Controversial Chip & Poker Opinions (15 Viewers)

Are you the one who said it was contradictory to have lots of racks of $5s but only one rack of fracs?
I think it’s a fair compromise - we like to have a lot of the good chips, but we don’t want to slow the game down with too many of the stupid chips.
Guilty. I think it’s funny that when it comes to fracs the game needs to be efficient but you don’t mind making the big bets double fisted.

Look, I don’t care if you all play with 10 racks each because you think it’s cool with moar chips. But don’t pretend like it’s the best way of running a game.

Fracs aren’t workhorse. $5s are.

There’s a range between too little, enough, and too much. 4 racks for 8-9 handed is far from 10 racks per player. When $25s and $100s are handed out instead of $5s, there is a mad dash from the players who are up to color up so they can sit on their profit.

Last edited:
Perhaps your players play the same regardless of stack size but I can say that there is a noticeable difference in our games when people have more workhorse chips vs more big chips.

There’s a range between too little, enough, and too much. 4 racks for 8-9 handed is far from 10 racks per player. The sooner $25s and $100s are handed out instead of $5s, there is a mad dash from the players who are up to color up so they can sit on their profit.
Yeah, I think 4 racks is still reletively sane. Unnecessary but fine. Anything more just seems ridiculous to me.

To each their own though. I’d be perfectly capable of shutting the hell up about it if I’m ever in a ”mad-amount-of-fives game”, but I wouldn’t do it in my game and I wouldn’t recommened it to rookies as some kind of standard

When $25s and $100s are handed out instead of $5s, there is a mad dash from the players who are up to color up so they can sit on their profit.
It’s funny how everybody’s games abd crowds play differently. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that. You will occasionally see a noob separate out his profits into a separate stack though, so I know what you mean.
Look, I don’t care if you all play with 10 racks each because you think it’s cool with moar chips. But don’t pretend like it’s the best way of running a game.
I say the same thing about anybody who plays with more than two racks of $1s, so part of me agrees with you. But the other part of me loves red fives.

There’s a range between too little, enough, and too much. 4 racks for 8-9 handed is far from 10 racks per player. When $25s and $100s are handed out instead of $5s, there is a mad dash from the players who are up to color up so they can sit on their profit.
Players certainly do this in my game too, funny/ironic @upNdown you haven’t seen it.

You will occasionally see a noob separate out his profits into a separate stack though, so I know what you mean.
Gosh, I hate that. Had a player teaching all my other brand new players to do that in my microstakes game. Awful for action, whole 4 or 5 people on my full ring placing $5-10 to the side like they needed it for the bus....

I would probably enjoy sitting in a game with 10 racks of fives, don't get me wrong. But that doesnt mean normal people would enjoy that, or that it is the most efficient/best in any way.

Funny you mention people nitting up their profits in a couple big chips. I don't think I've had anyone ask specifically for a color up before. However plenty of times people ask for higher denoms when rebuying. On the contrary to nitting it up though, I feel that many (especially the more fun players) just want to rebuy with a small handful of high denoms and get it back in there... I guess it depends on the person and the game dynamics.

I have a player who insists on stacking his chips in stacks of 5 (even the quarters). He says it's the easiest way for him to count them. I try not to look in his direction while we play.
During cash out I let our banker cringe when players count and stack weird. I mean they see the “easy” way (stack of something easy and level, level, level)

As host I cash out last so I usually get what’s left and out bank has been perfect for nearly 50 sessions consecutive.

People…

White is the most underrated edge-spot/insert color that exists.
Agreed!

Bsxr5AFl.jpg

I agree that’s controversial. Isn’t it the white spot on the Golden Eagle that makes everybody think it’s so hard to put into a set?
In that particular case, I think it's a combo of finding a leaded $1 to match the Eagle's typical NM condition being extremely tough outside of Aztar $1s, which are of course white and red too. There are plenty of other $1 options but they are rarely going to have the right combination of lead, colors, and condition. In a vacuum, I would say the red, white, and blue is a perfect fit for the inlay/theme and part of what makes those such an appealing chip.

If you're willing to forgo any of those three aforementioned criteria, it works fine in my opinion (like DMack's 'Murica set with the Paris $1s - it's amazing). But of course there are people like you and I that demand to have lead there.

I agree that’s controversial. Isn’t it the white spot on the Golden Eagle that makes everybody think it’s so hard to put into a set?
Combo of both white and a common blue used on $1s I believe. Along with the size of the spots. Tough to use a majority of leaded blue 1s and leaded white 1s like Aztar can easily turn into dirty stacks quickly.

I’d still like to see Horseshoe gardena 1s next to them tho. Feel like that would work great

Combo of both white and a common blue used on $1s I believe. Along with the size of the spots. Tough to use a majority of leaded blue 1s and leaded white 1s like Aztar can easily turn into dirty stacks quickly.

I’d still like to see Horseshoe gardena 1s next to them tho. Feel like that would work great
Nice chip
11922664-DA02-437B-8A56-4F7CD0BF08C1.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom