Golf Thread (4 Viewers)

How much is the green fee to play there as a member's guest, out of interest?

I'm currently in the process of scoping out an Ayrshire golf holiday for next year...
Currently £95 midweek and £120 weekends. Doing it yourself is £675!!!

Anybody ever play Penn National in Fayetteville PA? I'm heading there for a weekend golf trip next weekend

IMG_2063.jpeg

Just delivered and I like them!

Currently £95 midweek and £120 weekends. Doing it yourself is £675!!!
Yeah, I went to look how much it was to play by myself. Considering I've played it once before, I think I'll pass at £675. Seriously considering Trump International instead.

Lovely post-work round yesterday evening.

IMG20240620195927.jpg

IMG20240620194730.jpg

IMG_20240620_205433.jpg

The best and worst round I've played in a long time; 29 putts (including no three-putts), finding fairways with bombs (including a new PB of 286 yards) — but had two doubles and two triples!

The quest to break 80 for the first time continues.

Went for the early 90s PGA Tour grinder look yesterday, hahah!

IMG_20240620_230811.jpg

Absolutely crazy how we spend so much money on the latest technology, and it's this humble £23 notepad that has completely transformed my game over the past two rounds.

If you struggle with the mental side of the game / staying present like I do, then this is an absolute gamechanger from Journal 18. Having that constant reminder on every hole of my goals for the round really helps me stays grounded — and gives every shot so much more purpose.

IMG_20240623_220239.jpg

Absolute belter of a round this evening; 29 putts with no three-putts (which has been my primary focus in the journal) for the second round in a row — and one double away from finally breaking 80 for the first time.

Screenshot_2024-06-23-20-05-45-31_ec077b32ba14e656f07b38f331b4b0de.jpg

Absolutely crazy how we spend so much money on the latest technology, and it's this humble £23 notepad that has completely transformed my game over the past two rounds.

If you struggle with the mental side of the game / staying present like I do, then this is an absolute gamechanger from Journal 18. Having that constant reminder on every hole of my goals for the round really helps me stays grounded — and gives every shot so much more purpose.

View attachment 1348238

Absolute belter of a round this evening; 29 putts with no three-putts (which has been my primary focus in the journal) for the second round in a row — and one double away from finally breaking 80 for the first time.

View attachment 1348236

Very interesting. I almost bought one of these journals after a very interesting round last weekend. Had a 5:50am tee time Sunday, carts weren't out yet so we used push carts on the front 9. I played my best golf of the year, from the blue tees. We switched to carts at the turn, and I went triple,double,triple to start the back 9. I'm convinced it was a mental issue. The slower pace with the push carts, I felt more in tune.

Can you share any more insights into how you're using the journal?

Very interesting. I almost bought one of these journals after a very interesting round last weekend. Had a 5:50am tee time Sunday, carts weren't out yet so we used push carts on the front 9. I played my best golf of the year, from the blue tees. We switched to carts at the turn, and I went triple,double,triple to start the back 9. I'm convinced it was a mental issue. The slower pace with the push carts, I felt more in tune.

Can you share any more insights into how you're using the journal?
Funny you should say that, as I was watching a Grant Horvat video the other day and he said exactly the same thing about walking a course; you're forced to slow down and take a bit more time, essentially.

I'd say the main benefit I'm getting from it is the pre-round page, where you basically jot down what you're looking to achieve / what a good round would look like.

For example, I've always put down "no three putts" so far. Having that constant reminder as you approach a green (as you're jotting down where your approach landed) has just meant me taking more time over every putt; the best way I can describe it is that I now feel like I'm putting with purpose.

Don't get me wrong, there are still poor putts (albeit less than before), but none of them feel like lazy throwaway strokes, if that makes sense?

Likewise, I've found that when I'm logging where my drives go, if I start seeing a pattern I don't like (missing right etc.) then I'm more alert to making adjustments accordingly.

Hope this all helps.

IMG_20240625_223612.jpg

IMG20240625223530.jpg

IMG_20240625_223556.jpg

Played in my weekly 9-hole golf league last night and was very consistent off the tee and getting the ball to the green but my putting was a disaster. I’m chalking it up to getting a new oversized pistol grip and not spending enough time with it but I was also trying out the Callaway balls with 3 lines and I think that was actually messing with me a lot too. I’d like the ball up to what I thought looked correct but then when standing over it the line looked completely wrong so I’d subconsciously pull or push the ball.

I need a lot more practice with my new set up. What are everyone’s favorite putting drills?

Played in my weekly 9-hole golf league last night and was very consistent off the tee and getting the ball to the green but my putting was a disaster. I’m chalking it up to getting a new oversized pistol grip and not spending enough time with it but I was also trying out the Callaway balls with 3 lines and I think that was actually messing with me a lot too. I’d like the ball up to what I thought looked correct but then when standing over it the line looked completely wrong so I’d subconsciously pull or push the ball.

I need a lot more practice with my new set up. What are everyone’s favorite putting drills?
I really like the Callaway 3-line balls. Unfortunately, with the way I hit (lose) the ball, they are too pricey an option for me at this time. Once I can hit the ball better and consistent, those are the ones I'll use more often

View attachment 1348238

View attachment 1348236
I bought a cheaper golf notebook, as I've wanted to track a lot of stuff on my game. Will use it Sunday for the 1st time

I really like the Callaway 3-line balls. Unfortunately, with the way I hit (lose) the ball, they are too pricey an option for me at this time. Once I can hit the ball better and consistent, those are the ones I'll use more often
One of the main reasons I got them was because they come in yellow and I was having a hard time losing balls. Maybe it was the cost and fear of losing them but I definitely slowed my swing down, which actually probably helped immensely with my consistency! These are the first new balls I bought in years. I bought a 5 gallon mixed bucket of balls from a kid who collected them from golf courses from Facebook marketplace many years ago and still going through those but wanted to try something else out.

1719500728554.jpeg

IMG_0992.jpeg

Mental wind out there!!!

Finished on 28 stableford points. Winner had 30.

On the 18th my ball stopped on the left side of the green then got blown across the green then over the right side and into a bunker :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom