Your Beer of Choice? (8 Viewers)

Round #2

image.jpeg

I tried a Shiner Light Blonde on Saturday night at a friend's house. In Austin, TX, no less. Not something I would buy myself, but pleasant enough if you prefer lighter beer.

My go-to beer here in Austria. It's magnificent. But the best beer comes out of Bavaria. Will post a pic of a few next time I get some.

Attachments

• IMG_20160208_194037031.jpg
    IMG_20160208_194037031.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 78
Have you tried steinbeer?
I haven't, no. How is it?

Tegernseer and Augustiner are my favorite ones. There's also a brewery called Gutman that makes a dark hefeweizen that's one of the most unique and delicious beers I've ever had. I happen to have a few at home at the moment.

Attachments

• 14571068848281446412830.jpg
    14571068848281446412830.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 71
I haven't, no. How is it?

Tegernseer and Augustiner are my favorite ones. There's also a brewery called Gutman that makes a dark hefeweizen that's one of the most unique and delicious beers I've ever had.

The only one I've tasted was the Rauchenfelser -- it's fairly sweet, with a smoky flavor. It should be available in Salzburg, if you travel near there.

I'm not a fan of wheat beer, but my wife loves it. Most Austrian and Czech lagers are too light for my taste, I'm afraid. I'm more of a dunkel guy, so I will have to look for the Gutman dark.

Hadn't had this until last weekend. Very tasty and I'm not typically a big porter guy.
It's definitely in the top three for me for porters. very good but a couple of them will turn the lights out on ya.

Anyone try one of the new Sam Adam's Nitro beers yet? I've had a couple of the coffee stouts, pretty damn good. Will be trying the IPA tonight as part of my poker group's yearly Beers Around the World sampling event.

http://www.samueladams.com/nitro-project

No pic but I tried a Revolution Saison at a concert last night. Incredible beer and only the 3rd Saison I've tried. First Revolution I've tried and am looking forward to checking out some of their other stuff.

20160305_114637_zpse3rph0xu.jpg

My contribution to poker tonight. @ChaosRock you like the NIHILST? Double ips, 10 percenter I believe? I've got two bottles. I'll gladly bring you one, plus the sixer of 51k.

I've heard great things about this, can't wait to try it

419-thickbox_default.jpg
Personally I prefer the grapefruit sculpin for the citrus IPAs but the pineapple was nice. I really would love to try the Treehouse brew IPA for another citrusy type.

Also on the same track this is a blood orange IPA made locally here that I am planning to get a keg of for S@P. (Seasonal beer so as long as it is available.) it is fantastic

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457197077.800532.jpg

Personally I prefer the grapefruit sculpin for the citrus IPAs but the pineapple was nice. I really would love to try the Treehouse brew IPA for another citrusy type.

Also on the same track this is a blood orange IPA made locally here that I am planning to get a keg of for S@P. (Seasonal beer so as long as it is available.) it is fantastic

View attachment 33628

Flying Dog has a blood orange IPA, and it is really good. Was even better when the local bar had it on Nitro. Mmmmmmm

The only one I've tasted was the Rauchenfelser -- it's fairly sweet, with a smoky flavor. It should be available in Salzburg, if you travel near there.

I'm not a fan of wheat beer, but my wife loves it. Most Austrian and Czech lagers are too light for my taste, I'm afraid. I'm more of a dunkel guy, so I will have to look for the Gutman dark.
I'll see if I can find it.

That's what I love about Austrian and German beers--so smooth. Not the biggest hef guy either, but there are some that stand out. I like an occasional IPA, but one is enough (but never enough, if you know what I mean =). In restaurants here you can order a mischbier, where they mix half/half dark beer and a lager. Really good.

Anyone try one of the new Sam Adam's Nitro beers yet? I've had a couple of the coffee stouts, pretty damn good. Will be trying the IPA tonight as part of my poker group's yearly Beers Around the World sampling event.

http://www.samueladams.com/nitro-project

Tried the nitro IPA this weekend, wasn't nearly as good as the coffee stout, it came in dead last of our beer sampling.

View attachment 33628

I am looking forward to trying the pineapple sculpin, but I worry that it may be too sweet? I like Grapefruit, but think its right on the border of being too juice forward. Should I invest in a full sixpack or try a single?

I am looking forward to trying the pineapple sculpin, but I worry that it may be too sweet? I like Grapefruit, but think its right on the border of being too juice forward. Should I invest in a full sixpack or try a single?
I didn't find it too sweet. Actually maybe slightly less pronounced than the grapefruit. I'm a huge pineapple fan so I was really looking forward to it. It wasn't bad by any means just after having it I think grapefruit is just a better pairing with the bitter hops but YMMV.

Say Goodbye to the Most Interesting Man in the World
By Michal Addady, Fortune.com - Mar. 8, 2016

Dos Equis is about to get a new Most Interesting Man in the World.

Jonathan Goldsmith, the actor from the iconic Dos Equis ad campaign, is making his final appearance in a commercial that will debut on Thursday (3-10). According to AdAge, executives from Heineken, Dos Equis’ parent company, say that a new actor will take on Goldsmith’s role. Aside from that, they didn’t divulge many details.

A large procession comprised of characters from his previous commercials wish the Most Interesting Man in the World farewell as he boards a rocket ship on a one-way trip to Mars. We hear the voiceover say “His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like” before Goldsmith reiterates his familiar catchphrase for the last time—”stay thirsty my friends”—before disappearing for good. Goldsmith, now 77, has been the Most Interesting Man in the World since the Dos Equis ad campaign launched a decade ago.

The brand’s new sponsorship of the College Football Playoff, a multi-year deal, will begin in the fall and become a major part of the ad campaign. The Heineken executives say we can expect it to become more contemporary, since the current campaign doesn’t fit well in the context of football.

“There will be elements that are very, very recognizable, that are super iconic to us, but it will have a very fresh take on things,” Dos Equis vice president of marketing Andrew Katz told AdAge. “It will not feel like we’ve just swapped actors.”

IF YOU ARE A FAN OF IPA, RESEARCH SAYS YOU’RE MORE LIKELY TO BE A PSYCHO

"If you’re a big fan of bitter drinks, such as IPAs, Negronis, Boulevardiers and the like, folks at the University of Innsbruck in Austria have uncovered that you’re also more likely to exhibit malevolent personality traits. The same is true if you crave black coffee or tonic water. Basically, you’re a psycho.

To come to their conclusion, scientists surveyed 1,000 participants and asked them to.... "

psycho.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom