Dinner Plans? (5 Viewers)

Not sure why I thought that said 600 lbs... lol
Looks awesome have a great time!!
Season 1 Drinking GIF by Freeform's Single Drunk Female

Love it and glad I could help a little. Just like your quest for the perfect old fashioned the journey of Weber charcoal grilling is awesome!

I forgot to mention. I also did Italian sausages. Indirect heat, reverse sear. Colleen said they reminded her of yours. Huge compliment!

I’m staying in the hotel next to the Manchester office.

Here’s the starter

Sumptuous crispy chicken goujons smothered in our own Smokey BBQ sauce…

IMG_1075.jpeg

A few people have asked my about my chicken noodle soup. We used egg noodles. I prefer bow tie noodles. It is a nostalgia thing.

Anyways, here is the recipe.

Chicken:

I use two small, whole chickens. I baste them with melted butter and add seasoning. I place half of a lemon inside the chicken.

I cook them on the weber grill, charcoal only. I create a hot zone and a cool zone in the grill. The chicken never leaves the cool zone. I cook it indirect heat until the chicken hits 100 degrees. I rotate the chicken, and baste again with melted butter.

I cook the chicken until it reaches 160 degrees. Then I remove it from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes.

It is fucking amazing. The skin is crisp. The meat is juicy and flavorful. I use a vortex in the grill to help circulate the heat. Don't tent the chicken, and let it rest for 45 minutes while you are drinking. The skin will lose its texture. Sorry @Mrs Poker Zombie and @Poker Zombie I was very disappointed when I realized what happened.

After dinner we remove all of the chicken from the carcasses. We place the bones in a large crockpot. Cover the bones with water. We add peppercorns, garlic, dried thyme/rosemary, ect... Really whatever we have. I usually half an onion or two and throw in it. If I have any saved veggie ends (we freeze most stuff). I add them. Then we cook it on high for a couple of hours. Then on low for approx... 36 hours.

Strain it, then tweak as necessary. Sometimes it needs a little salt, pepper, ect.... Otherwise, it is ready to go.

Our chicken noodle soup is minimalistic. Celery, Carrots, and onions. Everything is lightly sautéed. I prefer this to cooking it in the broth. I also like a little texture with my veggies. It is easier to control when you sauté them. I season the veggies while they are being sautéed. Once cooked, add to the broth. Add cut up chicken. It is ready to go.

We do not put our noodles in the soup. It soaks up to much of the broth. We put the noodles in the bowl. Then we add broth to the bowl.

A few people have asked my about my chicken noodle soup. We used egg noodles. I prefer bow tie noodles. It is a nostalgia thing.

Anyways, here is the recipe.

Chicken:

I use two small, whole chickens. I baste them with melted butter and add seasoning. I place half of a lemon inside the chicken.

I cook them on the weber grill, charcoal only. I create a hot zone and a cool zone in the grill. The chicken never leaves the cool zone. I cook it indirect heat until the chicken hits 100 degrees. I rotate the chicken, and baste again with melted butter.

I cook the chicken until it reaches 160 degrees. Then I remove it from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes.

It is fucking amazing. The skin is crisp. The meat is juicy and flavorful. I use a vortex in the grill to help circulate the heat. Don't tent the chicken, and let it rest for 45 minutes while you are drinking. The skin will lose its texture. Sorry @Mrs Poker Zombie and @Poker Zombie I was very disappointed when I realized what happened.

After dinner we remove all of the chicken from the carcasses. We place the bones in a large crockpot. Cover the bones with water. We add peppercorns, garlic, dried thyme/rosemary, ect... Really whatever we have. I usually half an onion or two and throw in it. If I have any saved veggie ends (we freeze most stuff). I add them. Then we cook it on high for a couple of hours. Then on low for approx... 36 hours.

Strain it, then tweak as necessary. Sometimes it needs a little salt, pepper, ect.... Otherwise, it is ready to go.

Our chicken noodle soup is minimalistic. Celery, Carrots, and onions. Everything is lightly sautéed. I prefer this to cooking it in the broth. I also like a little texture with my veggies. It is easier to control when you sauté them. I season the veggies while they are being sautéed. Once cooked, add to the broth. Add cut up chicken. It is ready to go.

We do not put our noodles in the soup. It soaks up to much of the broth. We put the noodles in the bowl. Then we add broth to the bowl.
Very similar to ours, except I have never sauteed the veggies... until now. :sneaky:

Very similar to ours, except I have never sauteed the veggies... until now. :sneaky:

The veggies were a little boring. Once I decided to try sautéing them, I never went back. It adds way more complexity to the dish! I sincerely believe the soup is restaurant quality.

Before we got home, to avoid cooking after the long drive, we bought a cooked chicken from the grocery store.

Trust me, you had nothing to be disappointed about.

I needed chicken skin (more on this later...) so I had a bunch of skinless, bone-in thighs in the fridge so I threw em on the kettle and made a quick alfredo while they were cooking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom