Material: 15 species of exotic wood
Finish: Various wood and Gold
Chairs Included: No
Doubles as Dining Table: No
Beverage Holders: Yes
Chip Holders: No
Storage Area for Accessories: No
Extras: N/A

Well ahead of the competition in terms of price, the Akke Functional Art design studio really went out of its way to create the most expensive poker table out there, which is called “All in.”

Made out of 15 types of rare wood species, this table took nearly 600 man-hours to build. However, if you were thinking of buying this work of art, you will be disappointed as it was given away as a prize to the World Poker Tour’s Season XI Player of the Year. The lucky winner was Matt Salsberg who managed to make three final tables and win one WPT title that year, giving him a comfortable lead in the POY race."

Needs more species of exotic wood

all-in-poker-02.jpg

From Axel Yberg:

The name “All In” has a dual meaning. Most importantly, it is an acknowledgement of my appreciation for everyone that has been a part of helping me build the Akke brand. From the beginning, this has been a team effort and everyone involved has given it their all. On a personal level, it symbolizes the fact that when I commit to something, I give it everything I’ve got; mentally, physically, and emotionally. When I’m excited about an idea, the first thing I say is, “I’m all in!”

“All In” required over 600 man-hours of labor to create. The surface was constructed using fifteen species of exotic wood (including: Madagascar Ebony, Rosewood, Purple Heart, Zebra Wood, Wormy Maple, English Brown Oak, Black Locust, Claro Walnut, Quilted Maple, Sycamore, Cherry, Catalpa, Black Walnut, Quarter-Sawn White Oak, and live-edge Ash). The base was fabricated with gold-painted plumbing pipes and fittings, and Edison Reproduction Light Bulbs.

The vectors that bisect each angle on the perimeter of the table are made from Madagascar Ebony and Rosewood. Their colors, black and red, represent the suits in a deck of cards. This idea is carried into the turnbuckle drink holders, which are designed as a quadrant of Black Walnut and Cherry. The organic nature of the live-edge Ash on the perimeter of the table symbolizes the fact that the game of poker requires complex thinking, as opposed to a systematic game like Black Jack. To be a successful poker player, you must have plenty of skill, nerves of steel, and a good amount of luck. The steel horseshoes that surround the WPT logos symbolize that combination. The five diamond cutouts in the center of the table are a nod to the legendary Doyle Brunson and the WPT Doyle Brunson Five Diamond World Poker Classic. And of course, the gold pipes that make up the base represent the bling associated with Las Vegas.

This poker table wouldn’t exist if it were not for the generosity, excitement, and total belief in me that I received from my good friend Matt Gai and his wife Jenn. They funded this table (and it was very expensive). I am extremely thankful for this. In addition, Matt, an avid poker player, was instrumental in consulting with me regarding the necessities of creating a functional poker table.

POKER / CARD TABLE - MID-CENTURY MODERN - $200 (Roopville, Ga)
OBO - Beautiful mustard-color mid-century modern card/poker table. All wood and felt. In excellent shape with no tears or stains. Many a tale has been told over this table. And it's waiting for more!
Also has a wood cover to go over it when not in use.
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/fuo/5242556079.html
View attachment 19408

Makes my eyes hurt just looking at a picture of the beautiful mustard color felt.

He needs to put the wood cover on it and keep it on :D

I wonder what kind of table @T_Chan could make for $75k.

For that kind of dough I'd expect it to be felted from the skin and studded with the teeth of all my enemies

If 75k is out of your range, how about the Restless Ghost at 57k

Nottage-Design-Poker-Table.jpg

Be sure to shine your shoes real gud b4 you play at this one!

Akke-Functional-Art-Poker-Table.jpg

The Banana Spider

"Price: $75,000
Material: 15 species of exotic wood
Finish: Various wood and Gold
Chairs Included: No
Doubles as Dining Table: No
Beverage Holders: Yes
Chip Holders: No
Storage Area for Accessories: No
Extras: N/A

Well ahead of the competition in terms of price, the Akke Functional Art design studio really went out of its way to create the most expensive poker table out there, which is called “All in.”

Made out of 15 types of rare wood species, this table took nearly 600 man-hours to build. However, if you were thinking of buying this work of art, you will be disappointed as it was given away as a prize to the World Poker Tour’s Season XI Player of the Year. The lucky winner was Matt Salsberg who managed to make three final tables and win one WPT title that year, giving him a comfortable lead in the POY race."

Needs more species of exotic wood

We're done here, people . Everybody go home. This thread is over. Maybe archive this one and start a new one.

Hey Toby,

We're cool right? Just checking.

Because I have been joking about you being this

But it just occurred to me you may in fact be this

I go from that to that after too many beers sometimes

We're done here, people . Everybody go home. This thread is over. Maybe archive this one and start a new one.

'Said Salsberg of his new table, "I'm thinking I may want to be buried in it one day."'

I'll climb on top, drop my pants and curl one out live for $120

Frickin funny comment. In fact so funny that I almost "liked" it. That would have been weird to see my name under that post though. :LOL: :laugh:

upload_2015-11-18_16-25-24.png
upload_2015-11-18_16-25-45.png

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/tag/5315769559.html

This is a custom made poker table top that I am selling. This poker table top can fit 10 players plus dealer comfortably. The felt is red and has no tears. I am selling the table top ONLY and the bottom legs are not included. Weighs approximately 100 lbs. Buyer will need to pick this up on your own with truck

The felt has no tears, my liver has no holes, but both have plenty of wear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom