Windwalker’s Chipping Journey in Pr0n0grAph1C Detail (17 Viewers)

Spent a couple of hours pulling together all my CDI ‘98 purchases into a consolidated set and sorting through quality / condition, and took a picture of the racks. Short on $1s, but this set could make for a great $25/$50 NHL game.

0C26750D-8D44-4185-9A31-1413194D871A.jpeg

Spent a couple of hours pulling together all my CDI ‘98 purchases into a consolidated set and sorting through quality / condition, and took a picture of the racks. Short on $1s, but this set could make for a great $25/$50 NHL game.

View attachment 698727
Nice...
yeah, you don't need any $1s... send them my way ;)

Just my opinion, but given that the first three chips are all 3D14 and the fourth is 3TA316, I think the last two should also be 3TA316 to make it so that you have an equal amount of each type of spot.

Greg, this was an excellent suggestion. Here is my final lineup, thanks to all who provided input. :)

453F19AB-83F5-44D4-BC7C-6D79E35B0E11.jpeg

DAC8AB82-D242-41A9-A252-7C613EBD97A8.jpeg
6FDC3E80-E8CC-441D-8B9D-C97AF7C74268.jpeg
27AF33D9-1FE3-42B0-8B2C-4649ED2B768D.jpeg

the only problem I see with that choice of $500 is that it has 4 colours where as the the $100 and $1k has 3 colours.
Yep, it would have been perfect had the middle color been sandwiched between the same color spots. Have not yet found a 3ta chip that does that, is leaded, available in decent quantity, and has a reasonable color base for a $500.

Yep, it would have been perfect had the middle color been sandwiched between the same color spots. Have not yet found a 3ta chip that does that, is leaded, available in decent quantity, and has a reasonable color base for a $500.
To the chipguide!

Maybe a $500 chip isnt required? No rule that says you have to have them in a set.

the only problem I see with that choice of $500 is that it has 4 colours where as the the $100 and $1k has 3 colours.
Nope. One of the browns is cafe au lait, the other is coffee with cream. ;)

To the chipguide!

Maybe a $500 chip isnt required? No rule that says you have to have them in a set.

David, I think your idea was a great one. I Photoshopped in an inlay replacement for full effect, and I love it. Not having the common fantasy CDI / VLV / FLV purple chip makes the lineup a lot more unique as well. Thanks!

CDA47372-B6E2-4BF1-9E74-3A13F7178A18.jpeg

David, I think your idea was a great one. I Photoshopped in an inlay replacement for full effect, and I love it. Not having the common fantasy CDI / VLV / FLV purple chip makes the lineup a lot more unique as well. Thanks!

View attachment 699742
How many hundreds do you have? I like this line up a lot. We usually play 10/20 with only 10s and 100s over here, and it works great, but I've noticed that there needs to be quite a few 10s in the game for it to go smoothly (a dedicated dealer to help making change also makes a lot of difference).

How many hundreds do you have? I like this line up a lot. We usually play 10/20 with only 10s and 100s over here, and it works great, but I've noticed that there needs to be quite a few 10s in the game for it to go smoothly (a dedicated dealer to help making change also makes a lot of difference).
3 racks. I need a couple more racks of $25s

View attachment 698727
This is actually not a bad breakdown if you ever want to have a craps game at your house. You'd need a few more 1s, but not that many and you'd be golden.

View attachment 699742
This looks the best by far. Really nice colors and progression but the 5x/5x/4x/10x jump seems off. I've always thought the 5x jump to 500 and then a 2x jump to 2000 was strange but that's what they do.

Either way, really nice development.

Is the table topper super heavy or just awkward to do yourself?

I wanted to do a family shot of all my Nevada Lodge / Nevada club chips, but realized I can’t really take the table topper off by myself, so the kitchen counter is going to have to do.

The count is now 4020, parched for @pacmartine to help me fill that one lonely rack of a single barrel of $1ks. :cry:

View attachment 700651

I wanted to do a family shot of all my Nevada Lodge / Nevada club chips, but realized I can’t really take the table topper off by myself, so the kitchen counter is going to have to do.

The count is now 4020, parched for @pacmartine to help me fill that one lonely rack of a single barrel of $1ks. :cry:

View attachment 700651
Awesome collection!

Just curious, is your goal here to amass as many of these chips as you can? Or do you plan to run multiple tables so that these will see use? I had an urge once to build many of my sets much larger than I needed to, but I didn’t so that others could enjoy building their own.

I’m genuinely not insinuating anything by this question, I am just curious what your goals are with such a massive set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom