Life is Grand! (7 Viewers)

I really dont want to get my hope's up, just to be crushed with disappointment.
Maybe TCR sales aren't for you then. Sometimes there is a ton of inventory, sometimes there is a fair amount of chips so no issue. No way to know until the sale happens.

A separate sales thread will be posted with date/time and costs.

So I'm new to chipping, and this will be my first sale. Any tips, tricks or things to know. I would be looking for a tournament set, I would say between 500-700 chips. Am I dreaming or is this attainable. I really dont want to get my hope's up, just to be crushed with disappointment. Will they announce the date and time of the sale or will it just be a surprise???
Get an idea of what you want, which you already do. So that’s a great start there.

Sooner or later, preceding the actual sale, Jim from TCR will post up pictures of the chips for sale. He’ll outline limits and minimum requirements to buy and the date on which it will happen.

You aren’t dreaming and sets of Paulsons are definitely attainable. Getting chips from Jim’s sales has been pretty luck of the draw, in my experience. You need to be ready to click quickly, in his sales thread and have your PayPal open, in a separate window, have your counts memorized and where the links are etc etc.

Sadly, no matter what I tell ya, crushed with disappointment has been the result for me, personally, except for HSIs. I got a set in that sale, and those came in drums also, so here’s to hoping.

So I'm new to chipping, and this will be my first sale. Any tips, tricks or things to know. I would be looking for a tournament set, I would say between 500-700 chips. Am I dreaming or is this attainable. I really dont want to get my hope's up, just to be crushed with disappointment. Will they announce the date and time of the sale or will it just be a surprise???
Sometimes Jim sells pre-made tournament setups. Whichever way this goes, you could buy the chips you want, and if you miss out on others, you can buy them from members in classifieds. Either way, you’ll get them…it’s just a matter of how much you’ll spend.

Jim will announce before when chips will go on sale. There will be a set time and depending on the chip, some quantity limits. Look at some of his previous sales here:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/forums/the-chip-room.21/

and you will see how these are run.

Brace yourself, be quick on the refresh button and have backup ideas in mind if your first choices are already taken.

[EDIT] - two specific recent examples:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/jack-cincinnati-sale.70695/

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/jack-cincinnati-summer-sale-new-set-added.76695/

Maybe TCR sales aren't for you then. Sometimes there is a ton of inventory, sometimes there is a fair amount of chips so no issue. No way to know until the sale happens.

A separate sales thread will be posted with date/time and costs.

Get an idea of what you want, which you already do. So that’s a great start there.

Sooner or later, preceding the actual sale, Jim from TCR will post up pictures of the chips for sale. He’ll outline limits and minimum requirements to buy and the date on which it will happen.

You aren’t dreaming and sets of Paulsons are definitely attainable. Getting chips from Jim’s sales has been pretty luck of the draw, in my experience. You need to be ready to click quickly, in his sales thread and have your PayPal open, in a separate window, have your counts memorized and where the links are etc etc.

Sadly, no matter what I tell ya, crushed with disappointment has been the result for me, personally, except for HSIs. I got a set in that sale, and those came in drums also, so here’s to hoping.

Sometimes Jim sells pre-made tournament setups. Whichever way this goes, you could buy the chips you want, and if you miss out on others, you can buy them from members in classifieds. Either way, you’ll get them…it’s just a matter of how much you’ll spend.
Thanks for all the great information really appreciate the help. Looks like its gonna be a great learning experience. Hopefully it all works out

Just got home, opened 1 barrel. It said primary reserve on the outside. This is what I found, hopefully there are more...
These are new!

Attachments

• 20220503_190431.jpg
    20220503_190431.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 879
  • 20220503_190441.jpg
    20220503_190441.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 869
Crap, I knew it was too quiet for months. I should have known something was in the works. :LOL: :laugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom