InviteTracker

Resource InviteTracker (2 Viewers)

When I tap it, it keeps saying "send now" it never toggles back to blank. There are of course two other options to select in the drop down box, if I select either of those the same result.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240801-010731_Sheets.jpg
    Screenshot_20240801-010731_Sheets.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 31
I don't recall if I typed it or if it populated from the guest list. I did delete that email address from the "To" field and attempted to send again. No change

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240801-012740_Sheets.jpg
    Screenshot_20240801-012740_Sheets.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 24
I don't recall if I typed it or if it populated from the guest list. I did delete that email address from the "To" field and attempted to send again. No change
On the MsgSend tab try using the "Add/Rem All -> Clear All" and once that's executed "Add Name -> (pick from list)" and see if that works.

I did exactly so, no change.
If I understand correctly, when I tap "send now" that field should then turn blank and I should receive txt/ email notification with the link to open the Google sheet?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240801-015805_Sheets.jpg
    Screenshot_20240801-015805_Sheets.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 23
Sounds like you did t set up the automation. Did you follow all the steps in the ReadMe tab?

I'm pretty sure I did. I'll delete everything and start from the top with a fresh sheet. Thanks for the help guys.

Hi I just wanted to say thanks for creating and maintaining this resource!

I've read through the manual, and am starting to set it up. I'm getting verified with twilio as we speak.

Hopefully it all goes smoothly!

Sorry. I meant to say send now. What happens when you do that?
It works for me! but not for the cell phone, I get the email just fine. But I haven't received any text, do I have to add a +1 for US phone numbers? I didn't touch the SMS GATEWAY column because the manual said I only needed to edit NAME , EMAIL , and CELL PHONE

It works for me! but not for the cell phone, I get the email just fine. But I haven't received any text, do I have to add a +1 for US phone numbers? I didn't touch the SMS GATEWAY column because the manual said I only needed to edit NAME , EMAIL , and CELL PHONE
The manual may need updating. SMS gateway should be the sms gateway to the carrier of each number.

The manual may need updating. SMS gateway should be the sms gateway to the carrier of each number.
Is that something I should click on my own? For example ask my buddies which carriers they have?
I know my own number is correct, and I’ve made sure the gateway is mine (ATT), and also tried with and without the country code (+1) to no avail

Couple things may be going on here.
First, the use of sms gateways is not very reliable. I’ve seen messages get delayed by days and sometimes not delivered at all.

Second the sms gateway is unique to each carrier so you need to check each number. There are web sites that let you do that without having to ask your friends.

You do not need to add a +1

Brother, you and me both!
I tried for a month every few days to send an invite using txt ensuring I had the correct MMS gateway to no avail. I have no intentions of paying and/ or using twilio so that leaves me to use email which is a pain in the ass because it seems anyone under the age of 40 does know how to use email lol.

This works except the emails are automatically going to "trash" not spam folder but into the trash folder and I do not know how to get it to go to inbox.

Brother, you and me both!
I tried for a month every few days to send an invite using txt ensuring I had the correct MMS gateway to no avail. I have no intentions of paying and/ or using twilio so that leaves me to use email which is a pain in the ass because it seems anyone under the age of 40 does know how to use email lol.

This works except the emails are automatically going to "trash" not spam folder but into the trash folder and I do not know how to get it to go to inbox.
Just a reminder that if you use an iPhone or iPad you have another option.

What is this other option?

I'm in the process of sending out texts now and all is working for me so far but the mms gateways are definitely unreliable
You can use the Siri Shortcut I created. It lets you send emails and texts directly from your phone instead of relying on sms gateways. Super reliable and the message comes from you instead of a cryptic address.

Down side is it only works with iOS

You can use the Siri Shortcut I created. It lets you send emails and texts directly from your phone instead of relying on sms gateways. Super reliable and the message comes from you instead of a cryptic address.

Down side is it only works with iOS
Oh! I didn't see that awesome feature!! looking into it now :)

Takes a little getting used to because you have to work in both places (google sheet and iPhone). But once you do it’s great. That’s all I use now.

Okay, so had some trouble installing on the iPhone but figured it out eventually. Had to use Safari to install as the "Install shortcut" link wasn't working from within the Brave browser.

Even better, I discovered the shortcut works perfectly in OSX on the Macbook as well! So probably will just run it from the laptop. I didn't use the personal link tonight so this might be fixed now but when I first set this up and tested on a few people, those on Verizon weren't getting clickable links in the texts (send via mms gateway) but AT&T people were. Any thoughts on that?

those on Verizon weren't getting clickable links in the texts (send via mms gateway) but AT&T people were. Any thoughts on that?
That’s usually the difference between choosing mms vs sms gateways. Your results may vary between carriers but att and Verizon should both be capable of that.

Ok, so a couple wrinkles!

Wrinkle #1

Error 30007 with Verizon. I see you had the same problem Al, I submitted ticket with Twilio

Wrinkle #2
When people update their status, I see the change in the Web Log, but it is not reflected on the Guest tab or the dashboard. Hmmm

Wrinkle #1

Error 30007 with Verizon. I see you had the same problem Al, I submitted ticket with Twilio
Assuming it’s the same issue what helped in my case is I sent them three sample messages. That helped them determine that they were false positives and they made adjustments on their side.

Ok, looks like we have ourselves a little undocumented bug. I just added your phone number with a leading single quote (') to the Status Change Recipients field in Settings and it should work. Give it a try and let me know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom