What video games are you playing? (3 Viewers)

Been playing the Metaphor ReFantazio demo and it's just pure turn-based JRPG goodness. Happily put down the money on a pre-order for when it releases in a couple weeks.

Oh and Balatro. Sweet sweet Balatro. Have 4 decks (Green, Yellow, Checkerboard, and Plasma) beaten on Gold Stake now!

About the only thing I play anymore is this game and I’m pretty sure I’m the only person on earth playing it, lol.

IMG_5024.jpeg

Been playing the Metaphor ReFantazio demo and it's just pure turn-based JRPG goodness. Happily put down the money on a pre-order for when it releases in a couple weeks.

Oh and Balatro. Sweet sweet Balatro. Have 4 decks (Green, Yellow, Checkerboard, and Plasma) beaten on Gold Stake now!
Metaphor's combat system looks like it's basically Persona. Am I wrong? It's the same publisher, so that's not surprising.

I miss having time for JRPGs. I have two young kids in sports and my free time going to poker. And I can't stand playing a big RPG only an hour at a time. I need multiple hours per session to be able to keep up with it. I managed to almost finish FF7 Rebirth. But I got to the 2nd to last chapter and then life for in the way and now I just can't go back to it.

Metaphor's combat system looks like it's basically Persona. Am I wrong? It's the same publisher, so that's not surprising.

I miss having time for JRPGs. I have two young kids in sports and my free time going to poker. And I can't stand playing a big RPG only an hour at a time. I need multiple hours per session to be able to keep up with it. I managed to almost finish FF7 Rebirth. But I got to the 2nd to last chapter and then life for in the way and now I just can't go back to it.

A lot of similarities between Metaphor and Persona's combat for sure. It's going to be a lot more streamlined since you don't have to acquire / combine captured foes to acquire new skills and stat boosts. You pick a job class, level it, and can inherit any learned skill to mix and match with other classes.

Outside combat is also familiar. You have time for an afternoon activity and an evening activity every day. Level up your royal virtues (social skills), spend time with allies to gain new job classes eventually. It's a tried and true formula and the developer certainly didn't re-invent the wheel.

English voice acting is top notch as well.

Any good mobile games you enjoy?

If a gamepad is an option for you, SNK released some very good NeoGeo games on Android. To name a few :
- King of Fighters series
- Metal Slug series
- Samurai Shodown series
- Fatal Fury series

Konami also released what I think is the best Castlevania game of the series : Symphony of the Night.

If a gamepad is an option for you, SNK released some very good NeoGeo games on Android. To name a few :
- King of Fighters series
- Metal Slug series
- Samurai Shodown series
- Fatal Fury series

Konami also released what I think is the best Castlevania game of the series : Symphony of the Night.

Thanks!! Just downloaded some of these!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom