Controversial Chip & Poker Opinions (15 Viewers)

Whatt! Lol

But when it's done right... oh man are they awesome!
View attachment 826070
Maybe I'm wrong... but I think that chip is amazing!
Those Devils look great!

3VA12, and 4VA12 edge spots look bad more often than they look good:
View attachment 826062
Love those colours.

LOL I've said it many times. A palm tree NEVER looks bad on an inlay. Had to resist the urge myself on my customs. It just looks so damn good for some reason.
Yup, love the palms as well.

Hey, it is my first post in here. I'll know better and forget the gloves for the next ones ;)

I mean, you can have a My Little Pony felt with all the rainbow colours of the world without necessarily having a full blown printed illustration, but you do you.:LOL: :laugh:

Looking forward to seeing and having a discussion about your topper, if you are into that kind of things. Really.

@JeepologyOffroad No, I mean, your example is borderline for me, but clearly made with good taste. Matching colours, muted illustrations and logo. A bit much for my tastes, but it is not too much :p
1692847940029.jpeg

You’d hate my topper for this Friday’s game! Especially in seat 4.

GROUP BUY

Not nearly enough ponies or rainbows, way too much Comic Sans. Can we please take this seriously?
Dear sir or ma'am, here is my latest revision for your order.

- Now using Helvetica like a real designer
- Noticed the letters were a little too spaced out, reduced tracking a bit
- Added more ponies
- Added more rainbows
- Added more rainbow ponies

friendshipismagic2.png

I hope you are happy with these changes, please let me know if you need more revisions.

Attachments

• friendshipismagic2.png
    friendshipismagic2.png
    477.6 KB · Views: 53

- Added more ponies
- Added more rainbows

View attachment 1184561

I hope you are happy with these changes, please let me know if you need more revisions.
Get a JOB, the shadow is still tilting me.

- Added more ponies
- Added more rainbows

View attachment 1184561

My daughter wants one…but she needs you to add a betting line.

My daughter wants one…but she needs you to add a betting line.
1. The suits on my tramp stamp are black and red, cant easily change those.
2. Worried that if I teach a newbie on 4 color decks, they'll mess up once they get back on a 2 color deck, looking for cues that aren't there.
3. I hate change and play with apes that hate it too. I just convinced them to shuffle behind, I cant shift their worldview any farther without setting off a Planet of the Apes scenario. Apes Together, Strong.

1. The suits on my tramp stamp are black and red, cant easily change those.
2. Worried that if I teach a newbie on 4 color decks, they'll mess up once they get back on a 2 color deck, looking for cues that aren't there.
3. I hate change and play with apes that hate it too. I just convinced them to shuffle behind, I cant shift their worldview any farther without setting off a Planet of the Apes scenario. Apes Together, Strong.
Wrong thread, but the tramp stamp argument is agreeable. I’m in the same boat.

Seriously…I’ve thought about #2, as well. But it’s too late…they are hooked on the 4-color junk.

- Added more ponies
- Added more rainbows

View attachment 1184561

SHIP IT.

I need three, Barrington sized please.

I now declare that a proper "Set" of chips is 1,000 or more (1 rack/player at a standard 10 person table).

Does one need 1,000 chips for one table? No. Should one have 1,000 chips for one table? 1000% yes.
It's justified IMO if you're looking to cover any stakes from 0.05/0.10 to 1/2.

100 nickels
140 quarters
160 $1
400 $5
200 $25

Enough for 200 BB starting stacks of

10/14/16 ($20) for 0.05/0.10
12/12/7 ($50) for 0.25/0.25
12/12/12/1 ($100) for 0.25/0.50 or 0.5/0.5
15/17/12 ($400) for 1/2 with a bank of $2000 in $25's plus $1150 in $5's for add ons and top off, assuming a full 10 player table. Cash plays for anything beyond.

Not ideal starting stacks, but it can be done.

1000 chip sets is what I build to handle 0.25/0.50 to 1-2. The 1-2 has straddles often.

100 - quarters
200 - $1
400 - $5
200 - $25
100 - $100

Could also do 80 - $100 and 20 - $500.

Sometimes I build the sets to 1200 chips or more. The only downside is that it can be harder to sell a set to a single buyer later on. Having more chips in a set I like and use is never a downside.

200x $1
800x $5

Fracs are useless. They either 1) sit in a barrel untouched until felted, 2) get tossed in a rainbow bet usually by an annoying old guy, or 3) get put in the pot to be lost first so people don’t have any useless denoms in front of them.

With this many $5s one rack of $25s doesn’t bring much added bank value and bills can be used instead of $100s.

100 nickels
140 quarters
160 $1
400 $5
200 $25

Enough for 200 BB starting stacks of

10/14/16 ($20) for 0.05/0.10
12/12/7 ($50) for 0.25/0.25
12/12/12/1 ($100) for 0.25/0.50 or 0.5/0.5
15/17/12 ($400) for 1/2 with a bank of $2000 in $25's plus $1150 in $5's for add ons and top off, assuming a full 10 player table. Cash plays for anything beyond.

Not ideal starting stacks, but it can be done.
Youre gonna have 1000 chips and STILL not have 200 fracs?! Hater.

Youre gonna have 1000 chips and STILL not have 200 fracs?! Hater.
Only for the thought exercise of covering nickel games up to 1/2. All of my custom sets are only for a single table and have a barrel of quarters for each player and two racks of $5's only.

I'm Team "Get those upper denoms in play".

I now declare that a proper "Set" of chips is 1,000 or more (1 rack/player at a standard 10 person table).

100 nickels
140 quarters
160 $1
400 $5
200 $25

1000 chip sets is what I build to handle 0.25/0.50 to 1-2. The 1-2 has straddles often.

Amateurs.

No self-respecting chipper would have ONE set to cover multiple betting structures.

Only a true chipper would have a 1000 chip set for EACH betting structure. Anything else just screams cheap, stale, and unimaginative.

—-EDIT—-

My bad. I forgot this is the controversial opinion thread. Surely you’d spewing such vile and trash to spin up the haters. Carry on there. Of course you know the proper way to chip.

Amateurs.

No self-respecting chipper would have ONE set to cover multiple betting structures.

Only a true chipper would have a 1000 chip set for EACH betting structure. Anything else just screams cheap, stale, and unimaginative.

—-EDIT—-

My bad. I forgot this is the controversial opinion thread. Surely you’d spewing such vile and trash to spin up the haters. Carry on there. Of course you know the proper way to chip.
Need to be able to spread 0.25/0.50 limit all the way up to 100-200 limit!

Do you know where you are? Bannable.

1692893672235.jpeg

If I get banned what happens to all these non-bills?

Agreed! Cash on the table should just be temporary until they are exchanged for chips. It's difficult to look at a stack of bills and determine how much it is.
Answer: it’s a lot. I used to play in Vegas when cash played at 5/10 and up. Was a lot more enjoyable stacking bills or betting with a bundle. Was also good for taxes… which is part of why the practice was banned. I’m sure the other part was counterfeit bills or short bricks.

Need to be able to spread 0.25/0.50 limit all the way up to 100-200 limit!
Then you need a .25/.50, .50/.50, 1/2, 2/4, 5/10, 10/20, 25/50, 50/100, and 100/200 sets. Limit set at 2 racks/player? Need to be ready for 10 players and 20 re-buys. So that’s…. carry the 4, divide by 7, minus 2… 980K chips. Easy.

Amateurs.

—-EDIT—-

I thought my philosophy on single table sets only to get more sets into play more frequently instead of having the compulsory 6 racks of $5's would get me killed here.

But seriously, I prefer different sets on each table in order to assure that the banks stay separate. Banking multiple tables with the same set leaves more margin for error, IMO.

Then you need a .25/.50, .50/.50, 1/2, 2/4, 5/10, 10/20, 25/50, 50/100, and 100/200 sets. Limit set at 2 racks/player? Need to be ready for 10 players and 20 re-buys. So that’s…. carry the 4, divide by 7, minus 2… 980K chips. Easy.
complicated math adds up.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom