CPC General discussion thread (13 Viewers)

DG Arc Yellow is absolute fire, even/especially as base color.

DG Peach, not my personal first choice but looking good both as spot and base.
DG Yellow can be ok for thin spots. I just hate that it glows green-ish under UV and not yellow.

DG Saturn... puke green sheen and looks wonky even as a spot color.
On the other hand it actually glows yellow under UV.

Canary imo looks a bit nicer than on that last pic, I guess the sample is a little dirty. Still a muted color.

Yellow... more like ochre.

Butterscotch is absolutely usable again.

These photos are all carefully calibrated for white balance and everything, but if the screen you're viewing them on is junk you will still get a wrong impression.
This is an awesome comparison!!! I would like to add, that there is always a little risk, that colors "can look a bit different" when they are used for spots, based on the base color of the chip...

As I first looked at my DG Peach chip (which I love and I am happy to choose DG Peach over DG Arc Yellow), I wonder because the canary spot almost look a bit greenish in stacks... But in the end I really fell in love with this Combo!

Screenshot_20230608-112102.png

DG Peach, not my personal first choice but looking good both as spot and base.
DG Yellow can be ok for thin spots. I just hate that it glows green-ish under UV and not yellow.

Agree with this, I also selected this "yellow" as base color.

1268.jpg

1268.jpg

I also used DG Yellow, but as spot color.

1266.jpg

1266.jpg

Said it before, I'll say it again. Dg Saturn and dg orange are both translucent. Meaning, if you hold them up to light, it passes through the shallow edges. Because of this the color seems to be not uniform and against bright colors will allow some "tinting" of the outer edge. They are best used for 1/8" spots to minimize this effect. Both colors are hideous and unless it is exactly the color you're looking for, should be avoided.

My 2c.

Coincidentally, I recently used it for an upcoming chip. Lol.

May i ask, how old the DG Arc Yellow color Sample is? It might be the Display, but it looks a bit dark on that picture... The actual CPC color is defenitely brighter ...

May i ask, how old the DG Arc Yellow color Sample is? It might be the Display, but it looks a bit dark on that picture... The actual CPC color is defenitely brighter ...
I bought the color sample from CPC in March.

and paulson arc yellow is significantly brighter as well, so i think this is just a dark picture.
The pic will def not be the true color, I posted it as a comparison photo only. The room I took the photo in doesn't have a lot of natural light so it's hard to capture perfectly.

All right... My camera sensor always has a hard time to reproduce the DG Peach correctly. But it ain't just "darker" on pictures, it's the color itself that turns out to be more saturated and stronger... In real they look better than on pictures...

All right... My camera sensor always has a hard time to reproduce the DG Peach correctly. But it ain't just "darker" on pictures, it's the color itself that turns out to be more saturated and stronger... In real they look better than on pictures...
Do you shoot RAW?

If not, try a different "picture style" or whatever it's called by your camera's manufacturer. Some of the factory presets really exaggerate colors.

I have a small question that I haven't been able to find an answer to for an hour now. If I place an order for 500 chips, then I can order 5 different chips. It's clear. Let's say 10 10 10 10 460. :wtf:
But what if I need 540? Is it still 5 different colors?
Or is it already 6? :unsure:

I have a small question that I haven't been able to find an answer to for an hour now. If I place an order for 500 chips, then I can order 5 different chips. It's clear. Let's say 10 10 10 10 460. :wtf:
But what if I need 540? Is it still 5 different colors?
Or is it already 6? :unsure:
For every 100 chips ordered you can have a different design. If you want 6 different chips you would need to order at least 600 total chips.

So if you order 500 chips you can have up to 5 different chips. You could order 300, 50, 50, 50, 50.

Or 300, 100, 100, or 250, 250, etc…..

Usually they want at least 20 of a chip though as a minimum.

For every 100 chips ordered you can have a different design. If you want 6 different chips you would need to order at least 600 total chips.

So if you order 500 chips you can have up to 5 different chips. You could order 300, 50, 50, 50, 50.

Or 300, 100, 100, or 250, 250, etc…..

Usually they want at least 20 of a chip though as a minimum.
Thanks, that's what I thought!
But, I'm a little confused....

Thank you! Great photo! Does anyone know how similar the old colors are to the new ones? I compared my Atlantic Clubs to the ASM color samples and it was very close...
The dayglow colors have changed since ASM per David. Also I have personally seen a lot of variance for white since my order from Around 2005.

The dayglow colors have changed since ASM per David. Also I have personally seen a lot of variance for white since my order from Around 2005.
Indeed. Much, much brighter. Even on my CPC sample (not sure how old it is), the dayglow chips are much more dull than the product that I got. Tiger, Peach, Pink, and Peacock POP.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom