Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (45 Viewers)

Learned something new today.

B01EF40F-15E2-416A-8EA9-3675B781413A.jpeg

This is a 10x zoom of a Barrell Seagrass label, right side. That is the number 3, meaning batch 3. Apparently batches 1-3 are the good ones.

Since the "you either love scotch that tastes like cigarette ashes, or you're a terrorist" crowd started getting more vocal.
Friend of mine is the classic wannabe-mans-man and keeps telling me "I don't like Scotch yet but I keep trying to develop my tastebuds". Clown is buying and sipping on $100 bottles, grimacing, to convince himself he likes that kind of poison because I told him I liked Laphroaig. Exhausting stuff, but the process is pretty wonderful for my tastings! I've got half a dozen wounded soldiers from his campaign, love it.

In other news, friend brought this and killed it at my game. Told a big story about how the place it was made used to sell boots so every bottle has different leather on the stopper, pretty cool. Very smooth vanilla taste. The friend hit his Jack on the river so I hate him but otherwise great guy.
20230107_192318.jpg
20230107_192324.jpg

Lol, $15 3oz pour of Russels 13

View attachment 1054540
That's a great deal. Reminds me of the time I was in a sports bar in my little home town in Iowa and spotted a bottle of Blanton's behind the bar. Asked how much and waitress said $9. :eek: I said YES PLEASE!

My son who's a bar manager here in Houston just bought bottles of Rip VW and GTS. I didn't get as good of an answer when I asked him the same question. $45 & $40. He did say I could order a haff pour and I'm sure it will be a generous half.

Edit: I missed the THREE OUNCES part! WOW! My son's full pours will be 1.5 oz on those two and his other super premium stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom