean or spawning people in front of their machine gun setups. But when it was clear of all that crap it was pretty cool I thought - for the times. I was still playing Tribes back then.

What’s your opinion?
i think he has like 3k hours. i heard dayZ was buggy af back in like 2015 when it was in alpha.

i think he has like 3k hours. i heard dayZ was buggy af back in like 2015 when it was in alpha.
Yeah, that’s when it would have been. They took the base from another game at the time and modified it for DayZ. You had to go into your bios and change a bunch of stuff, and like I mentioned above, bypass or deactivate a bunch of core pc stuff and install unknown mods. It wasn’t something you did with your normal use office or home computer because it was suspect as hell - rightly so. But it was fun to do that stuff and it was fun to play.

Also curious how dayZ has been developed since it's crazy buggy alpha days. I played a bit back then as well, and it had some great potential. What's the verdict now?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom