Dinner Plans? (8 Viewers)

Good Friday fish and sweet potato fries
779D563D-FA6B-4C26-B1B5-7C05FF53D40E.jpeg
A1AC0A1A-1349-49E6-B890-0F71011C200A.jpeg

Last night's blackened swordfish, zucchini and fresh black pepper pasta with lemon creme sauce.
2020-04-09 19.45.18.jpg

I've also started playing around with gin, tonic and garnish combinations (ie Gin Tonica) in anticipation of summer (eventually) arriving. This is Tanqueray 10 + Fever-tree Citrus tonic + grapefruit & rosemary.
2020-04-10 19.05.10.jpg

Last night's blackened swordfish, zucchini and fresh black pepper pasta with lemon creme sauce.
View attachment 438550

I've also started playing around with gin, tonic and garnish combinations (ie Gin Tonica) in anticipation of summer (eventually) arriving. This is Tanqueray 10 + Fever-tree Citrus tonic + grapefruit & rosemary.
View attachment 438551

ive cooked swordfish steaks twice and failed both times.

Twice for me too. First time I nailed it - about 3 min on the first presentation side and 1.5 min on the second side on a ripping hot grill. This time I got tentative because the grill wasn't quite as hot - prob did 3-4 min per side and it was a bit overdone. Melted a pat of butter on top like you would a beef steak to try and save it. Butter makes everything better. :)

Probably my favorite food.

Medium-high heat, cast iron (not outdoor grill). 3/4 inch thick: 3 minutes per side. one inch thick: 3.5 minutes per side. 1.25 inches, 4 minutes per side. Don't go any thicker.

Let rest for a few minutes before serving.

Old New England trick: brush liberally on both sides with mayonnaise before cooking, brush with lemon juice before serving.

Frank's Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce is another nice complement...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom