CPC General discussion thread (9 Viewers)

Thoughts on DG Saturn on a DG Tiger $5 chip. It's a workhorse chip, so I need to LOVE it.

View attachment 1403872
Dayglo yellow or dayglo arc yellow would work better. Mine has dayglo yellow base, tiger and peacock spots just so you can see colors on an actual live chip.

1729057621301.jpeg

Last edited:
Thoughts on DG Saturn on a DG Tiger $5 chip. It's a workhorse chip, so I need to LOVE it.

View attachment 1403872

Go with DG Yellow and thank me later

That chip would be absolutely beautiful…. In sunlight or top notch lighting. Low or poor lighting and it will be a let down for a workhorse. DG yellow much safer here

Check This Out Cookie Monster GIF by Sesame Street

Saturn will look like chewed bubble gum with that combo....

Go with DG Yellow and thank me later
I've been working on my lineup for a year or more. This conversation just got my attention, wondering if there is anywhere I could work in DG Saturn, since I don't have it anywhere in my lineup. I did previously have this chip with either Canary or DG Yellow, but I've used both those colors on other chips already. So just thinking I might be able to work in Saturn here.

I've been working on my lineup for a year or more. This conversation just got my attention, wondering if there is anywhere I could work in DG Saturn, since I don't have it anywhere in my lineup. I did previously have this chip with either Canary or DG Yellow, but I've used both those colors on other chips already. So just thinking I might be able to work in Saturn here.
Let's see the rest of the lineup

Check This Out Cookie Monster GIF by Sesame Street

Saturn will look like chewed bubble gum with that combo....
So you don't like the way this one turned out? It looks good in the pics.

That chip would be absolutely beautiful…. In sunlight or top notch lighting. Low or poor lighting and it will be a let down for a workhorse. DG yellow much safer here
So tell me what "top notch lighting" is. I'm in the process of designing my poker space right now. I can do whatever I want with lighting.

Let's see the rest of the lineup
Here is it using DG Yellow & Peacock on the DG Tiger base $5. Top row is 5c, 25c, $1 & $5. Bottom row is $20, $25, $100 & $500. Yes, that is a lot of denominations. I probably won't get all of them made. Except that recently I've been thinking a lot about playing limit poker, so who knows, I might even add a $2 chip. No set plan for when I might order these. Gotta get the poker room built out first.

CPC TFPC v20 2024 10 16.png

I have an inlay also, but it's not on the CPC site anymore, so I guess I need to reload it. Here is an older iteration with inlay from @Johnny5 Before I started thinking I wanted the DG Tiger $5.

dn_tf_csq_set1a.png

Lighting probably needs to be balanced for comfort and I’d argue that higher CRI isn’t necessarily better. Probably not worth lighting it up like a stark operating room just to make dayglo Saturn palatable.

You probably want something with a very high CRI.
Thanks! Lots of data and science here! I will keep this in mind when I get to the lighting phase of the project.
Lighting probably needs to be balanced for comfort and I’d argue that higher CRI isn’t necessarily better. Probably not worth lighting it up like a stark operating room just to make dayglo Saturn palatable.
Did you read the link? You can have high CRI without having Ultra bright, Stark lighting.

I can't argue with that! Lighting is important, but I agree, designing your whole room around how one color will appear is a bit much. :)
Also, I don’t know the science or psychology behind all of the lighting tricks but I’m sure different set ups work better in different applications despite CRI, light temperature, wattage, etc. I’m sure there are very interesting points of view but my original point is that while lighting might be “better” in a hospital vs an upscale restaurant, the lighting in a restaurant is going to make everyone feel more comfortable while still bringing out the colors of the food and cocktails and still make everyone look more attractive. I agree lighting is important, I just don’t know what makes one good vs the others except knowing it when I see it.

Last edited:
Leaded chips look better than clay chips, which look better than China clay which look better than dice chips.

To accomplish the test without lighting bias, I removed all light from the room and handled the chips in complete darkness. :cool

...but I am still a huge supporter of Saturn Yellow when the lights are on.

To accomplish the test without lighting bias, I removed all light from the room and handled the chips in complete darkness. :cool

Yes, but was there a cat in the room? It would only be a truly objective test if there was a cat in the room with a poker chip on his head:

IMG_6374.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom