Your Beer of Choice? (5 Viewers)

Asheville Brewing Company Shiva IPA

image.jpg

This is a super helpful post that I use often to balance my draft system.

http://beersmith.com/blog/2011/07/14/keg-line-length-balancing-the-science-of-draft-beer/

Thanks, AF. That is very helpful (after math equations started to come back to me). I think my temperature, pour height from keg and cold beer glasses are affecting the foam too. The kegerator temp is variable the way it is designed, but the beer probably stays mostly around 40 degrees. I wish I could make it a little colder. I will try some adjustments. I use 3/16 line.

Thanks, AF. That is very helpful (after math equations started to come back to me). I think my temperature, pour height from keg and cold beer glasses are affecting the foam too. The kegerator temp is variable the way it is designed, but the beer probably stays mostly around 40 degrees. I wish I could make it a little colder. I will try some adjustments. I use 3/16 line.

40f is best for that beer to be honest. Once you get it dialed in you should be able to pour beautiful pints of beer!!

Is your tap tower cooled also? that definitely can effect the foam.

i've found my keg lines have made no difference. Its normally temperature and pressure.

But agreed. Once its dialed in.... hmmmmm delicious!! i don't mind a slower pour either if it helps to alleviate the foaming.

Is your tap tower cooled also? that definitely can effect the foam.

i've found my keg lines have made no difference. Its normally temperature and pressure.

But agreed. Once its dialed in.... hmmmmm delicious!! i don't mind a slower pour either if it helps to alleviate the foaming.

I think you nailed it. The tower isn't cooled. I did add some insulation around the beer line. The problem now is the first few seconds are a little foamy and then it's fine. If you pour a second beer right after the first, no issue. It seems pretty balanced now.

Last edited:
Tonight's selection. I thought it was something different. Liquor stores on the beach have a terrible selection, unless you like bud light.

Its a big beer but what better way to celebrate the British so generously letting the Yanks have their Independence.

Like giving the keys to a Corvette to a teenager. ( Just kidding guys. I love this place)

IMG_3559.JPG

Did a tasting the other night....

and the winner was.....

Very Hazy!! The others were very good but i wouldn't wait in line with 250 people for them...View attachment 44818

I'm a HUGE Treehouse fan but not a big fan of their red ale or Mosaic-heavy beers like Bright. Very Hazy and Haze are great dank bombs. Julius variants and Green are also amazingly good.

Its a big beer but what better way to celebrate the British so generously letting the Yanks have their Independence.

Like giving the keys to a Corvette to a teenager. ( Just kidding guys. I love this place)

View attachment 47027

For what it's worth, the British lost to a bunch of farmers and the French. And they had the Hessians helping them. I would've set the like at +1200 US Continental Army.

Trillium has cans now - Congress Street IPA in a can is faaaaaantastic.

Had this after golf with a friend Saturday. Second time I've had one, and it's hands down the best beer I've ever had.

Triple IPA, chewy as fuck, juice bomb of a beer and the alcohol content isn't overpowering at all - you would never, ever guess it's 10.3% ALC.

Image1467634046.858432.jpg

Had this after golf with a friend Saturday. Second time I've had one, and it's hands down the best beer I've ever had.

Triple IPA, chewy as fuck, juice bomb of a beer and the alcohol content isn't overpowering at all - you would never, ever guess it's 10.3% ALC.

View attachment 47079

hmmmmm. I think i must now have that beer, I have now move Sip of Sunshine way down the list, same with Heady Topper. Great beers but with everything else going on now they are struggling to compete with the beers from Treehouse or Trillium. Even Epiphany from Foundation is better than Heady (my opinion).
Also another brewery to watch out for is Night Shift. Had their latest Morph.. very very good. And their '87' is fantastic.

Now back to trillium.... Absolutely loving their beers. Fortunate enough the local Craft Beer Cellar is getting limited amounts of it so i don't have to travel too far. Wont be getting cans for another 2 weeks though, no idea why.
But a client/ friend was down at the brewery and brought back a 4 pack. I agree. FANTASTIC stuff.

IMG_3551.JPG

Picked this one up from the local store... will open it soon
IMG_3550.JPG

Tried this one last week. Very tasty. Reminded me of Mott the Lesser.
IMG_3546.JPG

For what it's worth, the British lost to a bunch of farmers................................. and the French.

Yes i don't think it would have turned out quite the same with just 1200+ farmers.

So jealous of you east coast guys. Treehouse & Trillium. Tasty!! Also enjoy Night Shift as well. Hoppy & Hazy!!

20160704_175520.jpg

22 oz. :D

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom