My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (18 Viewers)

have you considered a chiropractor? if it is structural, which it sounds like it almost certainly is, all the muscle relaxers and steroids in the world arent going to do a thing.

have you considered a chiropractor? if it is structural, which it sounds like it almost certainly is, all the muscle relaxers and steroids in the world arent going to do a thing.

The doctor recommended Tampa Health Centers and they have a Chiro department, going to be reaching out to them today to see what my options are. She did do an xray and said everything looked good on that

The doctor recommended Tampa Health Centers and they have a Chiro department, going to be reaching out to them today to see what my options are. She did do an xray and said everything looked good on that

right but an x-ray isn't going to pick up a herniated disc, you would need an MRI for that.

I had a bout with bad sciatica many years ago, I feel for you it is miserable. but my back still goes out from time to time, I have a disc that is prone to pop out and pinch the nerve. the chiro can always fix it quickly (though they try to get their hooks in you permanently) and he showed me a number of stretches that I can usually use to fix it myself. bad backs suck. good luck today.

I feel ya Anthony - Sciatica is the worst. Chiro didn't work for me but it did for my wife. She is susceptible to placido effects so take that that for what its worth.

What I have learned is that when I have a flare up I hit the steroid pack IMMEDIATLEY. that usually clears it up in two days. Otherwise it lingers for a couple weeks or worse. They key is to get the steroid going quickly. Normally I'm the kind of person who wants to tough it out for a week or so but that has proved counter productive.

Good luck recovering and I hope you feel better soon.

Anyone but a chiro. Physio or osteopath ftw

I know Chiros get a bad rap, and I am skeptical by nature, but they do good work on basic adjustments, and sometimes that is all you need. They can get a little too quacky beyond that, and they WILL try to get you hooked as a permanent customer.

Reminds me of a joke my FIL likes to tell. How do you spell chiropractor? T-H-I-E-F

I feel ya Anthony - Sciatica is the worst. Chiro didn't work for me but it did for my wife. She is susceptible to placido effects so take that that for what its worth.

What I have learned is that when I have a flare up I hit the steroid pack IMMEDIATLEY. that usually clears it up in two days. Otherwise it lingers for a couple weeks or worse. They key is to get the steroid going quickly. Normally I'm the kind of person who wants to tough it out for a week or so but that has proved counter productive.

Good luck recovering and I hope you feel better soon.

sounds likely that your problem is muscular and your wife's is/was structural? hence the differing effective treatments.

anyway I'm derailing. I just have way too much experience with back pain lol.

I know Chiros get a bad rap, and I am skeptical by nature, but they do good work on basic adjustments, and sometimes that is all you need. They can get a little too quacky beyond that, and they WILL try to get you hooked as a permanent customer.

Reminds me of a joke my FIL likes to tell. How do you spell chiropractor? T-H-I-E-F
Adjustments do work, but from my experience back pain is caused by underlying issues and a chiro just doesn't seem to want to resolve them. It seems like a short-term fix compared to the other options.

And it doesn't help that the guy that founded chiro was a total fraud.

My wife says it's all the hours sitting down and the drug was likely Toradol. Best of luck with your recovery.

Yes, Toradol is what it was!

And yes, it's all the sitting, poker tables and playing games at my computer

Just gotta keep up with my gym visits and adjust my diet a bit

Yes, Toradol is what it was!

And yes, it's all the sitting, poker tables and playing games at my computer

Just gotta keep up with my gym visits and adjust my diet a bit
I know it's not an option in the card room, but have you considered a standing desk at home? That might help by reducing the time you spend on your butt every day.

How about taking up yoga and playing online?

E53F160D-EBA9-4239-A678-9540EFFD493C.jpeg

I feel ur pain. I deal with sciatica all the time. It’s horrible. I am the opposite of u - I can’t stand up For long periods of time. Sitting and lying in bed (On my side) is generally ok - I have L4/L5 issues. When it gets bad enough I go to the back doc for a cortisone shot (in my back). I have been told I am at the limit with those and back surgery is on the horizon. A couple things, believe it or not I have found that moving around helps. I play a lot of golf (golf swing does NOT help by the way! But walking around does). I have also been told that The elliptical is bad for sciatica so I typically opt for the treadmill. Never tried a chiropractor. Always went to the back doc.

I feel ur pain. I deal with sciatica all the time. It’s horrible. I am the opposite of u - I can’t stand up For long periods of time. Sitting and lying in bed (On my side) is generally ok - I have L4/L5 issues. When it gets bad enough I go to the back doc for a cortisone shot (in my back). I have been told I am at the limit with those and back surgery is on the horizon. A couple things, believe it or not I have found that moving around helps. I play a lot of golf (golf swing does NOT help by the way! But walking around does). I have also been told that The elliptical is bad for sciatica so I typically opt for the treadmill. Never tried a chiropractor. Always went to the back doc.

When it initially hit me a few months back, walking definitely helped a LOT. This time around it's less effective, because it seems to be a pinched nerve issue that is impacted by pressure applied when I sit or lie down, regardless of how I position myself.

Standing and moving takes that pressure away, but it hasn't seemed to resolve the issue yet. But planning to use the gym daily and see how it goes. I've read the opposite for sciatica, that treadmills produce more impact on your feet, causing more pain than using an elliptical which doesn't have that pounding/jarring impact to it and also has me moving my upper body more than I likely would on a treadmill, so I get a better range of motion.

I'm sure different pain centers require different approaches, but sorry to hear that you may have to resort to surgery :(

If you need back surgery, a chiro isn't going to help much.

Are you looking at discectomy and L4-L5 fusion?

Just an update on the Cubans. Spoke to another player who stated he was informed the way they marked the cards was to use their nails to mark the edges in positions on the cards that denoted the value of the card. So based on where the card was marked they could determine if it was a King, a deuce, etc. So that appears to be what to watch for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom