Video Games? (1 Viewer)

It's more of the same. If it's the single player FPS angle you are mostly looking for, I recommend Prodeus, Wrath Aeon of Ruin, Dusk, and Amid Evil.
BTW, Wrath can be run on a potato. It uses the Quake 1 engine. I can run it in 1080p 60hz on my Ryzen 4500u w/ integrated Vega 6.

My god Wasteland 3 is an absolute fricken blast!

I'm still fairly early into it so don't want to give too much away, but there's a few things that I've just gotta share. To give perspective, Wasteland was the game that Fallout took it's inspiration from.

This isn't some Bethesda crap with no soul though, this game has interesting characters, great voiced dialogue and a fun combat system similar to the Xcom games, in a post-apocalyptic world.

Anyway, a few of the funny things I wanted to share:

There's a "Bizzare" (Bazaar) that houses Chick Flix which puts on sexy shows and the lady running the joint wants you to locate old movie footage that they can use to create new sex movies. So you locate the old reels and when you bring them back she has you assist in picking the main character, setting and title, based on images you can see on some of the film that is partially damaged.

CHOOSING MAIN CHARACTER FOR THE FILM:

We see... a man running from a boulder. he has a hat. And a whip (Indiana Jones obv)

We see.....two cops. one older, with a mustache, the other with a glorious mullet (Lethal Weapon obv)

We see...a barefoot man in a tanktop, sneaking through an office building (Die Hard obv)

CHOOSING A LOCATION

A car racing down a road, lightning strikes, and the car accelerates to ludicrous speed! (Back to the Future)

There's a wooden ship...a pirate ship? Hidden in a cavern, holding treasure! (Goonies)

This looks like some kind of military flight academy? (Top Gun)

TITLE OF MOVIE

Romancing The Bone

Fuckloose

Goat Thrusters

What's even more funny is that after I selected the options later in the game I came across a poster of "Fuckloose" but it had the Lethal Weapons guys on it despite my picking Die Hard as the main character.

Another funny part now is that I've encountered The Gippers, a group who worships their God-President........Ronald Reagan. An AI version of Reagan that hates commies (USA USA USA!) and has a face and voice on screen that will remind you of Max Headrom from back in the day.

The building their housed in has a number of Reagan portraits hung up, including him riding a dinosaur, and there's a giant Reagan statue that shoots lasers out of it's eyes as well.

reagan1.png
reagan2.jpg
reagan3.jpg

Anyway, I can't recommend this game enough. I've been sick since last Wednesday and it's kept me thoroughly entertained. If you're looking for a well-made, well-written post-apocalyptic RPG with turn-based combat, pick this baby up! Steam had it on Summer Sale for $30 when I snagged it, I think the sale is still going.

A great buy on Steam right now IMO is the Shadowrun trilogy (or save a little and buy the games separately, skipping the soundtracks and artbooks). Very atmospheric, cyberpunk meets D&D style CRPG with also turn based combat. Pretty dialogue driven so lots of reading required, and while Shadowrun has a bit of a learning curve, in the end the combat is not super challenging once you know what you’re doing so just pick the hardest difficulty from the start. ;)

A great buy on Steam right now IMO is the Shadowrun trilogy (or save a little and buy the games separately, skipping the soundtracks and artbooks). Very atmospheric, cyberpunk meets D&D style CRPG with also turn based combat. Pretty dialogue driven so lots of reading required, and while Shadowrun has a bit of a learning curve, in the end the combat is not super challenging once you know what you’re doing so just pick the hardest difficulty from the start. ;)

I just got it for free on GOG a couple days ago. All I had to do was sign up for their newsletter.

In this Steam sale, I finally pulled the trigger on Dishonored 2. I really enjoyed (but sadly never finished) the first one. $11.99 seems like a steal.

My god Wasteland 3 is an absolute fricken blast!

I'm still fairly early into it so don't want to give too much away, but there's a few things that I've just gotta share. To give perspective, Wasteland was the game that Fallout took it's inspiration from.

This isn't some Bethesda crap with no soul though, this game has interesting characters, great voiced dialogue and a fun combat system similar to the Xcom games, in a post-apocalyptic world.

Anyway, a few of the funny things I wanted to share:

There's a "Bizzare" (Bazaar) that houses Chick Flix which puts on sexy shows and the lady running the joint wants you to locate old movie footage that they can use to create new sex movies. So you locate the old reels and when you bring them back she has you assist in picking the main character, setting and title, based on images you can see on some of the film that is partially damaged.

CHOOSING MAIN CHARACTER FOR THE FILM:

We see... a man running from a boulder. he has a hat. And a whip (Indiana Jones obv)

We see.....two cops. one older, with a mustache, the other with a glorious mullet (Lethal Weapon obv)

We see...a barefoot man in a tanktop, sneaking through an office building (Die Hard obv)

CHOOSING A LOCATION

A car racing down a road, lightning strikes, and the car accelerates to ludicrous speed! (Back to the Future)

There's a wooden ship...a pirate ship? Hidden in a cavern, holding treasure! (Goonies)

This looks like some kind of military flight academy? (Top Gun)

TITLE OF MOVIE

Romancing The Bone

Fuckloose

Goat Thrusters

What's even more funny is that after I selected the options later in the game I came across a poster of "Fuckloose" but it had the Lethal Weapons guys on it despite my picking Die Hard as the main character.

Another funny part now is that I've encountered The Gippers, a group who worships their God-President........Ronald Reagan. An AI version of Reagan that hates commies (USA USA USA!) and has a face and voice on screen that will remind you of Max Headrom from back in the day.

The building their housed in has a number of Reagan portraits hung up, including him riding a dinosaur, and there's a giant Reagan statue that shoots lasers out of it's eyes as well.

View attachment 728650View attachment 728651View attachment 728652

Anyway, I can't recommend this game enough. I've been sick since last Wednesday and it's kept me thoroughly entertained. If you're looking for a well-made, well-written post-apocalyptic RPG with turn-based combat, pick this baby up! Steam had it on Summer Sale for $30 when I snagged it, I think the sale is still going.

Ya know, I kickstarted Wasteland 2 way back in the day and when it finally came out I just could not get into it. I should give it another go...

I just got it for free on GOG a couple days ago. All I had to do was sign up for their newsletter.

In this Steam sale, I finally pulled the trigger on Dishonored 2. I really enjoyed (but sadly never finished) the first one. $11.99 seems like a steal.
Dishonored on PC was a great game, I really liked it. I myself still have to play the sequel and Death of the Outsider. I have a tendency to get games and then not play them for 3 or 4 years lol. Finally started play Rise of the Tomb Raider a couple weeks ago :)

Ya know, I kickstarted Wasteland 2 way back in the day and when it finally came out I just could not get into it. I should give it another go...

I tried Wasteland 2 as well and couldn't deal with the realtime with pause combat

Wasteland 3 fixes this, and has been a lot of fun with great characters and dialogue

Yeah the Wasteland series has always been turn based.

The original Wasteland was/is my favorite game ever. Has not stood the test of time although it struck me as totally original and unique when I played it on release(1988 I think?)

PS5 Gamer here. Back playing game systems. I had stopped for awhile.

Mostly playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare and NBA2K21. Used to be a huge Madden player but gave it up.

PS5 has reminded me that my gaming and my productivity are inversely related. Lol

Dishonored on PC was a great game, I really liked it. I myself still have to play the sequel and Death of the Outsider. I have a tendency to get games and then not play them for 3 or 4 years lol. Finally started play Rise of the Tomb Raider a couple weeks ago :)
Rise of the tomb raider is amazing!!! Play it. It took me a long time too complete it but the atmosphere and gameplay is really fun. I'm currently playing Metro Exodus and I still need to finish Fallout 4.

Playing on PC btw

Rise of the tomb raider is amazing!!! Play it. It took me a long time too complete it but the atmosphere and gameplay is really fun. I'm currently playing Metro Exodus and I still need to finish Fallout 4.

Playing on PC btw
I'm halfway complete with Tomb Raider. Been my favorite series since the first game on PS and I've played them all :) Metro I and II are both great, I've yet to play the last one.

I'm currently grinding through SotTR. Great game so far, although I wish my graphics card would hold up a bit better, especially since there is no way in hell to buy a new one right now, LOL.

Also I think I'll go for 100% on the game, and even start a New Game+, but only get the new outfits + skills in New Game+ and shut it down there, so I can move on to Doom Eternal Deluxe Edition. I played the first new Doom and it was a blast!

I'm currently grinding through SotTR. Great game so far, although I wish my graphics card would hold up a bit better, especially since there is no way in hell to buy a new one right now, LOL.

Also I think I'll go for 100% on the game, and even start a New Game+, but only get the new outfits + skills in New Game+ and shut it down there, so I can move on to Doom Eternal Deluxe Edition. I played the first new Doom and it was a blast!
Both games are great, also try DLSS setting in game, maybe your graphics card will be happier to oblige.

I have a EVGA RTX 2070 super XC Ultra so I am still ok but would like to get 3080 if it ever appears again lol.

Game I am waiting on is The Day Before, hopefully it holds up to its expectations.

I'm currently playing this games as well, I started it immediately after playing Rise of the Tomb Raider. I always try and play these games to 100%, most games actually. I'm still rocking a 1080ti and both games run great with max settings on my 1080p TV. If I play on my 1440p monitor that's when we hop on the struggle bus. What card are you using?

Finally been able to enjoy Hades for this last month on PS5, and I can't put it down!

No other games on my horizon in the near future except for:

I'm currently playing this games as well, I started it immediately after playing Rise of the Tomb Raider. I always try and play these games to 100%, most games actually. I'm still rocking a 1080ti and both games run great with max settings on my 1080p TV. If I play on my 1440p monitor that's when we hop on the struggle bus. What card are you using?
I'm running a GTX 980 with a 165 Hz, 1440p monitor. I've got things pretty good at around 40-60 FPS right now, but a lot of settings are turned down. Fully playable but I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of the great graphics available in this game.

I'm running a GTX 980 with a 165 Hz, 1440p monitor. I've got things pretty good at around 40-60 FPS right now, but a lot of settings are turned down. Fully playable but I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of the great graphics available in this game.
Ok, yup, that explains it. I wouldn't worry about the graphics too much, honestly. IMO, it's a marginal improvement for a lot of them. As long as you can hover around that sweet spot of 60fps, that's more important. I have no plans to upgrade my GPU in the next year or two, prices are just too insane.

Oh boy, if you guys are 100 percenting SotTR, you’ll love the “Deadly Obsession” difficulty…..

Oh boy, if you guys are 100 percenting SotTR, you’ll love the “Deadly Obsession” difficulty…..
Yeah, NOT fucking with that, LOL. I just meant a 100% save file. "Collect all the things", not "beat all the modes".

I'm too old for that sadistic stuff. :) A lot of my (smarter) friends don't even bother with 100%ing collectibles, and give me crap about that. I enjoy it. But I'm not sick enough to do things like DO mode, LOL.

Horizon Zero Dawn was a free game a month th or two ago, and a PS5 update was just pushed through this month. I’ve played a couple of hours, and I like it so far.

It seems to be a massive game, but with a lot of menus and explanations for how things work.

Valheim patch on Thursday. Gonna give it a whirl

Aw yiss.

1632794852119.png

I was a little over-cautious and extremely prepared for my first (and only) fight with the Ender Dragon. There was one scary moment when I took a couple hits and then nearly got killed for looking at an enderman while I was trying to heal up. Otherwise it was a lot less scary than I thought it was going to be.

I still have some exploring and building I want to do, but I want to start putting a little time into something else - maybe Hades. I've heard good things, and I think I'm ready to jump from a "try to never die" game to a "die early, die often" game.

I got Tyrrany free awhile back in the Epic store, just started it today.

It's a bit clunky interface-wise, but has pretty solid reviews on choices and story.

This should tide me over until Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous goes on sale

Who’s in New World right now? 10k+ queues. Servers are on fire….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom