Your Beer of Choice? (17 Viewers)

Ok, did some reading up...Grimm doesn't have a tasting room or actual brewery facility. They use other folks' equipment.

hmmm interesting...contract brewing.

but 2 beers in top 10 .... got to be good

Tupps IPA tonight. McKinny,TX. Also rocking my pint glass koozie.
image.jpeg

image.jpg
Today's beers. Chill is a new slightly lemon-flavored variation of the only Aruban brew, Balashi. The Paternoster is a honeyed ale from Madrid, Spain. (At Charlie's Bar, in San Nicolas, Aruba.)

Last edited:
Not that you guys can probably get your hands on it in the US but "Mountain Goat Beer: Rare Breed" Is my current beer of choice, can only find it in 640ml bottles. It is a rum porter and its mighty fantastic. It is limited edition small batch. I'm gonna call them and see if it will last a year and get a case of it for the SCSO, its gonna be a one outer if there is much left in a year though.

Last edited:
image.jpg

Todays brews. Tangerlo is from a little-known Belgian Trappist brewery. This Hoegarden is a raspberry-flavored wheat beer that was new to us. I had a Chimay red (brune) as a chaser...

image.jpg

... and some beautiful tuna went well.

Last edited:
Got new beer glasses for Father's Day. Decided to put them through the paces with my current favorite beer. Unfortunately the bottle shop said its the last one and they can get no more

Winding down the soccer games in Nashville. Tonight it's a local Tailgate Grapefruit IPA. Full on grapefruit. Closest to Grapefruit Sculpin I've had. Definitely better in cans.

Too dark at hotel to get a good pic.

TailgateGrapefruitIPA.jpg

Montucky-Cold-Snack.jpg

Not really my beer of choice. Perhaps my shitty beer of choice. I just can't stop saying, "This heres a Mon-tucky Cold Snack!"

In the middle of one of these (not my pic)

7605341604_306dd62b4f_b.jpg

Fabulous beer. Chock full of flava.

Shared one of these with my missus earlier:

thornbridge-serpent.jpg

Very interesting beer. Like a Belgian wheat beer crossed with cider. Quite unusual but we enjoyed it

Just finished off a 1/4 keg of Bell's in the kegerator. Pouring it from cans tonight; grocery store has 12 pks for $16.99. Hard to beat. Taking it to UNC football tailgate tomorrow and cigars of course.

Love the Bell's two-hearted. I thought the New-Belgium Heavy Melon was decent.

The Bell's is a pretty typical IPA, IMO, a bit too little body for me. But I like to blend IPAs with brews like the BABA, or any porter, to make something resembling a black IPA. The Bell's / BaBA blend was mine for lunch.

The Heavy Melon was OK, a little melon flavor in the aftertaste, but not a lot. Fairly bland, IMO. My wife liked it, though I think she'd have preferred Fat Tire, but the restaurant had run out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom