Harrahs New Orleans NCV THC chip sale (30 Viewers)

What was the 2011 KEM scandal?
So in 2011 it turned out somewhere in the factory actually marked all the low cards on the decks, and they found out when it became obvious under final table lighting. They ended up having to bring in other decks to cover. I dont think they ended up finding out exactly what happened but there’s a few articles/forum posts/videos online discussing. So Pokergurus on eBay actually ended up buying all the overrun from 2011, and also ended up buying all the 2012 wsop decks so a lot of the decks have ended up in collector hands such as mine and there’s reviews on youtube.

KEM is/was owned by USPCC which kept the wsop contact to 2014, but they switched the WSOP cards to Fourniers after that, so 2012-14 are Fourniers.

Ok back to typical posts for TCR threads:

So glad my wallet is safe for this sale saving up for next sale. But god these look so nice just the full THC on everything… vs. my Jacks are only THC on the $1

I feel bad for all those purist who are cringing at all this thread crapping. What a shame they can't appreciate all this good natured juvenile humor. Kudos to Jim for letting us have our fun. It's proof that you can tolerate some stupidity and still manage to sell your goods at the same time.

Jim deserves better... like the empty wallet Asian dude GIF

broke-wallet.gif

or the Ranger saying "I will never financially recover from this!"

Big Cats GIF by NETFLIX

You know the normal shit people post before a chip room sale.
I can't believe that no one posted any of these after your obvious set up.

Geriatric chippers can can scroll past a few sentences without having a stroke... maybe.

@Ben8257 after reading about leaded chips in a TCR thread:
heart-attack-dying.gif

So in 2011 it turned out somewhere in the factory actually marked all the low cards on the decks, and they found out when it became obvious under final table lighting. They ended up having to bring in other decks to cover. I dont think they ended up finding out exactly what happened but there’s a few articles/forum posts/videos online discussing. So Pokergurus on eBay actually ended up buying all the overrun from 2011, and also ended up buying all the 2012 wsop decks so a lot of the decks have ended up in collector hands such as mine and there’s reviews on youtube.

KEM is/was owned by USPCC which kept the wsop contact to 2014, but they switched the WSOP cards to Fourniers after that, so 2012-14 are Fourniers.

Ok back to typical posts for TCR threads:

So glad my wallet is safe for this sale saving up for next sale. But god these look so nice just the full THC on everything… vs. my Jacks are only THC on the $1
I honestly think it was just a bad jet for when they sprayed the coating/urethane on the cards. It affects the lower cards of spades, which means the problem was one section of the large sheet.
I have some sets and it’s only evident with very bright lights, and at an angle:
IMG_4504.jpeg

IMG_4506.jpeg

IMG_4508.jpeg

I honestly think it was just a bad jet for when they sprayed the coating/urethane on the cards. It affects the lower cards of spades, which means the problem was one section of the large sheet.
I have some sets and it’s only evident with very bright lights, and at an angle:
View attachment 1350129
View attachment 1350130
Yeah this is the first time I’ve heard somebody say it was intentional. The narrative I’ve always heard was unfortunate misprint.

My question then would be why switch to Fourniers after the depth of tradition KEMs had until then? I believe up to that point it had always been KEMs before it became a sponsored thing, and then it was Copag in 2006 and then KEMs all the way up to 2011.

The commentary I remember is there was concern it was a security issue so they switched brands

My question then would be why switch to Fourniers after the depth of tradition KEMs had until then? I believe up to that point it had always been KEMs before it became a sponsored thing, and then it was Copag in 2006 and then KEMs all the way up to 2011.

The commentary I remember is there was concern it was a security issue so they switched brands
I don’t think the WSOP picks a card company, I think a card company pays to have their cards pitched at the WSOP.
The WSOP switched cards for the $$.

Overall the price is excellent for these chips. It's not often that hot stamps sell. Especially with different spots.
In general, I would be interested in a limited set of chips. I can remove old hot stamp with minimal clay loss. But considering the price and labor involved, my thoughts go back to CPC. Any chip below the second level is cheaper.

Anyway, thanks Jim for bringing them here!

Are all the T5s in the "cash" set really in as good a condition as they look to be in the photos?

For a normal cash set, $5s are often in the worst condition, but I'm thinking maybe most of the tournaments these were used in must have started with T25, thus the T5s did not get much use. Only thing is, why do the T1s look worse than the T5s?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom