WSOP main event - PokerGo streams (1 Viewer)

SwissChip

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I‘m currently watching the Day 1B stream of the WSOP main event.
Damn i miss the ESPN shows with Norm&Lon!
It was really a main event!
Now days, it‘s just another stream of a poker tourney, with boring commentators (sorry).
Is this only me becoming an old fart, or is just the final table the ‚main event‘?
Ok - the show part was bigger back then, but it was way more fun! Even the hands were better ; )

Deadly river on Day 1A….
WSOP ME.jpeg

I‘m currently watching the Day 1B stream of the WSOP main event.
Damn i miss the ESPN shows with Norm&Lon!
It was really a main event!
Now days, it‘s just another stream of a poker tourney, with boring commentators (sorry).
Is this only me becoming an old fart, or is just the final table the ‚main event‘?
Ok - the show part was bigger back then, but it was way more fun! Even the hands were better ; )

Deadly river on Day 1A….
View attachment 1353176
Usually I dont mind Bleznick (spelling?) but opening card boxes while action was on him was very annoying. I know hes hustling but do so when you're not in a hand.

Multi day tourneys are fun to watch, but must be brutal if you bust near the bubble…!!

Usually I dont mind Bleznick (spelling?) but opening card boxes while action was on him was very annoying. I know hes hustling but do so when you're not in a hand.
This was way out of line. I'm also hearing that part of his business is reselling these cards?

And he's also called the clock and complained about other people taking too much time?

I think you have to give PokerGo a bit of slack. The old ESPN coverage was not live, it was all fully edited so the commentary/hands were designed for entertainment.

We’re also just so saturated with live poker shows, tourneys and cash games so the main event has lost some of its allure. Triton, Hustler, High Stakes Poker (the old seasons were my favourite!), etc.

It does seem as though there aren’t as many characters now as in the past. Nowadays its all hoods up and no chat. Bring back Hevad Khan the BBBUUULLLDDDOOOZZZEEERRR-!

I think the stage and all that makes it feel overproduced. I do enjoy watching the early levels of a tournament but I like the coverage of hands at outer tables that aren't overproduced. The secondary table outside the stage they've shown feels much more interesting to me.

I think you have to give PokerGo a bit of slack. The old ESPN coverage was not live, it was all fully edited so the commentary/hands were designed for entertainment.
Absolutely right!
A best of compilation ; )
I compare two different things…

It changed a bit over time, but not only in a bad way of course!

Well, I yelled too early…
They do nice recaps, even with Lon+Norm ; )

Well done!
Some crazy river cards on day 5.

It’s egregious - the below is a wide angle shot in low res so you can’t tell what they are but it’s flashing his cards.

IMG_0974.jpeg

Yeah I liked espn more but it was all edited so its diff

The late night with Ali and Shulman is great those two together is gold

We’re also just so saturated with live poker shows, tourneys and cash games so the main event has lost some of its allure. Triton, Hustler, High Stakes Poker (the old seasons were my favourite!), etc.

It does seem as though there aren’t as many characters now as in the past. Nowadays its all hoods up and no chat. Bring back Hevad Khan the BBBUUULLLDDDOOOZZZEEERRR-!
Agreed Poker from 2004-2010 was the prime of poker so many faces now all them faces are older and the young guns while very good just dont have the same IT factor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom