Barrington poker table thread (6 Viewers)

Ah that stinks. I'll look for another COB kit with the Y connector. And a battery pack!

Yes, you can just use the dimmer with the existing stock LEDs
Appreciate you following up and helping us. I might just go with a dimmer on the stock LEDs. Does the one you linked plug right up?

Got the new LED version it's much nicer than the old Barrington. Much nicer rail. Feels more solid too.Time to retire the old one for nothing but travel.
1000017673.jpg

1000017672.jpg
1000017671.jpg

Big shout out to @greedyintern , just did the LED mod. I used a different brand but it was a COB LED.

The hardest part for me was routing the LED from the top of the table to the bottom. Instead of a dimmer, I installed a zigbee controller and I got a rechargeable wireless battery to power them. Now I can control the LEDs from my phone thru HomeKit.

I also installed the handles. Going to attempt the cupholder mod next.

Attachments

• IMG_2223.jpeg
    IMG_2223.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2222.jpeg
    IMG_2222.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2221.jpeg
    IMG_2221.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2220.jpeg
    IMG_2220.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2224.png
    IMG_2224.png
    115.1 KB · Views: 59
Big shout out to @greedyintern , just did the LED mod. I used a different brand but it was a COB LED.

The hardest part for me was routing the LED from the top of the table to the bottom. Instead of a dimmer, I installed a zigbee controller and I got a rechargeable wireless battery to power them. Now I can control the LEDs from my phone thru HomeKit.

This is great! Can you post the links to the parts you purchased? I’m going to try this at some point…

Awesome! Taking it to another level!

This is great! Can you post the links to the parts you purchased? I’m going to try this at some point…
LEDs - BTF-LIGHTING FCOB COB LED Strip... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VW7RQQJ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Led connectors
BTF-LIGHTING FCOB COB 8mm 0.31in... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09W8L842N?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Zigbee controller, if you don’t have zigbee look for WiFi or other tech
BTF-LIGHTING Tuya Zigbee 3.0 C01Z... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPBPRXG9?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Battery pack
TalentCell Rechargeable 12V DC... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MHNQIR2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Let me know if any questions about anything.

Good luck. Just completed the cup holders. I’m the least handy person ever, so if I can do it anyone can. Was able to do it with no help and rather proud of myself lol

Good luck. Took a few hours between few days but ended up good.

Good luck. Just completed the cup holders. I’m the least handy person ever, so if I can do it anyone can. Was able to do it with no help and rather proud of myself lol

Again big thanks to @greedyintern - followed his write up and once you get the tools and your hands dirty it becomes straight forward.

Now can’t wait to play!!!

Seems doable for sure! Just have to make the time.

Seems doable for sure! Just have to make the time.
If it helps. I spent more time reading all the posts than the actual time to do the job. LED lights I spent about two hrs (most of the time was just getting the entry point) and the cup holders I would say about 4-5 hours.
use the hair dryer low and to the center for a few mins till the original ones become hot and used a plastic pry tool till it gives. The hair dryer part took about an hour and drilling and vacuuming those holes took the rest of the time.

Got a question for you all. I don’t keep the table open all the time, only when we host games. Does anyone have any good advice on how to open and close the table, already got some scuff marks on the wood on the side.

Is there a trick to easily open and close the table and carry it away?

I put it on an area rug and unfold the legs, then lift from one of the longer sides such that the legs nearest to me catch onto the rug. Then, while the legs on the far side are still lifted, I move around to that side and gently place them down.

The instructions demand that you have a second person help you flip the table without using two legs to hold the weight as described above, but that is overly cautious imo. They are very strong.

I have a padded dolly that I use to move it to and from its storage area.

Last edited:
I’ve done it myself but I should get that dolly to put it back in storage - that’s a great idea. Then ask whatever player to give me a hand for setup.

Got a question for you all. I don’t keep the table open all the time, only when we host games. Does anyone have any good advice on how to open and close the table, already got some scuff marks on the wood on the side.

Is there a trick to easily open and close the table and carry it away?
I usually open the table by myself. I put down a rug and open one side and pull the leg out and do the same for the opposite side. Once the table is fully opened on its side. I push on the top left leg of one side of the table and lean my body back while holding the center of the table to get it up.

If this is too much work I’d just wait for my friends to come and help me setup the table.

I usually open the table by myself. I put down a rug and open one side and pull the leg out and do the same for the opposite side. Once the table is fully opened on its side. I push on the top left leg of one side of the table and lean my body back while holding the center of the table to get it up.

If this is too much work I’d just wait for my friends to come and help me setup the table.
This is exactly what I was doing but I noticed the side is a bit scuffed from all the open and closing. I figure I can put it up but have my friends help me put it back when nights over.

The hardest part for me was routing the LED from the top of the table to the bottom.
Tell me about this part. Do I need to flip the table over for this, or can I release the legs on one side and kind of half-crack it while it’s still upright?

I guess if I have to flip the thing I’ll do the cup holders at same time. Cup holders and replacement LED strips have been here forever, stuck behind my laziness.

Tell me about this part. Do I need to flip the table over for this, or can I release the legs on one side and kind of half-crack it while it’s still upright?

I guess if I have to flip the thing I’ll do the cup holders at same time. Cup holders and replacement LED strips have been here forever, stuck behind my laziness.
You don’t need to flip it over but I would recommend slightly bending the table. I used a zip tie to go route from top to the bottom of the table. You may want to use a fish tape if you have it.

You don’t need to flip it over but I would recommend slightly bending the table. I used a zip tie to go route from top to the bottom of the table. You may want to use a fish tape if you have it.
Now I remember correctly, put it on the side and slightly bend, that was the easiest way for me to get it in.

Did you do your modification on a non-LED or LED Barrington?

I am trying to decide which one to purchase. From what I read in this thread the LED version is 15-20lbs heavier, which I am not to keen on, and it would be nice to know that if I wanted to add the lights later it would work.

Did you do your modification on a non-LED or LED Barrington?

I am trying to decide which one to purchase. From what I read in this thread the LED version is 15-20lbs heavier, which I am not to keen on, and it would be nice to know that if I wanted to add the lights later it would work.
I did it on the LED version. The LED version has like a half an inch section made for the led. Rather than use the supplied one, I got the aftermarket led from Amazon and laid it over.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom