Your Beer of Choice? (14 Viewers)

Country ribs braised in Barking Squirrel for supper tonight, accompanied by Fuller's 1845 bottle-conditioned ale, my favorite English brew. Scrumptious...

20160929_191654.jpg

Mine is Red Stripe. I know, I know... Pisswater to you beer snobs. It's not the beer, it's the memories!;)

Reactions: gpc
IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG

Tonight's brews, from the list in a small pub On Rue Colbert in Tours. Note the presence of several brews from Brooklyn Brewing!

Today's afternoon snack included:

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

I like Grimbergen, but it has enough sweet notes that I can never drink more than one...

My gripe with Abita is that they don't actually brew anything -- it's all contract brewed in two locations (unless that has changed very recently).

That said, it's generally pretty good tasting brew.

I didn't know that. They don't distribute in CO, so it was the first time I had any of their beer. It was good, and AFAIK, it's the first beer I drank that had my name in it.

Ace of Spades black IPA (homebrew). Bells Two Hearted Ale clone boiling away in the background. Should be ready by Christmas.
1102161640a.jpg

St. Pete Brewing Scottish Ale, on tap at the Burg, in St. Pete:

"This malty beer has a nice caramel malt backbone and comes in at 5.9% ABV" -- no sweet notes, like so many Scottish ales. Terrific with a burger and a Philly cheesesteak at the Burg.

StPeteScottish.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom