My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (16 Viewers)

What's the over/under on # of weeks before the police raid?

I honestly question if they'll have issues.

Many rooms in Houston are doing it, and I imagine Austin rooms don't want to call attention to it.

They aren't being materially impacted by the room which gets 1 table, and the negative press and increased scrutiny of a raid would likely hurt them more

I wasn't thinking about the competition, so much as a disgruntled customer or employee...

Always a risk, although with them not bringing in much $$$ cops may view it as not worth their time

When they raided Watauga Social they waited until the final day of a big yourney when there was a ton of $$$ for them to seize

It's been 7+ months since I've put out a vlog.

I had been putting out a weekly vlog for over a year. It'll take me anywhere from 1.5-2 days of editing (not full days, but enough as I can stand each day) to make one vlog. So I'd be spending 6-8 days of my time each month and Youtube was only giving me under $100 in revenue from the channel.

To top it all off, there's a lot of vloggers out there cheating the system. Fake subscribers and views, bots, etc to make themselves appear more popular than they really are (I'm looking at you WolfGang Poker!) So it was further discouraging to put the work in and watch people gaming the system and faking it til they make it.

But I've had a lot of new people finding the channel, and others who watch seeing me here in Austin saying they miss the content.

I have over 2500 subscribers on the channel, and a lot of the other PLO vloggers disappeared too, not many making content these days.

I still have months of backlog worth of footage from awhile back I can make content out of, and just recently started filming again.

I'm going to put together three full vlogs and accompanying shorts to go with them ahead of time, so I've got a 3-week content cushion and won't feel as much pressure to get content ready as I previously did. Should start uploading again in 1.5-2 weeks I believe.

In addition, just made a new vlog intro clip:

Looking forward to get back into content production and see if I can't grow this channel into something worth all the effort that goes into making the content.

sorry if i'm out of the loop, but i enjoyed your vlogs. are you still playing?

sorry if i'm out of the loop, but i enjoyed your vlogs. are you still playing?

I am, but had spent a lot of effort trying to work in the industry, but having to deal with owners and GM's who didn't know what they were doing and wouldn't listen to advice, so ultimately the clubs failed

I am starting to vlog current sessions again, but have a ton of older content I never got around to editing as well.

I've got 2 of 3 vlogs ready, so just one more and I'll start uploading again

Love your vids man. Used to be a 1/3 PLO grinder myself to put myself through university so very relatable content, although very glad that I no longer rely on poker for income.

What are your thoughts on shot-taking as a pro? I was invited recently to stakes that were way out of my league and had absolutely insane action. I ended up taking two bullets with me and managed to book a solid win, but I can't help but imagine that it would have been a big risk if I still relied on my bankroll for real income.

At the same time though, I probably would have been really tempted to play for such an +EV spot. Probably a good thing I never went full-time poker.

Love your vids man. Used to be a 1/3 PLO grinder myself to put myself through university so very relatable content, although very glad that I no longer rely on poker for income.

What are your thoughts on shot-taking as a pro? I was invited recently to stakes that were way out of my league and had absolutely insane action. I ended up taking two bullets with me and managed to book a solid win, but I can't help but imagine that it would have been a big risk if I still relied on my bankroll for real income.

At the same time though, I probably would have been really tempted to play for such an +EV spot. Probably a good thing I never went full-time poker.

I tried in Tampa at 5/10/25 and lost 6k in one session against a deep-pocketed maniac who doesn't fold

I typically get kicked in the teeth by those droolers :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom