Am I the only one that is truly happy with Copag cards? (4 Viewers)

I agree that Desjgn are superior to Copag in every way. I simply didn't list them because they're not equivalent price. Copags go for around $20 shipped where Desjgn are closer to $26 with shipping.

Very good point. As a buyer from outside the US, I really benefit from Amazon free shipping whereas getting Desjgn off eBay is a hassle and pricier. Buying direct from Faded Spade is even more of a hassle.

I guess I'm the only one here who couldn't give a flying fuck about the cards. I bought a box of 6+6 copags and they served me for close to 15 years at which point I bought another 6+6 copag set. I've never noticed any smell but I guess they have different factories serving different regions? They fade fast though (face, not back). Also, over time they get less smooth. I wouldn't call them sticky but more friction I guess. I got a pack of Modiano which were fine but since my players are animals, I replace cards on a regular level so it wouldn't last long. When I got the new 6+6 set up, it took about an hour before someone had dented a card. Good times.

I also got a setup with Statesman or what they're called which also was nice but they're bridge sized which neither my shuffletech nor my players would use without complaining wildly.

I did finally get my hands on 6+6 copag 4 colour poker cards with regular index but have only used them for 1 game. I prefer regular index for Omaha/circus games but no players come when I invite them to circus games. Yay.

I use Copag but those are the first plastic cards I have purchased from a recommendation.
There are lots of “experts” pointing to other better brands but not many names of better brands. Can someone point to the thread/discussion that ranks the poker size cards and the bridge size for cost vs quality?

Can someone point to the thread/discussion that ranks the poker size cards and the bridge size for cost vs quality?
"Quality" is way too subjective to rank. Some players like stiffer stock, others prefer thinner. Some never seem to have problems like fading or warping, others do. Then there's factors like degree of texture front and back. And lastly font, artwork and color (ex: security red vs real red).

My own "very subjective" ranking:
Lot Fancy: The best value cards out there. They do everything well.
Angel Acetate Poker: Simply the best cards made.

I use Copag but those are the first plastic cards I have purchased from a recommendation.
There are lots of “experts” pointing to other better brands but not many names of better brands. Can someone point to the thread/discussion that ranks the poker size cards and the bridge size for cost vs quality?
@Phyffe did a decent review of 8 different decks. I use 10 different setups, and had thought about an in-depth review thread. While the "best chip" is generally accepted (Paulson or TRK), it becomes much harder to determine the best deck as some people like stiff cards, some like cards that flex more. Some consider the readability of the pips most important, others have no issue regardless of manufacturer. I wont even get into the whole bridge size vs poker size debate - they are personal preferences.

The truth is, you can only test them yourself. The "Buy Samples" mantra applies. My only recommendation is fire up a thread asking to buy used setups from other people. Dented cards needn't go to the trash if someone is willing to pay for shipping so you can test them.

Last edited:
I’ve used copags for all my home games so far. My only gripe is that the top card always slides after putting it down. I know some people have said just press down on the deck and it will solve it, but we are all dealing and drinking, we’re gonna forget to do that. It gets annoying.

I just recently bought some desjgn’s and the texture is much more rough, kinda like brand new crosshatching, and it seems to limit this issue.

I’ve used copags for all my home games so far. My only gripe is that the top card always slides after putting it down. I know some people have said just press down on the deck and it will solve it, but we are all dealing and drinking, we’re gonna forget to do that. It gets annoying.

I just recently bought some desjgn’s and the texture is much more rough, kinda like brand new crosshatching, and it seems to limit this issue.

I understand the annoyance. When I am dealing and I have to put the stub down (because I'm looking at my hole cards or whatever), I put the dealer button on top of the stub. Avoids slippery cards sliding off the top and contacting the muck or my own cards or whatever. I do this regardless of deck brand until I get the stub back in my grip.

I was introduced to Copags way back when I started to play poker, so 20 years ago. Not knowing much, I thought they were fine, but again I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to cards. I've got too many decks but they are reasonably priced and I like the feel. I'm a fan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom