In This Together (4 Viewers)

What?!?!?!? That’s super excessive if you ask me. Like why? I think letting Poopin walk is kinda ridiculous and we the community are paying the price to right his wrong. I don’t think we should necessarily dox the guy, but a significant and thoughtful effort should be made to make everyone whole. I get the guy lives in Denmark, but there’s still a good bit you can do in terms of collecting on the debt. At the very least I’d send all the info I had to the police in his area who could try and do something. $20k is a lot of money so I’d expect it to be taken somewhat seriously especially since it’s a fraud case and it’s international.

The reason that information was posted publicly was due to the volume of people who had been impacted. PMs didn’t even make sense at that point. Bosco stopped responding to PCF messages so people tried to reach him however they could. They found him on LinkdIn and used every means they could to get a hold of him to complete their deals or get their money returned. If someone owed me several grand, that would seem like a reasonable course of action to me.

Why do so many people not want to go to the police? Is there some money laundering going on?
first it was wait - why?
Now it’s cover up for the guy - why?
This is wrong on so many levels

Nobody wants to cover up for anybody, Kevin. People are somewhat skeptical about what sort of progress they can make when living so far away from where the problem originated. It’s very easy to pull the plug on this fundraising process if it rubs too many people the wrong way.

This is how I look at it. Say a couple of my neighbors were victims of a late night theft. Month goes by, nobody has any information and seems like it’s drifting away as each day passes. Now let’s assume my neighbor tells me, “this is a tough pill to swallow and money is tight.” Do I sit there and pat him on the back by saying, “well, sorry for ya buddy” or, do I try and do something with all of the neighbors to help. Food for thought. That’s all.

There hasn't been much open discussion about how people are seeking compensation from the dirt bag. I'm thinking that there are a lot of group PMs amongst those impacted.

I imagine those that got ripped off are pursuing options behind the scenes in terms of contacting authorities and pursuing this through legal channels. As well as other tactics like contacting the dirt bag's employer, coworkers, family members, etc. to exert pressure.

These people have every right to keep it private and quiet. Although, once you start passing a virtual collection dish around asking for thousands of dollars, details need be aired out in the open (as much as possible).

There hasn't been much open discussion about how people are seeking compensation from the dirt bag. I'm thinking that there are a lot of group PMs amongst those impacted.

I imagine those that got ripped off are pursuing options behind the scenes in terms of contacting authorities and pursuing this through legal channels. As well as other tactics like contacting the dirt bag's employer, coworkers, family members, etc. to exert pressure.

These people have every right to keep it private and quiet. Although, once you start passing a virtual collection dish around asking for thousands of dollars, details need be aired out in the open (as much as possible).
Ahhh we better keep this quiet just in case poppin didn’t rip everybody off. Got it.
Seems like that’s really what got us here, people afraid to share information

We’ve got like 20 people across almost as many jurisdictions; as much as I’d love this to be the town of Mayberry, the “local police” are worthless.

plus, to put it mildly, European countries are pretty terrible at the whole “restitution” thing lmfao
This isn’t true. There was a scammer on another forum I visit that was in Norway or Denmark, I forgot. They notified the local police and provided ample evidence and they knocked on his door. The situation was resolved and people were made whole.

This isn’t true. There was a scammer on another forum I visit that was in Norway or Denmark, I forgot. They notified the local police and they knocked on his door. The situation was resolved and people were made whole.
But that’s hard

I'd probably expect a better response from Dutch police than American police. Though to be fair they seem fairly useless wherever you live.

They are pretty good here, especially when you drive slightly too fast, then they are all over you. Not so much when you report a real crime.

nobody has any information and seems like it’s drifting away as each day passes.
But this situation is different, no?

Don't folks have the perp's:

Full name
Address
Documentation of payments
Documented admission of guilt
Employer
LinkedIn contacts of dirt bag
Local PCFer who has met this jack ass who has offered to help
Etc

Seems like there is plenty of info to pursue here. If I got ripped off, throwing my hands up in the air because it's a different country and may be a bit difficult wouldn't cross my mind.

I would make it a priority to make sure this asshole faced some type of consequence.

But this situation is different, no?

Don't folks have the perp's:

Full name
Address
Employer
Local PCFer who has met this jack ass who has offered to help
Etc

Seems like there is plenty of info to pursue here. If I got ripped off, throwing my hands up in the air because it's a different country and may be a bit difficult wouldn't cross my mind.

I would make it a priority to make sure this asshole faced some type of consequence.
If this is the info that someone has, it’s more than enough to prompt action from local police.

Full name
Address

Employer
Local PCFer who has met this jack ass who has offered to help (?)

Crossed off what information is available. What isn't crossed off either hasn't been confirmed or is incomplete or lacks follow-up.

Full name
Address

Employer

Crossed off what information is available. What isn't crossed off either hasn't been confirmed or is incomplete or lacks follow-up.
Wait - we are collecting money for people that can’t prove they paid any?

By all means this should be a priority

I’m kinda positive but maybe not but maybe I think I remember I bought a bunch of stuff from him......

Wait - we are collecting money for people that can’t prove they paid any?

By all means this should be a priority

I’m kinda positive but maybe not but maybe I think I remember I bought a bunch of stuff from him......

No, what I crossed off the info that IS available. People have been sending in screenshots proving they paid.

No, what I crossed off the info that IS available. People have been sending in screenshots proving they paid.
Ahh sorry. Odds are probably good that if you called the local police they would know exactly who you are talking about and where he lives.
He’s done this before locally you can bet.

Sorry for all the posts, it’s just crazy how this is being handled - or at least what we see.

Thinking a bit more in this - I’d find his parents, no matter how old he is. I think they would make sure this got made right if he’s a native.

I'd probably expect a better response from Dutch police than American police. Though to be fair they seem fairly useless wherever you live.

They are pretty good here, especially when you drive slightly too fast, then they are all over you. Not so much when you report a real crime.

Full name
Address

Employer

This guy was pretty active in the classified. His address should be known? Many people mailed him stuff and received packages from him as well. Mailing address (if just po box) would still be useful to track him down. Even phone number - someone mentioned texting him. People sending him packages would have had to fill out customs forms.

A PCFer mentioned he met poppin at the dirt bag's house. Not sure which of the related threads this was noted.

I believe it was @Lemonzest who knows his LinkedIn profile - so employer and coworkers can be contacted. Poppin likely has social media (FB, IG, etc) that can be used to find friends and family.

Nah, let’s not track this guy down that ripped everyone off, let’s just give someone else money to give to the people that got ripped off.

How amazing would it be if this Horseshoez guy was the same guy as the original rip off artist? It’s like the script for The Italian Job 2.

What's his full name so we can start digging shit up?

Is there a database for criminal charges in the country he is from?

Nah, let’s not track this guy down that ripped everyone off, let’s just give someone else money to give to the people that got ripped off.

How amazing would it be if this Horseshoez guy was the same guy as the original rip off artist? It’s like the script for The Italian Job 2.

Please tell me you're kidding. I've got a great sense of humor, ask any of these members. Trying to understand if I should laugh here or take that comment seriously.

This entire thread.

2E606247-8249-4D4A-B936-EB7615F42125.gif

This guy was pretty active in the classified. His address should be known? Many people mailed him stuff and received packages from him as well. Mailing address (if just po box) would still be useful to track him down. Even phone number - someone mentioned texting him. People sending him packages would have had to fill out customs forms.

A PCFer mentioned he met poppin at the dirt bag's house. Not sure which of the related threads this was noted.

I believe it was @Lemonzest who knows his LinkedIn profile - so employer and coworkers can be contacted. Poppin likely has social media (FB, IG, etc) that can be used to find friends and family.

The only address on file for anybody that shipped that direction is the mailbox address.

If a PCFer has met this Poppin guy in person (at his home address too?) and another PCFer claims to have his LinkedIn profile... why haven't these two compared notes/photos to confirm that the LinkinIn profile is indeed the correct one?

That would give us all the information we need to calmly and professional contact everyone in this person's life to let them know what he did. It would HOPEFULLY cause enough friction/guilt/shame to force them to pay what is owed.

From my end, this is the bare MINIMUM I would expect anyone who is out $2000 to do to try and get their money back.

I would also contact the local police and at the very least make a police report detailling what happened.

Can someone please tell me why this hasn't been done?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom