What video games are you playing? (1 Viewer)

Pretty excited about Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree DLC coming out this month. Anyone jumping back into it?

Pretty excited about Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree DLC coming out this month. Anyone jumping back into it?

i loaded up my save file yesterday to see what level i was at for the DLC, and couldn't even remember how to fast travel lol. but yes, i am definitely going to jump back in. fromsoft has won my complete trust (for soulslikes anyway - i did not enjoy armored core at all).

Have you played Metroid Dread yet?

funny, i just sold it on here. i gave it a good go, but it felt too linear and i absolutely hated the chase sequences. i also found the aiming controls to be way too clunky. i think i've come to realize i vastly prefer a melee metroidvania to a shooter.

right now i am still working my way through grime, which has turned out to be an awesome mashup of both genres i mentioned above. i am already looking forward to the sequel.

Last edited:
So still on an Ironman playthrough in Crusader Kings 3 that began in 867. Was playing as Sardinia and going "tall" for most of the early game.

Then branched out and started conquering, forming the Empire of Italia, then the Holy Roman Empire and just recently managed to secure the final territories needed to:

1. Reform the Roman Empire
2. End the great Schism between Catholic and Orthodox
3. Almost wipe out Catholicism and replace with Orthodox

Have about 150 in-game years remaining but my most recent leader is going to make it difficult for his heir to live up to the legacy he's leaving behind.

religion.png
rome.png

Attention Puzzle Gamers

Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

You're welcome.
I’m so swamped with work and have a bunch of games I’m currently playing.
And yet I got Lorelei after reading the reviews. Looks like my style of game for sure.

So still on an Ironman playthrough in Crusader Kings 3 that began in 867. Was playing as Sardinia and going "tall" for most of the early game.

Then branched out and started conquering, forming the Empire of Italia, then the Holy Roman Empire and just recently managed to secure the final territories needed to:

1. Reform the Roman Empire
2. End the great Schism between Catholic and Orthodox
3. Almost wipe out Catholicism and replace with Orthodox

Have about 150 in-game years remaining but my most recent leader is going to make it difficult for his heir to live up to the legacy he's leaving behind.

View attachment 1340567View attachment 1340568

Envisioning you wearing a stars and stripes toga now as you continue your conquest.

Haven't had much time to play but these next games are on my queue:

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
Resident Evil 4 remake
Dead Space remake
Lol such a beautiful, typical response: no I don't have the endless time I had as a kid, BUT all these games that were amazing decades ago are back and I will eventually carve out time to enjoy them again!

Haven't had much time to play but these next games are on my queue:

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
Resident Evil 4 remake
Dead Space remake
If you've never played Resident Evil 4, just be ready for the difficulty.

I've been playing planet zoo console edition! It's so in depth and time consuming if you get into building. My wife plays it too and uses lots of blueprints and her zoos do 10x better than mine

Elden Ring's DLC has been amazing. The scenery is gorgeous, lots of new enemies to engage with, and the difficulty has been cranked up to 11.

Elden Ring's DLC has been amazing. The scenery is gorgeous, lots of new enemies to engage with, and the difficulty has been cranked up to 11.

It was absolutely kicking my ass, then I beat the first legacy dungeon boss on my first attempt, then it went right back to kicking my ass.

It was absolutely kicking my ass, then I beat the first legacy dungeon boss on my first attempt, then it went right back to kicking my ass.

I've carved through the main parts of the DLC now, and unlocked the final legacy dungeon last night. The fight against
Messmer
is absolutely bonkers and took me around 20 attempts to finally win.

I don't know whether it's the build I chose to bring to the DLC, but the Scadutree Fragments don't offer much damage mitigation I find. Even if you stack 60 Vigor, along with a Great Rune, AND add defensive talismans on top of that, you're pretty much in a damage race with almost every boss. You can't improve your survivability when a boss' attacks are going to destroy you in 2 - 4 hits anyway. I find it's better to focus on your offense because improving your damage is the literal difference in winning a fight or losing when a boss has <10% health left themselves.

around 20 attempts to finally win

honestly, i am historically terrible at boss fights, my average number for a boss i am properly leveled for is still probably like 30+. i was shocked to get that first one on the first try, something just clicked. then it was right back to normal. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I don't know whether it's the build I chose to bring to the DLC

a couple of my friends re-speced after a bit, but i am stubbornly holding onto the DEX/ARC rivers of blood build that i completed the base game with. i am a creature of habit.

Well, I got to the end of the final legacy dungeon and got absolutely bodied by the final boss.

I only have 11 Scadutree Blessings and apparently they max at 20, so the game is telling you to max those out or suffer. Though I still don't know how much of a difference they'd actually make against the final boss.

Anyone else find themselves only playing old games at this point? Guild Wars 1, Starcraft Brood War, any games on Dolphin emulator or earlier consoles. Just finished replaying SSX Tricky. GTA V is a newer game I recently replayed but apparently 11 years have passed since its release (still a 10/10 game).

I will say Baldur's Gate 3 and FF7 Remake were exceptional.

Well, I got to the end of the final legacy dungeon and got absolutely bodied by the final boss.

I only have 11 Scadutree Blessings and apparently they max at 20, so the game is telling you to max those out or suffer. Though I still don't know how much of a difference they'd actually make against the final boss.

so did you ever get it done? i had to take a forced break due to work travel, so i'm far behind.

so did you ever get it done? i had to take a forced break due to work travel, so i'm far behind.

I've come close, but the final boss is absolutely relentless. I haven't gone looking for more scadutree fragments to boost my blessing up, so I may have to do that before trying in earnest again.

I'm at 18 scadutree blessings and i'm still getting bodies. Just found out I missed the gold rope thing to enhance by holy resistance so that should help with phase 2. Debating on if i want to make a cheese build to finish him, or just continue with my current one. Kinda regretting starting expansion on NG+4 haha.

Installed BG3 Tuesday night and already have 8.6 hours in.

This wasn't much back in my pre-kids era of gaming, but nowadays that's more time than I usually game in a full week.
Definitely a time-suck of all time xD Enjoy while you're there; it's an amazing game. I did a second run-through the moment the first one ended. Don't remember another RPG where I've done that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom