SOLD Jack Cincinnati Sale (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally three or four people including Jim himself now have misread this like I am trying to scam chips.

Gonna be impossible to get a nice little set I just want
$1 - 150chips
$5 - 100Chips
$25 - 20Chips
$100 - 20Chips
$500 - 10Chips

This makes me sad lol goodluck everyone me and my old computer will be sitting this one out
If you are looking for used, you should be able to score your set after the 1st hour.

Gonna be impossible to get a nice little set I just want
$1 - 150chips
$5 - 100Chips
$25 - 20Chips
$100 - 20Chips
$500 - 10Chips

This makes me sad lol goodluck everyone me and my old computer will be sitting this one out
??? This is not even close to impossible. You're only 140 chips short of the total you need to get 150 $1s. 66 of that can be $2 & $2.50 chips that you will EASILY sell afterwards. Add less than $60 for 74 used $5s & $25s and you are there!

Edit: You could even cut this down to 130 extra.

??? This is not even close to impossible. You're only 140 chips short of the total you need to get 150 $1s. 66 of that can be $2 & $2.50 chips that you will EASILY sell afterwards. Add less than $60 for 74 used $5s & $25s and you are there!
Maybe there's a mental block for buying chips you don't need b/c they might not sell? I had that with the first TCR sale; never again.

If I place my initial order meeting all conditions correctly and then place an order 59 minutes after the sale starts for extras of a particular denomination, would this invalidate my initial order or would the second order just be cancelled?

or put another way - will there be a new link to buy after the 1 hour period, or will a new link go live?

If I place my initial order meeting all conditions correctly and then place an order 59 minutes after the sale starts for extras of a particular denomination, would this invalidate my initial order or would the second order just be cancelled?

or put another way - will there be a new link to buy after the 1 hour period, or will a new link go live?

There will not be any new links. Only orders placed within the first hour have to meet the restrictions. Any additional orders after the first hour are not considered.

There will not be any new links. Only orders placed within the first hour have to meet the restrictions. Any additional orders after the first hour are not considered.
That's right. As long as your first order meets the minimums, it will be honored. if you try to order within the first hour and additional order that does not, I would assume that that one would be canceled. However after 1 hour, any additional orders should be honored and Jim should combine shipping.

This will be my first set and I would like to run cash games and 20 man tournaments. How does this breakdown look? Also it is worth the extra pesos to get the secondary chips?

1616183567739.png

This will be my first set and I would like to run cash games and 20 man tournaments. How does this breakdown look? Also it is worth the extra pesos to get the secondary chips?

View attachment 659174

I would go for some more $25s and some less $1s. If you plan to play tournaments the $25s would be more your workhorse chip than the $1s.

They (mint chips) seem more volatile in terms of their resale value. Some double in price at auction, some will go for substantially less. Used chips on the other hand seem to generally sell in the marketplace for closer to what you’d buy them for here.

Probably because used chips (1s, 5s, 25s and 100s in particular) are mostly work horse chips to build playable sets and people will just turn to another set of prices are too bloated whereas mint chips are coveted by collectors with deep pockets where supply/demand is based on really subtle preference for edge spots, branding etc that are hard to predict.

I think it is almost always worth the extra money to get mint chips!
Another thing I don't see the value of. I prefer used as they're cheaper and I can *get more. I use my chips (when we're not in isolation due to pandemic) but we don't play often, and shuffling/handling used chips are way better than new ones. It is a bit boring to clean them but meh.
I can see why the hoarders here prefer mint, but if you're ever gonna use them - why?

Last edited:
There are tons of things in life that people spend crazy amounts on that have no real utility AND depreciate immediately after you buy them. These chips if nothing else seem to hold their value and often appreciate. I’m more confused by people who finance a 30-50k car with a net worth of less than 100k.

If someone can get me a rack of 1k pri, I will get them a rack of snappers (both at our costs). Let me know if you are interested.

Edit: You could even cut this down to 130 extra.
I’d chip in and purchase the $2s upfront in that order

So It’s been a while since I’ve done a TCR sale. Maybe even since the blue boards. I don’t think there were limits then

So I have quantified exactly what I want and it meets all the percentage ratios. If I enter them and try to buy but something sells out, do I redo all my ratios and quantities? I’m thinking if I don’t get it all in one shot then I’m SOL.

So It’s been a while since I’ve done a TCR sale. Maybe even since the blue boards. I don’t think there were limits then

So I have quantified exactly what I want and it meets all the percentage ratios. If I enter them and try to buy but something sells out, do I redo all my ratios and quantities? I’m thinking if I don’t get it all in one shot then I’m SOL.
This will be my first TCR sale, but from reading other posts people encourage having a backup plan already in mind especially if you are going after the more popular chips.

If I enter them and try to buy but something sells out, do I redo all my ratios and quantities? I’m thinking if I don’t get it all in one shot then I’m SOL.

Probably true that you only get one shot, unless you are mainly going after the used primaries and the more common denoms, and/or are only trying for small quantities.

The snappers go perfectly with my planned relabel project so I’m ready to pay $310 upfront if someone can secure a rack or two.

PM me if you can help out, friends. I’m ready to drop 2k in pursuit of 200 clay discs but I’d really rather just pay a premium for the ones I need :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom