What’s you’re golf handicap? (2 Viewers)

About to find out... first time on the tee in about two years...

B466711C-8D72-42FE-8D50-461279379E8E.jpeg

I use MyRoundPro by Taylormade. Free. Works on my watch. Can put your phone away.

I tried almost all the above named apps this year except Golflogix. This was my favorite.

Most others were glitchy for me. Would lose gps connection, crash, need reboots etc.

This one never had a single problem.
I installed it on my Samsung Watch, and can put my phone away in my bag for the entire round.

Instantly gives you distance on your watch (no delays), easily enter your score walking to the next hole.
I decided to get the golf tags that go along with the golf pad app. I won't be able to try them out for a few months however since I'm in Ontario and it is winter for about a million more months.

As newbies who took full memberships this year, the wife and I both also used Arccos since we bought sets that came with all the sensors for free and it came with 3 months trial.

Pros:
-gives you remaining distance
-records distance of every shot automatically
-uses those distances to recommend a club for each shot thereafter. Takes the guesswork out of choosing a club and remembering distances for newbies.

Cons:
-once in a while misses a shot or putt
-costs like $120 US/yr and we only get 6 months of golf.

If they had monthly option or 6 month option we'd probably both still be using it.

We didn't care all that much for all the data it gave us. It's overwhelming.

But the wife may try it again next year simply for the distance and club selection.

I'm over the hill now, but back when I was still a "flat-belly" I played to a HC of around 8. These days its more like 15.

Red

Up by St. Andrews playing what everyone says us the best golf course in Scotland, Kingsbarns.

Interesting facts about Kingsbarns.
One of the greens is 80 yards long.
You can see the sea from every tee.
I played like a cow swinging a banjo.
91DF573F-D87B-4833-8D2B-C2F5051DBDAB.jpeg
BD262E85-2625-4F61-857F-1692081C5B1A.jpeg
AB3BD598-A10C-40D4-9AEA-C7C9B271939F.jpeg
C9C295D6-5DC3-4E48-85CE-D56ECE9FDC42.jpeg
92D900AC-3A90-4380-B655-2BF9AB582C3A.jpeg
9DBB734F-2AEB-4DF2-9E38-BD892ACD8ECB.jpeg
F16E453E-71AB-4D3D-8C79-CE25DCEB615A.jpeg

Rain, hailstones and a hurricane so just your average Scottish weather :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Off to play the newest links course Dumbarnie tomorrow.

An 80 yard green?!?!
That could dent my putter.

I guess I should try to not be 40 yards wide in the approach.

Beautiful!
Looks quite narrow.

When do they plant the trees? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Trees don’t grow on links land. It’s pretty infertile and has short grass all of which led someone to decide to hit a ball along it with a stick hundreds of years ago.

You’d think it would be easier without any trees but the wind is something else. As was the horizontal rain and the hailstones :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Man, this thread is really making me want to get out there. Unfortunately, its lacrosse season. Coaching two teams means I am booked through early June.

Man, this thread is really making me want to get out there. Unfortunately, its lacrosse season. Coaching two teams means I am booked through early June.
Played lax most of my young life. Btw, u can collect custom lax sticks just like poker chips…..
EE80C64C-AC4F-4079-A0CD-7A308CB94FE5.jpeg
257E1BBF-1195-4B6F-AD24-B703C63B138B.jpeg
B2DE7861-6EB4-4804-A78D-576DF51458C5.jpeg

Beauties! The shooters setup on the top 3 are all illegal now. Everything has to be within 4" of the top of the stick.
Yeah, I know but my playing days are over so it does not matter. Hahaha. Just the bounce back for me now. The ravens head I had custom made and strung for my brother in law as a birthday gift. He played for UMBC.

Man, I can still pop in ear buds and spend an hour on the wall. I can't get any of my players to pick their stick up unless we're at practice.
Kids today…… if they can’t do it on their phones they are not interested.

Kids today…… if they can’t do it on their phones they are not interested.
Don't even get me started. I coached high school basketball a few years ago and didn't have a single practice or game that the whole team attended the entire season. Who tries out for a sports team and skips the games!? F**king kids.

I play comfortably at about a 12 handicap. Think I’m going to upgrade my wedges this week n give the clubs a bath.

21.8 playing 2x month. Recently did a full bag fitting. I’m hoping it pays off a bit but I’m a skeptic by nature. Time will tell!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom