What’s you’re golf handicap? (1 Viewer)

Haven’t swung a club in 6 weeks, playing this little known place tomorrow….. expecting it to be one of the most miserable, yet amazing days of my life :rolleyes:

846CDF4E-29F5-4189-8B04-DD9EE9DC86D3.jpeg

Another note I really wish I realized the error on this post LOL! You’re an idiot sir

What if…. On your last round you drink too much vodka and have to quit by hole 12? How do you factor that in?

My knee jerk response to the original question is "none of your f*kin business"
Once I've calmed down a bit I'd say "It's double digits, let's leave it at that shall we"

Last two rounds - 89 and 98... unfortunately, the second score is closer to my norm

Anyone have a recommendation for a good GPS golf app? Looking for one that will provide yardages to hazards, etc., and has simple scoring requirements.

Anyone have a recommendation for a good GPS golf app? Looking for one that will provide yardages to hazards, etc., and has simple scoring requirements.
I got a laser distance finder. It vibrates when it locks onto the flag, or a tree. It works great and makes the game faster. I couldn't imagine playing without it.

https://golfshot.com/

My buddy was using this when we last played. He had this synced up to his Apple Watch and it looked like it was it was easy to input shots and measure distance.

I use Golf Pad. The free version is pretty good on its own, but the upgrade is only $20/year and includes more stats and elevation changes.

EDIT: Can easily see yardages to hazards by tapping on the overhead map. Scoring is as easy as clicking your next shot (but you can add more details if you want such as the lie, for example). If you purchase the Golf Tags that go along with the app (I don't have them), it's as easy as tapping the Tag on your club to your phone in your pocket and then just hitting away.

Thanks for the suggestions all on the apps. I love the idea of using the features to track all of your shots, but that requires you to remember to tap the phone before each shot, etc. With the simple free app I use now (SwingU), I can't typically even remember to enter the score each hole, never mind enter even more information! I will look at all of the suggestions more to see which I think fits my dumb brain best.

I saw that the USGA GHIN app has added a GPS feature. Has anyone tried that?

Thanks for the suggestions all on the apps. I love the idea of using the features to track all of your shots, but that requires you to remember to tap the phone before each shot, etc. With the simple free app I use now (SwingU), I can't typically even remember to enter the score each hole, never mind enter even more information! I will look at all of the suggestions more to see which I think fits my dumb brain best.

The good thing about the laser is that you get to put your phone away.....

It's not too bad. The UI is a touch clunky in places but gets the job done just fine IMHO.

Some photos of the clubhouse that opened this week. Lovely but still can’t justify £17 for a club sandwich.

They’re hosting the women’s open next year and the Scottish open soon. The pro was telling me that they’re bidding for the British masters and hope to get the Open in the next few years.

6D340DF4-3396-4A6E-B054-EB29A511C64F.jpeg
FD7508E9-C452-430A-B9AE-B836451CB4A8.jpeg
DE75847D-1405-4506-A6FB-834EA6271BD8.jpeg

I use MyRoundPro by Taylormade. Free. Works on my watch. Can put your phone away.

I tried almost all the above named apps this year except Golflogix. This was my favorite.

Most others were glitchy for me. Would lose gps connection, crash, need reboots etc.

This one never had a single problem.
I installed it on my Samsung Watch, and can put my phone away in my bag for the entire round.

Instantly gives you distance on your watch (no delays), easily enter your score walking to the next hole.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom