Video Games? (1 Viewer)

Finally been able to enjoy Hades for this last month on PS5, and I can't put it down!

No other games on my horizon in the near future except for:

this is by far my most anticipated game, possibly of all time. have you already played the demon's souls remaster?

this is by far my most anticipated game, possibly of all time. have you already played the demon's souls remaster?
If I could get a freaking PS5, Demons Souls remake is first on my list. I bought a PS3 for the original after seeing it and playing it at a friend's.

If I could get a freaking PS5, Demons Souls remake is first on my list. I bought a PS3 for the original after seeing it and playing it at a friend's.
It's awesome. My over 40 year old self felt a huge sense of accomplishment when I beat it.

1632842703894.jpeg

I just don't have as much time to devote to longer games with work and 2 young kids. Last long game I played all the way through was Dragon Quest 11. I got about half way through the FF7 remake and decided it was pretty much trash.

Games like Hades were good because i could play in small chunks. I'm a big fan of roguelites anyway.

I just don't have as much time to devote to longer games with work and 2 young kids. Last long game I played all the way through was Dragon Quest 11. I got about half way through the FF7 remake and decided it was pretty much trash.

Games like Hades were good because i could play in small chunks. I'm a big fan of roguelites anyway.
How young are your young kids? Mine are 6 & 8 and have some game recommendations you can play together if you are interested.

It's awesome. My over 40 year old self felt a huge sense of accomplishment when I beat it.

View attachment 785521
It's weird to think we are sort of the first generation that's going to have been playing videogames are whole lives. My dad couldn't beat me in a game if he tried when I was 6. Now I'm like, "Son, eat my dust in Mario Kart."

How young are your young kids? Mine are 6 & 8 and have some game recommendations you can play together if you are interested.
Oh, my oldest (almost 6, and I'm 40) has been playing the hell out of Lego Jurassic World. Ive co-oped with him a bit in it. But like me, he tends to be a loner playing video games. So he only wants me to help when he can't do something or is having trouble.

He's already been asking for Smash Bros and Minecraft since he played them a bit at his after school program. As a gamer, I'm proud since he showed no interest in video games until now. As a Dad, I'm like "fuck."

Oh, my oldest (almost 6, and I'm 40) has been playing the hell out of Lego Jurassic World. Ive co-oped with him a bit in it. But like me, he tends to be a loner playing video games. So he only wants me to help when he can't do something or is having trouble.

He's already been asking for Smash Bros and Minecraft since he played them a bit at his after school program. As a gamer, I'm proud since he showed no interest in video games until now. As a Dad, I'm like "fuck."
Minecraft is a good mix of social/individual. Hell of a lot better than Roblox - throw that crappy shit off a cliff please.

For ps5 (4, technically) check out "Moving Out" and the Overcooked Games - good family coop fun.

Dang skippy, I was stupid stupid STUPID lucky getting my PS5. I went on Walmart's website the night before the pre-orders were supposed to go live and I could add the PS5 to my cart! I got a disc console, extra controller, and Demon's Souls in my cart and punched my credit card in so fast!

Demon's Souls for the PS5 looks and feels great. I haven't gone back to get the Platinum trophy yet though. Maybe I will someday still.

Returnal is another to play. It's balls to the wall tough at first. Once you get used to the combat (offense is the best defense, until you're 0.01 seconds away from getting hit) you're flying through encounters seamlessly, like you're a death dealing ballerina.

Ditto. Demon's Souls was a good length, but my biggest fear about Elden Ring is that it's going to be too much for me to get through, as another 40+ year old gamer with 2 young kids. But I'm willing to try!

Dang skippy, I was stupid stupid STUPID lucky getting my PS5. I went on Walmart's website the night before the pre-orders were supposed to go live and I could add the PS5 to my cart! I got a disc console, extra controller, and Demon's Souls in my cart and punched my credit card in so fast!

Demon's Souls for the PS5 looks and feels great. I haven't gone back to get the Platinum trophy yet though. Maybe I will someday still.

Returnal is another to play. It's balls to the wall tough at first. Once you get used to the combat (offense is the best defense, until you're 0.01 seconds away from getting hit) you're flying through encounters seamlessly, like you're a death dealing ballerina.

I got lucky with my PS5 too, was able to snag one direct from Sony by trying at the right time.

Ditto. Demon's Souls was a good length, but my biggest fear about Elden Ring is that it's going to be too much for me to get through, as another 40+ year old gamer with 2 young kids. But I'm willing to try!

That's the absolute beautiful thing about single player games. You're not competing (aside from possible invasions) with anyone. You can play at your own pace and when you can find the time.

I've long given up trying to play games competitively online. Last one I tried to succeed at was Overwatch. You get absolutely steamrolled, stuck in ELO hell, only because you've got a career and a mortgage. Them 12 - 18 year old players sure don't though!

That's the absolute beautiful thing about single player games. You're not competing (aside from possible invasions) with anyone. You can play at your own pace and when you can find the time.

I've long given up trying to play games competitively online. Last one I tried to succeed at was Overwatch. You get absolutely steamrolled, stuck in ELO hell, only because you've got a career and a mortgage. Them 12 - 18 year old players sure don't though!
The problem with longer games for me is that playing them in short sessions is unsatisfying. And the sometimes long periods between sessions make me not want to go back since I'm out of the flow.

Edit: didn't mean to @ Anthony. Was left over from something I was going to write earlier then never did.

Last edited:
@Anthony Martino

The problem with longer games for me is that playing them in short sessions is unsatisfying. And the sometimes long periods between sessions make me not want to go back since I'm out of the flow.

Very fair point. Your knowledge and skills in a game can atrophy, especially if the game itself has a high difficulty / skill ceiling. That's just how pursuits in life go.

Same here. I got quite good at Titanfall 2, and that's the last one I was decent at. I'm probably still pretty good, but hackers ruined the servers. I will definitely pick up Titanfall 3 if that ever happens.

@Legend5555 My oldest is seven and she’s a gamer. We play the obvious Nintendo titles (Kart, Smash, Party), but she’s also into some PS games. Overcooked was a free game for PS5 this month. Great coop play with her. Lego games are fun, too. Both my kids also like the new Sackboy game, and is two player cooperative if you have an extra dual sense. Game looks great, and I enjoy it as well. The music is really fantastic.

I was lucky to get my PS5 at launch from Nebraska Furniture Mart. People don’t think of that as a place for electronics, so it wasn’t too bad.

I would be down for playing with peeps. Exclusively on PC myself and play allsorts. Not much of a strategy fan but patiently waiting for the new battlefield right now.

Usually play alot of horrors aslong as they are multiplayer, thats when things get fun. Sad times that friday the 13th shut its servers down, could spend endless hours being a shithouse on that game pmsl.

Dont mind the casual game like rocket league and FIFA also even Fall guys being the rage inducing game that it is still has me clocking countless hours. Dont mind arma and used to be PUBG and the likes

Minecraft is a good mix of social/individual. Hell of a lot better than Roblox - throw that crappy shit off a cliff please.
My youngest loves Roblox, and for her it is 100% social.

As a game, I agree that it largely sucks. But as an online social platform for pre-teens, I think it's pretty decent.

[...]
Dont mind the casual game like rocket league...
Rocket League as casual!? Hah! This game is so freakin' hardcore and may just be the best competitve game out there. There are effectively no cheats, and skill range is IMMENSE.

Unfortunately for me, the game's addictive hook is too strong. I've had to uninstall it (several times). That said, it'll still have a special place in my heart for all time. It's like the heroin junky who's cleaned up but still recognizes that there is just nothing like it out there....

Rocket League as casual!? Hah! This game is so freakin' hardcore and may just be the best competitve game out there. There are effectively no cheats, and skill range is IMMENSE.

Unfortunately for me, the game's addictive hook is too strong. I've had to uninstall it (several times). That said, it'll still have a special place in my heart for all time. It's like the heroin junky who's cleaned up but still recognizes that there is just nothing like it out there....
Hahaha you have never had a drunken rage at fall guys then

i got to champ 1 in rocket league i play keyboard and mouse

i got to champ 1 in rocket league i play keyboard and mouse
Dude, keyboard and mouse!? You need to switch over to a controller ASAP! You're gimping yourself with K&M in RL.

When I was playing I was C2ish, like high C1/low C2. Early in the current season. C2 in 3s, C1 in 2s but usually I'm C2 in 2s so I think if I was playing I could grind back there.

i tried controller its alright, i like dribbling on kbm but i know controller is defo better. i have like 600 hours on kbm. i dont play much anymore

That does look pretty sick! What's the difficulty curve going to be on this bad boy? I might be too old for this...LOL.

the difficulty curve might be quite high, depending on your prior experience with FromSoftware games. if you aren't experienced with them, just start with an older one to get a feel, the original Dark Souls is a good entry and holds up astoundingly well today, the level design is still unsurpassed in my opinion. their games are tough, and there is no easy mode, but eventually it clicks. even then though, you still are going to want to break a controller sometimes, because you get punished SO bad for mistakes.

and not sure how old you think too old is, but i will be 45 when this game comes out.

Last edited:
Just started another playthrough of RDR2. Even with the commitment I know is coming, its still outstanding. The good news is that I can skip all the cutscenes. I don't know why I'm doing this when I have Last of Us 2 sitting on my console and I haven't played that yet.

New world. 400+ hours in. It’s a lot of fun.

Any Pokemon fans playing Shining Pearl?

Trying to do some Legendary swaps and finish my Dex.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom