SOLD Indiana Grand Sale Thread (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, hopefully mine look better after a thorough cleaning, but I’m not particularly optimistic. Oh well, ya win some, ya lose some. I’m sure there’ll be plenty of great condition racks up for grabs sooner or later.

This is exactly the line up I was going for.
Those 1s are hot. And the 100s pop.

6il911.jpg

Went through and cherry picked my couple of 5s racks. This was the worst barrel I could put together, with the worst sides showing. Seems like others got chips that looked like this on the whole?

View attachment 923585
Yeah people definitely got chips on par with that or worse for the entire order. I’d say mine were moderately worse than that for all 700 chips, but not majorly worse. Kinda suprising the differences in wear considering they all came from the reserve.

Yeah people definitely got chips on par with that or worse for the entire order. I’d say mine were moderately worse than that for all 700 chips, but not majorly worse. Kinda suprising the differences in wear considering they all came from the reserve.
I thought I remember Jim mentioned that some of the primaries had been put into rotation once and switched out so the reason for the variation in condition. Found it.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/life-is-grand.89232/post-1847453

1654367313000.png

I thought I remember Jim mentioned that some of the primaries had been put into rotation once and switched out so the reason for the variation in condition. Found it.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/life-is-grand.89232/post-1847453

View attachment 923636
Gotcha with that in mind it makes sense why some are somewhat worn since they were prolly the chips played and then taken out. Lowers my hope for the other chips though since they’ll have been in play for 2 years and will likely show heavy wear.

I wonder if anyone is keeping their chips?? The flip on these was horrendous. And from what I see in the threads includes people that have commented on the prices I asked for chips.......:unsure::unsure:
I'm keeping most. I think I mentioned this already, but I bought more than I wanted specifically to ensure I got two racks of snappers for my set. Once I've settled on what I want to keep, I'm selling the rest.

I'll bet I'm far from the only person who did this.

I'm keeping most. I think I mentioned this already, but I bought more than I wanted specifically to ensure I got two racks of snappers for my set. Once I've settled on what I want to keep, I'm selling the rest.

Yep that’s what I was doing except I wanted to sort the $5’s. Couldn’t sort them because condition was all the same and sold the leftovers.

After reading through the last couple pages of this thread, I'm pretty sure I hit the $5 primary lottery.

Most of mine are a little dirty and need a cleaning, but they're all sharp and have next to zero wear - about as close to minty as played chips get.

Also, I only had 36/600 GOs (6%).
I’ve come to the conclusion that the people getting < 10% GO got the least work chips and people who got more than that got chips that saw play. I suspect that this was because they put a lot of the $5 GO chips into play.

I’ve come to the conclusion that the people getting < 10% GO got the least work chips and people who got more than that got chips that saw play. I suspect that this was because they put a lot of the $5 GO chips into play.
Doubt that because @WhiteMamba1646 had a bunch of GO chips and his racks looked Pretty good condition

same boat here, I ordered a bunch in order to be able to get two racks of snappers and a rack of $1k. As I wasn’t sure which $1, $25 and $100 I wanted to go with, I ordered both. I may keep both $1s in any case.

The only thing I could see changing my plans is if my primary $5s are all in rough condition. In that case, I could see myself unloading them - slightly used with sharp edges I can deal with, but more than that, esp. when mixed in with better condition chips? No thanks.

After reading through the last couple pages of this thread, I'm pretty sure I hit the $5 primary lottery.

Most of mine are a little dirty and need a cleaning, but they're all sharp and have next to zero wear - about as close to minty as played chips get.

Also, I only had 36/600 GOs (6%).
Sheesh, I had 41 out of 142

Glad to see everyone seems to love secondary $1s. I think they’re my least favorite in the set after my junker primary $5s. Something about the colors just isn’t doing it for me. Maybe I can trade ‘em for some decent $5s, lol.

Sorry to see some folks didn't get the condition they were hoping for.

Having gotten a minty IG sample set and a well-worn set of Majestic Star CNY commemoratives, I can say I prefer worn RHC to minty RHC. Minty RHC feels like an inferior THC, whereas worn RHC feels like a superior china clay. So I prefer the chip that feels like it exceeds low standards rather than the one that feels like it fails to meet high standards.

Wow, this was some shocking crap to read:
I can say I prefer worn RHC to minty RHC.

But this is 100% truth:
Minty RHC feels like an inferior THC, whereas worn RHC feels like a superior china clay.

I just can't agree with your conclusion. I'll take the minty RCHs, then the worn RHCs, then anything else in the world made of clay or plastic, then finally those chips made from whatever's in the trash heap today (from old carpet to used insulation, to those winner tshirts they print for the team that ends up losing,) China Clays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom