Vendor Sale Made-to-order Custom Table Toppers (13 Viewers)

Hi @aaron2786 ! I’m loving your designs. I was wondering if you would be gracious enough to help me design a topper for my ESPN barrington table. :) I currently have Jack Cincinnati chips and we replaced the lighting to blue. (See pic)

Do you think you could design something similar to the attached post for me that would match the our current blue lighting?
Send me a pm

I have a question. I have two toppers. Can the toppers be rolled together or should I keep them in a separate roll. This is so I can just use one bag for both toppers.

Any recommendations for topper storage? Which bags/tubes/etc do you store your rolled up toppers in?

I have a couple of these. Very nice quality. 36" x 5" x 5"

https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-92cmX..._=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m&tag=pokchifor0d-20

1701120214140.png

I have a racetrack table with a 70" x 26" playing area (currently covered in speed cloth). This center playing area is attached to the table itself, along with the table legs. The racetrack and rail are a separate piece that sits on top of the table, fitting around the playing surface. The playing surface is higher than the racetrack surface because of the closed cell foam and speedcloth.

For a while now, I have been thinking about ordering a custom topper, but adding an extra 1-inch or 1-1/2 inches to every dimension so that the overlap would get "tucked in" when the racetrack/rail piece is lowered onto the table. Which I believe would keep the topper secure.

Do you think something like this would work? Has anyone done something like this before? I would love to be able to swap out the topper depending on the chip set that is in play. But my main concern is that there could be air gaps in the playing surface because it's not physically attached to the table.

1701194140968.png

Last edited:
I have a racetrack table with a 70" x 44" playing area (currently covered in speed cloth). This center playing area is attached to the table itself, along with the table legs. The racetrack and rail are a separate piece that sits on top of the table, fitting around the playing surface. The playing surface is higher than the racetrack surface because of the closed cell foam and speedcloth.

For a while now, I have been thinking about ordering a custom topper, but adding an extra 1-inch or 1-1/2 inches to every dimension so that the overlap would get "tucked in" when the racetrack/rail piece is lowered onto the table. Which I believe would keep the topper secure.

Do you think something like this would work? Has anyone done something like this before? I would love to be able to swap out the topper depending on the chip set that is in play. But my main concern is that there could be air gaps in the playing surface because it's not physically attached to the table.

View attachment 1231400
Just to make sure i understand, you're saying the entire wooden racetrack and rail lifts up so you could tuck the excess of the topper under the racetrack part? My biggest concern would be if it's too tight of a fit for the racetrack to be able to fit over the playing area once you add the topper thickness on all 4 sides. Given a 2mm thickness you'd be looking at 8mm of wiggle room necessary if I'm understanding right

Just to make sure i understand, you're saying the entire wooden racetrack and rail lifts up so you could tuck the excess of the topper under the racetrack part? My biggest concern would be if it's too tight of a fit for the racetrack to be able to fit over the playing area once you add the topper thickness on all 4 sides. Given a 2mm thickness you'd be looking at 8mm of wiggle room necessary if I'm understanding right

Yes, the racetrack and rail are connected with bolts, and are a separate piece. The table itself is connected to the playing surface from underneath with bolts.

I'm not quite as concerned about having room to fit the 2mm thick topper, mainly because I could just sand the inside of the racetrack oval until it fits snugly again.

I keep the table in two separate pieces because it's so damn heavy when attached. And I don't need to physically attach the racetrack to the table bottom because the playing surface and cupholders keep it from shifting around.

Last edited:
I have a racetrack table with a 70" x 44" playing area (currently covered in speed cloth). This center playing area is attached to the table itself, along with the table legs. The racetrack and rail are a separate piece that sits on top of the table, fitting around the playing surface. The playing surface is higher than the racetrack surface because of the closed cell foam and speedcloth.

View attachment 1231400

The back of the topper is a grippy rubber which holds it in place pretty well. I use one on my Gorilla gaming suede and it doesn’t move at all, but I don’t have a racetrack like that - they are more “perfect fit” right up to the rail. I think you’d probably be fine.

Yes, the racetrack and rail are connected with bolts, and are a separate piece. The table itself is connected to the playing surface from underneath with bolts.

I'm not quite as concerned about having room to fit the 2mm thick topper, mainly because I could just sand the inside of the racetrack oval until it fits snugly again.

I keep the table in two separate pieces because it's so damn heavy when attached. And I don't need to physically attach the racetrack to the table bottom because the playing surface and cupholders keep it from shifting around.
In this case I think it should work. We play with it on top of the original Barrington padding/felt all the time and never really have issues with it moving or air bubbles or what not. It might make sense to err on making the first one bigger than you think you need since you can always trim the topper down if needed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom