CPC General discussion thread (6 Viewers)

With the jockey mold, are silk fibers used instead of cotton?
1707159118834.png

Chips. Two boxes of which aren't mine. Started oiling yesterday but feeling under the weather today. I might go right to bed after dinner tonight. I'll probably have a reveal thread up next week.
Shit....I've been oiling for a week and I'm barely past halfway done. I need a better technique apparently.

Shit....I've been oiling for a week and I'm barely past halfway done. I need a better technique apparently.
I took a long time initially too. I've had loads of practice since however. I oil each chip individually, but by now I've perfected my technique and muscle memory that I can oil a rack in 15 to 20 minutes.

I took a long time initially too. I've had loads of practice since however. I oil each chip individually, but by now I've perfected my technique and muscle memory that I can oil a rack in 15 to 20 minutes.
You are definitely faster than me. Picking up the pace though... 2100 down...360 to go!!
1000020368.jpg

Last edited:
that sounds painful. I do a stripe of oil on a washcloth, swipe them by the barrel, wipe them off with a dry cloth, and separate them. Let them dry overnight. 1 rack takes 5 minutes or so. Boom, oiled up and ready to go

The light blue $1 looks unweighted to me and much brighter than my Canoe Club T100 with very similar colors.
No, mine is for sure a shade deeper, edges oiled, but the faces aren't, I was actually hoping for just a shade lighter, but I still love how they came out. I've noticed, comparing the Almond mold samples last night, vs my CSQ, vs some DSQ I have around in some of my colors - they make a difference on appearance - and I'm sure the clay varies a bit from production to production
I need to have a chat with @David Spragg . That's difference enough to have my T100's remade. These POP.
I always thought Canoe (B-Mold), Bicycle Shack (B-Mold) and El Nido (Scrown) came out a bit more grey than most light blue I've seen, although I personally like the aesthetic. I think the lighter/white inserts helps the Shack's feel a bit bluer though.

I feel my (DSQ) light blue came out much like Calypso (CSQ) light blue, so I'm inclined to believe it's mostly a mold thing, although variation from production runs is likely a factor too.

I always thought Canoe (B-Mold), Bicycle Shack (B-Mold) and El Nido (Scrown) came out a bit more grey than most light blue I've seen, although I personally like the aesthetic. I think the lighter/white inserts helps the Shack's feel a bit bluer though.

I feel my (DSQ) light blue came out much like Calypso (CSQ) light blue, so I'm inclined to believe it's mostly a mold thing, although variation from production runs is likely a factor too.
I'll have some light blues coming today....

that sounds painful. I do a stripe of oil on a washcloth, swipe them by the barrel, wipe them off with a dry cloth, and separate them. Let them dry overnight. 1 rack takes 5 minutes or so. Boom, oiled up and ready to go
It's worth the time investment to me initially. Only edge oiling results in having to oil again in 1 to 2 years time. Do the compression oiling chip by chip and 4 years out, the chips still pop as well as the day I oiled them.

Oiling my Jockey molds especially that I just got in, the difference is breathtaking.

This is very interesting. Did anyone from the most recent B mold run get any light blue chips? Would love to see photos.

This is very interesting. Did anyone from the most recent B mold run get any light blue chips? Would love to see photos.
I will say after Aaron's last pic just now I'm starting to consider retracting my statement. They do look more of a deeper blue than most I've seen. @Fran has some thicker light blue spots on his latest B-Molds is the closest I can think of for a new set (link).

It's worth the time investment to me initially. Only edge oiling results in having to oil again in 1 to 2 years time. Do the compression oiling chip by chip and 4 years out, the chips still pop as well as the day I oiled them.

Oiling my Jockey molds especially that I just got in, the difference is breathtaking.
Maybe you just need to use them more often... ;-)

My SpeakEC tournament set was oiled almost 6 years ago now, and not one chip needs to be redone.

25k.jpg

Not saying you're wrong.. always multiple ways of doing things, and I appreciate that.

I will say after Aaron's last pic just now I'm starting to consider retracting my statement. They do look more of a deeper blue than most I've seen. @Fran has some thicker light blue spots on his latest B-Molds is the closest I can think of for a new set (link).
@JMC9389 yes only light blue spot for my part but even if it is not b-mold, here you have a light blue base chip in the Bank set from @Kid_Eastwood

If CPC can get their light blue to look light blue, and not gray, then I'd remake every light blue chip I've ever bought.
I would as well. If the Calypso $1 light blue is the standard light blue offered now, it's a game changer for me.

I'll try to reconcile a list of CPC colors that have changed since my color sample was manufactured, which I think I actually bought from you.

Off the top of my head, DG Peach is definitely one. DG Pink I believe as well. I'll have to look at what else.

I would as well. If the Calypso $1 light blue is the standard light blue offered now, it's a game changer for me.

I'll try to reconcile a list of CPC colors that have changed since my color sample was manufactured, which I think I actually bought from you.

Off the top of my head, DG Peach is definitely one. DG Pink I believe as well. I'll have to look at what else.

Interesting. I've been out of the loop for a couple years now. I'll have to look into those color changes.

If CPC can get their light blue to look light blue, and not gray, then I'd remake every light blue chip I've ever bought.
Funny enough I mocked up some grey $1s for alts in my set despite a light blue $1, but I also think my blue came out solid (pre-oil below). I do think more people would do light blue over peacock if that happened though, as for now most people opt for the latter (partially since it's safer).

Capture.PNG

f9mMS2H.jpg

Funny enough I mocked up some grey $1s for alts in my set despite a light blue $1, but I also think my blue came out solid (pre-oil below). I do think more people would do light blue over peacock if that happened though, as for now most people opt for the latter (partially since it's safer).

View attachment 1268289

f9mMS2H.jpg

Those are beautiful! Nice work

Looks pretty blue to me!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom