In This Together (3 Viewers)

The last donation thing like this that I can recall went to Moscowradio or whatever his name was. And look how that ended.

I think additional due diligence is in order
Not being around when that took place, I did a little reading and it appears that MoscowRadio was both the cause of the people being out of pocket and also the beneficiary of the donations not the people out of pocket. This isn't what is being proposed as any donations are going to people who are currently out of pocket.

Anyway, @Perthmike I'm still waiting for your Dutch Kickboxer funding Auction. :cool

Let's try to put any suspicions to bed shall we? I'm in no way obligated to provide further information from my end with regards to my credibility but I will. My family and I are no strangers to philanthropic causes. We own a non-profit that was established in 2016 and was responsible for raising well over $500,000 not including four 40 ft containers filled to the rim with humanitarian aid during a refugee crisis. If you like to read up on it, click the link below.

https://www.today.com/parents/letters-refugees-volunteer-effort-sends-hope-love-t107912

Moving forward, thanks to everyone who have already reached out and want to help.

Great community here that this is even being attempted. And kudos to @horseshoez for trying to organize it. I’ll participate either through a donation and/or a sale (got about 2000 faux clays with J5 inlay labels sitting in my closet……)

Anyway, I also see the side of those asking for more time. If poppin has communicated that he lost the money paid to him by “gambling”, why tf is that anyone’s problem but his? The general consensus of him getting off scot free certainly resonates with me as total crap. I’m a bit more of a lurker on the forum but this is bad so just speaking up. Maybe I’m feeling a little guilty also since I bought chips from him, had an issue with one of the refunds (which did get resolved) but posted positive feedback anyway. So there’s that……..full transparency.

-Paul

Great community here that this is even being attempted. And kudos to @horseshoez for trying to organize it. I’ll participate either through a donation and/or a sale (got about 2000 faux clays with J5 inlay labels sitting in my closet……)

Anyway, I also see the side of those asking for more time. If poppin has communicated that he lost the money paid to him by “gambling”, why tf is that anyone’s problem but his? The general consensus of him getting off scot free certainly resonates with me as total crap. I’m a bit more of a lurker on the forum but this is bad so just speaking up. Maybe I’m feeling a little guilty also since I bought chips from him, had an issue with one of the refunds (which did get resolved) but posted positive feedback anyway. So there’s that……..full transparency.

-Paul

Thanks Paul. I agree and I've never argued any of those points whatsoever. Matter of fact, I haven't had to relay anything. He can read all of this as a guest without being logged in. He knows full well this changes nothing on his end and has work to do. Questions flying my way about what is next for Poppin92 won't really get us anywhere.

Let's try to put any suspicions to bed shall we? I'm in no way obligated to provide further information from my end with regards to my credibility but I will. My family and I are no strangers to philanthropic causes. We own a non-profit that was established in 2016 and was responsible for raising well over $500,000 not including four 40 ft containers filled to the rim with humanitarian aid during a refugee crisis. If you like to read up on it, click the link below.

https://www.today.com/parents/letters-refugees-volunteer-effort-sends-hope-love-t107912

Moving forward, thanks to everyone who have already reached out and want to help.

Ah, I also forgot to mention my wife flying over to Greece (home to several refugee camps) multiple times in the same year, putting herself in harms way to distribute the aid to said refugees with her own hands. So if anybody has their hand on their chin and is wondering why I would help spearhead something like this, the answer is; it runs in the family.

@horseshoez has been a member of the community for 2.5 years and I’ve yet to see an ill word spoken about him. The funds received via auctions are public and anybody with a calculator could add up how much was raised and supposed to be sent to affected members.

Many of those who were duped have publicly posted about it on this thread and others and would undoubtedly share their private transactions with you if it made you feel better about contributing. At the end of the day, much if not most of the funds raised will be via auction. You will be getting something in return for your contribution.

If this makes you feel uneasy, don’t send money, do what you always do, buy great chips. What the seller elects to do with the proceeds is up to them.

At the end of the day, if any of us had this happen to us, we’d be thanking our lucky star’s for a member like Zaki.

Now go bid on my d*mn auction.

-Triston

Last edited:
@horseshoez has been a member of the community for 2.5 years and I’ve yet to see an ill word spoken about him. The funds received via auctions are public and anybody with a calculator could add up how much was raised and supposed to be sent to affected members.

Many of those who were duped have publicly posted about it on this thread and others and would undoubtedly share their private transactions with you if it made you feel better about contributing. At the end of the day, much if not most of the funds raised will be via auction. You will be getting something in return for your contribution.

If this makes you feel uneasy, don’t send money, do what you always do, buy great chips. What the seller elects to do with the proceeds is up to them.

At the end of the day, if any of us had this happen to us, we’d be thanking our lucky star’s for a member like Zaki.

Now go bid on my d*mn auction.

-Triston

Full transparency will be used and constant updates given to the community, as was mentioned in the original post, see below.

a fundraising thermometer will show up in this thread that will be updated as we go along. The thermometer will display the goal and how much has been raised then.

If anybody is still uncomfortable in donating, no big deal.

Last by certainly not least, thank you Triston. Appreciate all what you've said. Simply trying to do my share as a member of the community and I sure as hell appreciate what everyone else is doing at the same time.

You heard the man, go bid on his auction.

Thank you Zaki for dealing with the reshipping, problem resolution, and now this effort. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

I plan to contribute to this fund at some point if necessary. However, I too feel like all of the problem resolution avenues (time, pressure, legal, etc) have not been exhausted yet and this fundraising step seems slightly premature. I am not caught up on all of these threads so I will do that and perhaps will get more comfortable. I don't mean to take anything away from all of the effort and kindness that you have put forth here Zaki. You are an ace.

Last edited:
Not being around when that took place, I did a little reading and it appears that MoscowRadio was both the cause of the people being out of pocket and also the beneficiary of the donations not the people out of pocket. This isn't what is being proposed as any donations are going to people who are currently out of pocket.

Anyway, @Perthmike I'm still waiting for your Dutch Kickboxer funding Auction. :cool

I spent a couple months on an island in Thailand and befriended a gigantic Dutchman who was training in Muay Thai. I went to a couple of his local fights around the eastern Thai islands and he crushed against the locals. I still have his contact info:)

If he took my money and I knew for certain who he was. I would be making calls to his place of work, friends and family and letting them know what he has been up to in his new hobby.

If my work, wife or friends got a call from someone reasonable letting them know I scammed people out of $20,000 there would be hell to pay in my life....

If he took my money and I knew for certain who he was. I would be making calls to his place of work, friends and family and letting them know what he has been up to in his new hobby.

If my work, wife or friends got a call from someone reasonable letting them know I scammed people out of $20,000 there would be hell to pay in my life....
If I am not mistaken, didn’t something along these lines occur with the Bosco’s Aces fiasco?

Thank you Zaki for dealing with the reshipping, problem resolution, and now this effort. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

I plan to contribute to this fund at some point if necessary. However, I too feel like all of the problem resolution avenues (time, pressure, legal, etc) have not been exhausted yet and this fundraising step seems slightly premature. I am not caught up on all of these threads so I will do that and perhaps will get more comfortable. I don't mean to take anything away from all of the effort and kindness that you have put forth here Zaki. You are an ace.

Thanks, Evan. I appreciate it. I totally get what you're saying with regards to exhausting other resolution avenues. Running the fundraiser, as mentioned before, doesn't have to mean that we're taking our foot off the gas on the others. It's simply so we can try to expedite the process of recovering some losses while still working on the other options. The problem began at the beginning of May and it started to feel as though we had fewer chances of making people whole, hence kicking off the fundraiser. Was a balancing act, if I may. I'm still actively working on the other avenues from my end and urge others to do the same.

OP has been updated with payment account info. Makes it easier rather than having to give it out on each occasion.

Why don’t you take the funds from the donations and use it to hire this guy to find this scammer and either get your money back or beat him like a piñata full of Snickers?

Attachments

• 147219BD-5FCA-4C94-A55B-85737B343A4E.jpeg
    147219BD-5FCA-4C94-A55B-85737B343A4E.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 80
Could it possibly make more sense for members to donate some money to the charity of their choice rather than try to collect money from members to repay people who tried to buy a luxury item like poker chips with their disposable income? Hopefully anyone buying high end poker chips is using money they don’t need to survive. If I’m not mistaken they were buying chips from a guy who had some prior issues that would advise caution. It’s a shame that these people may be ripped off, we will see. Poopin may still come through for them. My way of thinking is it would do more good for an unaffected member or even a victim to send some money to people who really need it.

Could it possibly make more sense for members to donate some money to the charity of their choice rather than try to collect money from members to repay people who tried to buy a luxury item like poker chips with their disposable income? Hopefully anyone buying high end poker chips is using money they don’t need to survive. If I’m not mistaken they were buying chips from a guy who had some prior issues that would advise caution. It’s a shame that these people may be ripped off, we will see. Poopin may still come through for them. My way of thinking is it would do more good for an unaffected member or even a victim to send some money to people who really need it.
These are legitimate points and with good intent.

That said, I'm auctioning things off for the benefit of folks like @RudysNYC whom are young bucks still finding their way in this hobby that are out lots of money because of this. Having been in his position not too long ago living alone in my 20's while working through paying off living expenses and paying my own way through grad school, I have a pit in my stomach in empathizing how he and those out money must feel.

No one deserves to be scammed out of their hard earned cash, regardless of whether you make $60,000/year or $600,000/year.

So let me get this straight. We are sending money to a random Internet person to make whole people who got ripped off sending money to a random Internet person?
I think the point of this is, that they are actually NOT random internet persons but part of a chipping community who sticks together in times of need.

So let me get this straight. We are sending money to a random Internet person to make whole people who got ripped off sending money to a random Internet person?
Zaki (@horseshoez) is not a "random internet person" he is one of the most active/responsive/collaborative members of PCF. I can appreciate healthy skepticism but these characterizations are not helpful.

active/responsive/collaborative
Same could be said for any of the past rip-off artists of PCF past.

I'm not saying anyone one is, or is not <insert any claim here> but is a single person, on an internet forum, collecting nearly $20k from others on an internet forum, to distribute really a good idea?

I mean, what could go wrong?

Same could be said for any of the past rip-off artists of PCF past.

I'm not saying anyone one is, or is not <insert any claim here> but is a single person, on an internet forum, collecting nearly $20k from others on an internet forum, to distribute really a good idea?

I mean, what could go wrong?

Lol, the same could definitely not be said about ****ing poppin96.

But you might still have a point. IIRC @moscowradio(?) was considered an upstanding member of the community as well, but he still left the forum with a lot of other people's cash.

Edit: language

Last edited:
I totally understand Craig’s concerns guys. I’m not saying be skeptical when dealing with every single person, but given the circumstances it’s a valid concern for anybody to have.

This is one reason why I asked if someone would volunteer to collect on my behalf, therefore giving people peace of mind including my own. Whatever works, provides full transparency, and makes people feel at ease.

Assuming we don’t reach the goal, I was also thinking of having a MTT poker tournament in the near future as a subsidy. Would be good chance to meet everyone, offer some kick ass prizes, and have a good time all in the name of chipping. Just thoughts being shared out loud.

Ah, I also forgot to mention my wife flying over to Greece (home to several refugee camps) multiple times in the same year, putting herself in harms way to distribute the aid to said refugees with her own hands.
Sorry for the derailing comment, but there are NO refugees in Greece.
Only illegal immigrants who may have legally been indeed refugees in their first safe receiving country.

If that safe haven is Egypt, no illegal boats have ever departed from there (to Egypt's credit).
If it's Turkey, that country has tried to weaponise swarms of desperate people against the EU and its first neighbouring nation - Greece..
And it's perfectly safe to help those poor people in illegal immigrants' camps (I have donated most of my family's blankets, sheets and casual clothing). So no harm's way (with the very possible exception of lawlessness and ethnic violence among the poor people in those camps).

The last donation thing like this that I can recall went to Moscowradio or whatever his name was. And look how that ended.

I think additional due diligence is in order

Yeah I got scammed by @MoscowRadio. That hurt, but it wasn't survival money at least. I doubt I will ever be made whole on that. But yes, exercise caution.

Zaki you have my full confidence, but maybe we slow roll this thing see if this shipment comes in and go from there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom