Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (58 Viewers)

To the Nàdurra First Fill. They’re running out of the good stuff!

Last edited:
You underrated
CA9ADB8A-D836-4FDB-960E-8840C2ED0C1A.jpeg

Done. Bardstown was really sweet- corn syrup after the scotch. They also had a blue scotch that was liquid campfire and not my style.

Best of the evening: Aberlour & Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve. Smooth, lovely.

Edit: I just looked up prices. The Nàdurra was clearly the highest of the Aberlour-Glenlivet distillery. At cask strength, it really burned when I first took a sip (neat), eventually mellowing out. Definitely what I expect from a Scotch. But I’ve come to prefer the non jet-fuel side of whiskeys.

Last edited:
View attachment 1002579
@detroitdad - this one!

Also - you correctly identified the lighter proof. Just under 100…thought it was higher. Agree with you though…very solid pour
Middle west has three regular offerings. They also have the premium finished offerings, this Sherry bourbon is one of them. I don’t have this one but I’m not surprised it is good. I own their pumpernickel rye which is good, and their premium ported pumpernickel rye, which is even better.

Middle west has three regular offerings. They also have the premium finished offerings, this Sherry bourbon is one of them. I don’t have this one but I’m not surprised it is good. I own their pumpernickel rye which is good, and their premium ported pumpernickel rye, which is even better.

Pumpernickel rye? Uh, yes please

I love this bottle. I'm already in my back up lol
I've had it a few times before and have actually chosen it as a top pick in a blind taste test against some other very worthy adversaries.

Luckily, between myself and my buddy, I believe we have three of them right now.

Last night was eventful. We had a finished run for my first bottle of Wild Turkey 101 and we got a second bottle of High West's Campfire blend. Both are just fantastic whiskeys. I gotta cultivate more whiskey drinking friends so we can crack into more bottles!

ECBP Boulevardier...a little too much coupe, but I like the shape for this cocktail. View attachment 1002711

Awesome. I just made myself one of these babies! I use two ounces of bourbon, half ounce of capri and a half ounce of sweet vermouth. I prefer a 110 proof or higher. I used Wild Turkey Rare Breed in tonights drink.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom