Windwalker’s Chipping Journey in Pr0n0grAph1C Detail (9 Viewers)

Bounties.
Came with a set of bounty chips tho.

97E3D14C-03B8-4BA0-B40C-6B8B209C0BA1.jpeg

Ahhhh, good to know. Didn’t realize that. The bounty chips must have been added after.
Back in the old days, we didn't have all the ceramic and fancy options. The games kinda changed with all the options now. I wouldn't be shocked when that set ran, that was the reasoning at that time. Then once proper bounties appear, they take over. It was before my time at CT.

A fun part of my editing process has been trying to figure out whether to use minty racks in mixed sets, because certain denominations in the set are known to be complete bike tires, and incongruous with the condition of the nicer ones.

For the HPs, I’ve been unable to find $1s and $5s in great condition, but I like the set enough that I’ve decided to try and create my own denoms as replacements with conditions that match. Unfortunately, there aren’t a lot of great, available $1 and $5 candidates for a 3d14 set, if I wanted to stay leaded. This is my current thought since I have the chips in quantity to add to my existing HP set.

FEE5651B-FC18-4EC8-AF32-1634F18BD008.jpeg

FYI -- these are Photoshop renderings below, for testing - not actually murdered chips.

810BE578-973F-4891-AFBF-95044A3E45AB.jpeg

Last edited:
A fun part of my editing process has been trying to figure out whether to use minty racks in mixed sets, because certain denominations in the set are known to be complete bike tires, and incongruous with the condition of the nicer ones.

For the HPs, I’ve been unable to find $1s and $5s in great condition, but I like the set enough that I’ve decided to try and create my own denoms as replacements with conditions that match. Unfortunately, there aren’t a lot of great, available $1 and $5 candidates for a 3d14 set, if I wanted to stay leaded. This is my current thought since I have the chips in quantity to add to my existing HP set.

View attachment 701896

FYI -- these are Photoshop renderings below, for testing - not actually murdered chips.

View attachment 701897
These look nice Krish, really like the $1 and $20 combo here

View attachment 701896

View attachment 701897

This was my plan for the CBC $10 as well, and I think it works perfectly here.

For the $5, why not the SB? The condition matches the rest of the chips, and the colours are very close to the original HP chip.

This was my plan for the CBC $10 as well, and I think it works perfectly here.

For the $5, why not the SB? The condition matches the rest of the chips, and the colours are very close to the original HP chip.
Leaded vs unleaded. Not sure it makes a material difference (haha), but the novice chipper in me feels like I want it to be of the same ilk. Thoughts?

Leaded vs unleaded. Not sure it makes a material difference (haha), but the novice chipper in me feels like I want it to be of the same ilk. Thoughts?

Having the SBs next to the CBCs and HPs, shuffling them lightly, I honestly could not tell the difference in weight.

A difference in condition, on the other hand, would tilt me, because of the clear difference in feel. The yellows in your photo don’t appear to be in the same condition as the rest?

Having the SBs next to the CBCs and HPs, shuffling them lightly, I honestly could not tell the difference in weight.

A difference in condition, on the other hand, would tilt me, because of the clear difference in feel. The yellows in your photo don’t appear to be in the same condition as the rest?
I have a couple of racks that are mint. But I do have way more of the SBs. Hmm.

These and the TRK rounders were the best group buys ever. Followed closely by the kings crown hotstamp group buy. Glory days.
I had a very nice tourney set of TRK rounders (with factory dust when I got them)...very nice chips but I prefer the HOF BCC chips every day of the week.
Mapes, trops and the like are a different TRK animal imho.

Artwork of the DW chips is indeed very awsome

View attachment 701896

View attachment 701897
Dem 10s.... Yes.

I am sure there is a good reason for not doing it, but CPC needs to start making 43 mm small crown and B mold molds. If they did I would would have at least 3 custom sets already.
I am a HUGE fan of 43 mm hi denomination chips!

I am sure there is a good reason for not doing it, but CPC needs to start making 43 mm small crown and B mold molds. If they did I would would have at least 3 custom sets already.
Yeah, I get the a-mold is really popular, but it does absolutely nothing for me, and really limits the 43mm options.

It would cost about $50k to have the molds made, and the spot choices on CPC’s 44mm chips are very limited. They would be cool, but because of that it would extremely unlikely that they would turn a profit on that endeavor.

Edit: And you can only have 7/8 inch inlays on 44mm chips, so the inlay would look way too small for the mold.

I remember not liking the Deadwoods when I was looking to build my first set. Oh how I wish I had spent the money on those, not because of their value now but because of how much I like them now.
I remember getting a few of these back then and I just remember thinking they were cheap garbage. I must be missing something or have a bad memory.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom