Do you think Robbi Jade Lew cheated? Poll (6 Viewers)

Did she cheat?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Posted in the other thread too, but this all is just so weird and feels off to me…

9DB388F1-2442-44E9-AF23-5C88E589DC62.jpeg
3C5E86E4-1240-46B9-B412-54B4DCABBE97.jpeg
4A2833F4-78C2-4BC4-89AC-395757A2A558.jpeg
7C8F7343-0AB3-4FC1-9FC3-6B44DA55567D.jpeg

Last edited:
My current ranking in order of likelihood:

Most likely
1) Not cheating - Bad call
2) Cheating - positioned 2 seat vs 9 seat to see dealer flash cards on pitch
3) Not cheating - Losing on purpose
4) Cheating - Inside job RFID and/or shuffler hacking
Least likely

:unsure:
"The fourth communal card, known as the turn, didn’t help either player. Adelstein semi-bluffed and bet out again; Lew re-raised."

Ummm... Lew *raised*.
It’s painful when poker goes mainstream. Somebody linked a video a few pages back, with body language experts analyzing the players during the hand. Problem was, they didn’t know shit about poker. One guy said Garrett was smiling when she called because he thinks he’s going to win. Um, no.
Painful.

Robbi had J3 earlier in the session so is it possible when she asked whether a 3 was no good, she was thinking about that other hand? I'm probably wrong on this math but game is 8-handed, we're on the river and there's been 6 folds. That leaves 30 cards in the deck(?) and Garrett has 20 outs?...any 8,7, any club, any 6, or J. If you were cheating and you knew your opponent was behind but favored to win, would you call?

Thoughts from her coach Faraz Jaka:

Last edited:
So, I have to now change my vote, given the latest development.

View attachment 1001195

Background: I know Bryan very well, as I almost always got to the livestreams early, and he’s one of the guys that helps you mike up.

One of the things they tell you to do is to NOT turn on and off your mic yourself, and to just let the dealer know you want to be muted. Bryan is one of the guys that mutes you when you request this.

When you’re muted, your mic pack moves to a red indicator light, from green.

Her not pressing charges is potentially indicative of him outing her for collusion with him, doesn’t make any sense. Him stealing money from her is potentially indicative of him being angry that she gave the money back, which would have been his cut. If his cut was 10%, $15k seems like an appropriate calculation of that from $135k.

The easiest indicator for that person to make a “call / fold” signal would be to mute / unmute that mic. I haven’t reviewed the hand to see if she looks at her mic pack, but it’s a decent theory.

Sigh.
This is outrageous, @Windwalker. Without a shred of evidence, you are now claiming that it could have possibly been an inside job? I think you owe some people apologies for your... Uh... Waitwut?

I'm changing my vote...

Last edited:
:unsure:
"The fourth communal card, known as the turn, didn’t help either player. Adelstein semi-bluffed and bet out again; Lew re-raised."

Ummm... Lew *raised*.
Not a big fan of the fifth communal cards to be honest. I support a referendum to stop at four communal cards. If you can’t make a hand by then the fifth isn’t going to help.

(Narrator deep voice: “As it turned out, the fabled fifth communal card helped a lot of people….)

Pan to me sharpening large sticks.

This is outrageous, @Windwalker . Without a shred of evidence, you are now claiming that it could have possibly been an inside job? I think you owe some people apologies for your... Uh... Waitwut?

Good video. He breaks it down quite well. Not looking great for her and the fish is starting to smell pretty bad.

Robbi had J3 earlier in the session so is it possible when she asked whether a 3 was no good, she was thinking about that other hand? I'm probably wrong on this math but game is 8-handed, we're on the river and there's been 6 folds. That leaves 30 cards in the deck(?) and Garrett has 20 outs?...any 8,7, any club, any 6, or J. If you were cheating and you knew your opponent was behind but favored to win, would you call?
Even though she was a slight underdog she had the odds to call if she was cheating and knew her opponent's cards. She was 47% to win but only had to put in 40% of the money. Someone with full knowledge of the cards and a computer to calculate equity would have known that she should call there.

I don't think that's what happened; I think she just made a ridiculously bad play. But it was in fact the right play, even though she couldn't have known that without cheating.

Even though she was a slight underdog she had the odds to call if she was cheating and knew her opponent's cards. She was 47% to win but only had to put in 40% of the money. Someone with full knowledge of the cards and a computer to calculate equity would have known that she should call there.

I don't think that's what happened; I think she just made a ridiculously bad play. But it was in fact the right play, even though she couldn't have known that without cheating.
I was in the "no cheat" camp, but after hearing of the skim something surely seems foul and her heroish call seems less likely. No matter the situation, I still think Garrett asking for the money back is a bitch move when he didn't have definitive proof of anything. He may be right in the end, but I still don't like that.

This LA Times article about the cheating scandal may be the lamest piece of investigative reporting I’ve ever read in my life. They meet at a jewelry store, and the jeweler verified that there was nothing rigged in her ring. And then, in a show of defiance, Robbi buys the ring.

No questions about her relationship with Bryan. Why they followed each other on Twitter if they didn’t know each other. Why the changing stories. What about Garrett’s statement? Checking on her relationship with RIP. Nada. Zip. Nothing.

It’s worse than a high school newspaper article written by a freshman who doesn’t like writing.

If they were receiving & sharing info, it could have been signals as simple as ahead/behind or call/raise/fold … not necessarily exact hole cards. This could explain Rip’s wild reaction when Persson got there on the runner runner 8-high flush against Robbi’s trip Jacks (“Disregard — bail bail bail!”), as well as Rip’s reaction(s) after seeing Robbi flip over J4o :eek: :LOL: :laugh:

I know Bryan very well, as I almost always got to the livestreams early, and he’s one of the guys that helps you mike up.
How reasonable is it that someone would play on the stream, but not know Bryan?

It seems odd to me that the followed each other on Twitter, then unfollowed each other and Bryan deleted his account, yet Robbi claims she didn't know Bryan.

That Garrett explanation is terrible. I get he's covering up a mess he created, but that doesn't make his tirade better. He's been cheated a lot? Lol

I changed my vote.

I’ve rewatched and listened to all words and reactions. Body language and choice of words, have me rethinking all of this.

Her mid game interview: “I can give the money back and win it fair and square” “It wasn’t really a fair hand for me” “We can just 50/50 it” - and then “I don’t feel like I should have won, I shouldn’t have won that hand”

She sits back at the table: “I don’t want production to think about interference” (nobody said there was interference, this was an odd choice of words) “RIP” then puts his face in his hand like she just said some seriously dumb shit, and is sinking the ship…

Doug Polk posted a video, detailing the kid who got $15,000 from Robbi’s stack, somehow moved furniture and a cabinet around so he could view live production.

Just fun little details to build a heuristic approach on the matter.

Last edited:
Sounds like she had her sister take it in her stead ;)
Without knowing the questions asked, the results are not relevant. But assuming the right questions were asked and the examiner was unbiased, it's a significant development.

That is to say, she doesn't seem smart enough to beat a lie detector... ;)

Without knowing the questions asked, the results are not relevant. But assuming the right questions were asked and the examiner was unbiased, it's a significant development.

That is to say, she doesn't seem smart enough to beat a lie detector... ;)
I guess so, as long as her baseline didn't look like this.
scribble.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom